Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2003, 11:37 AM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

same with my little bro.. only 3.. and cries when mom and dad leaves. personally i dont mind it since he wont do that when he grows old.. remember these kinds of memories [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
If you're with her all day and her dad is at work, it's only natural for her to miss her dad, and it would be worrying if she didn't - don't get upset by it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Right on Epona. [img]smile.gif[/img] Jackie gets ecstatic every time Stephen comes home from work. She spends much more time with me each day so I´m glad she is that happy to see him. As far as I can tell Josh like me more than Stephen though. [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] LOL

Don´t worry about it and don´t cry about it. I´m not sure your daughter understand the concept of work quite yet. When she does she will not do this anymore. She is not doing this to hurt you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 12:58 PM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

oh I know she did not mean to make me cry, but she has always been a mama's girl, now all of a sudden she wants her daddy, and he works odd hours, so he bearly has time to kiss them goodnight i tried to explain to her that her daddy was not gone, but at work and he would be home, she kept saying it like he was never coming home, and all i could do was hold her and cry right along with her
Old 05-04-2003, 01:11 PM   #14
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Don't worry about it. Although I don't have kids myself, I do used to babysit alot. And some kids cry when their mother leaves, their father leaves, their uncle Bubba leaves and the babysitter leaves...

Its just the age I suppose... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 01:43 PM   #15
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, it is like everyone has said very normal for that age. I will say this though--it upsets children particularly little children to see their parents cry. It could be that seeing you crying prolonged and exacerbated the episode, whereas distracting her would have shortened it. I know it is tough to do when they are upset, but showing that you are upset only upsets them more. Around age 2 chilren begin to realize that they are a seaparate and distint person from their mothers (if they have been around their mother i.e. stay-at-home mom all their life). It is only to be expected that she would want her daddy some and it is a good thing. Next time, I would try to get her interested in an activity that she enjoys---better for both of you. AND lest someone say there is nothing wrong with parents crying in front of their children, I am only giving this advice based on the age of the child----2. The same advice would not hold true for an older child.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-04-2003, 08:12 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My daughter is the same. Everytime I call, I have to speak to her on the phone, and she is upset to give it up...not hurt, but angry to stop talking to me. She kicks and growls...

[ 05-04-2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-04-2003, 09:22 PM   #17
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Stormymystic, something similar would happen with my daughter Katie and I when she was at that age. Almost from the day she was born I would sing her to sleep at night in my arms and then tuck her in bed. My wife was home with her most of the day and this was just one of the ways that I tried to give her a little R&R away from the baby. Then one day Katie refused to let me sing to her and from then on had to be tucked in by Mommy. I felt a little hurt, as if I was being rejected and was not good enough for her anymore, but I came to realize that it was only a stage she was going through and that she didn't love me any less. I'm sure that your daughter is going through the same stage.

(As an aside, I got bored with the usual lullabies during this period and so I sung/taught her some pretty interesting songs. She could sing all of "Minnie the Moocher" by the time she was 2!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-04-2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]
Old 05-04-2003, 10:28 PM   #18
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

My son sometimes starts crying and saying he misses grandma as soon as she's out the door. He's 7 and my mom picks him up from school every day and he usually spends Friday night at her house, but when he's really tired or starting to get a cold he gets upset easily. I usally stick one of the cats in his face or get them chasing their toys to take his mind off it.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ever try to bribe her to stop crying using sweets or cake? It may work.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #20
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

sometimes crying witht he child is a good thing. they have to see you express emotions too. otherwise they will start to hide theirs. when i am upset i do not hide it from justi, or lyn. i talk to them about it (yes even the eight month old!) if we want our children to grow up bringing us their problems and not their friends, etc. then we need to be open with them.