Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 10:30 PM   #11
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Old?! I bought the game in October... When I bought it I thought it was brand new. [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] How long has it been out?
I'm still not finished with it yet, still stuck in Dragon's Eye. Trudging along though. I'm just glad to know that the ending isn't as bad as NWN. Now that was a BAD ending!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:11 AM   #12
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Yup finished it, did it twice in normal mode and trying it out in HOF mode now. The end , well good build up and pretty intense battles, but i was amazed at how fast i killed the twins. I guess must be the spell selections as well as the tanks that i had. Played the end only once and made it. The funny thing was, i didnt know whether i was hitting them or not, until one of them was really beaten up badly and then it was over. Sorry but i wasnt trying to boast here, but i had lots of help from this forum before the main battle. Thanks guys appreciate it all the way.

Dmouse
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:40 AM   #13
Guinness
The Magister

Problem with IWD2 is they released it at different times depending on which part of the world you are in.

I had finished the game when others were still asking about release dates.

Also the last chapters were no where near as challenging as middle few. So most ppl probably didn't have too many problems with it.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:19 PM   #14
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I beat the game on normal, but I ended up using the "repeat the bard song over and over" tactic a lot to kill golems and prevent myself from being killed. I hated the "mass domination" spell that one of them uses. It bypassed the "prevent charm" effect on my theif's armor, so even he would be charmed. On the off chance that it didn't affect a character, all the enemies in the room would attack the one remaining person while the monks that I saved beat up my other characters. At one point, my sorceror's picture dissapeared as if they were never there. I scrolled through the text, and the last thing that happened to my wizard was Magic damage (3) magic damage (12). Something similar happened to the leader monk, too. I don't think it was "disentigrate" since their items were still there. I won with my second fighter, my cleric, and my bard still alive. I couldn't have won without my bard, but I may play again to see if I can get very far without a bard.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:26 PM   #15
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Wow! sounds like a bunch of people have beaten the game on HOF mode. I don't know about you, but I like my game kept on normal mode.
For some reason I just am not very motivated to finish the game. I started off real well and then I kinda got bogged down in the maze forest and ever since then the game has just kinda gone downhill. Its getting better though, i'm in dragons eye and there are some HARD enemies down there. Like an iron golemn which I can't kill and all sorts of traps... i'm going on and on aren't I? I have to say, they really put some cool weapons in the game though. Its almost worth playing it just for the weapons.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:20 AM   #16
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

For me, i play the HOF mode just for the weapons and armor. I mean the story is the same and the enemies are the same amount but much harder now. I just wanted to see what kinda of unique weapons are out there. NOw i know and its worth playing it again under HOF mode. You should try it piestrider. I think the Golem you were referring too was hard to kill. I think there were 4 if i am not mistaken. I totally didnt like the forest bit and went to get the walk through from a friend. After that relied on the game. I truly didnt know why they put the forest maze thingy there.
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote