Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2003, 09:54 AM   #11
NobleNick
Quintesson

Arrow

~
(Luremaster spoilers)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Aacccckk! My party's been separated!! One of those crypt things swiped my Druid and teleported him at least 3 rooms away (two full screen widths)... into unexplored territory, of course. (He survived the encounter with a Boneguard, and subsequent battles with a Boneguard, 3 Revenant and a Crypt Thing; but I don't want him to move around much, since the natives are definitely not friendly.) And, as if that wasn't bad enough, the apparent path to rescue him is beyond a locked door that doesn't respond favorably to my party's excellent lockpicking abilities.

Can someone tell me how to open this door?

Let's see if I can describe its location: My party took the secret passage from the "spider room," just east of Stubbletoes' store, down to a big room with a big coffin in the middle that you can open, and four coffins in the room corners that can not be opened. From the coffin room, they went south (through secret door?) to an adjoining antechamber, then east through a secret door, a very tiny room, and another secret door, to arrive in a room full of wights that is just north of a room full of traps and bags of treasures. One more secret door east puts you in a room with 2 revenant and a crypt thing. At the NE end of this room is a large (wide) door that won't unlock. This is the door of which I speak. Anyone know how to get through it?

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

NobleNick, I remember this happening to my party. I would guess that you have to find a key. Go to this link, it has a description of the area and spoilers.

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd...ls/crypt.shtml

[ 10-02-2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #13
Lymond
Manshoon

NobleNick,

I feel your pain, as this has happened to me twice over the past couple of nights. It drove me nuts, because I knew what the spellcaster was up to, but I couldn't get a shot off in time to disrupt him. Once it's happened, the strategy I've used is to play without that character until I can work my way over there. Last night I ended up playing about an hour longer than I had intended, because I don't like to go to bed with my party separated like that.

Some funny things happened to me while I was in that area. The first one is that I sent a single fighter into one of the larger rooms that turned out to be filled with a bunch of blast skeletons. I turned around to bring them closer to my party, and then turned back to hold them there within range of my other character's missiles. When I stuck one of them, it set off his blast, which in turn set them all blasting off. Within fifteen seconds they were all dead and I had lost 80% of my hit points. It was fun to watch, but I was bummed that I didn't get the experience from it. I was surprised that they were vulnerable to their own attacks.

The other funny thing happened in the room full of mummies. I sent in my bard to cast a fireball and then death fog. Before she could get death fog off, something caused her to become hopeless. That was a drag, but the rest of the party was able to handle it. Afterwards, to move along, I case hope on her. She was back to her old self right away, and in a split second finished casting death fog, which almost wiped out my entire battle weary party!

Lymond
Old 10-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #14
NobleNick
Quintesson

Thank you for the link, pritchke! We've been reunited.

Lymond, Yeah, I know about that room... now: After I got my Druid (actually a DC Fighter/Druid) back, he went into this room by himself and got "hopeless" before he could escape. (Don't ask me what I was thinking. I ALWAYS use a thief for exploration; but this looked like a harmless little alcove.... ) Despite the fact that he has 160-something HP and lots of help was nearby, he died before the rest of the party had dispatched the lot. (By the way, Malavon's Rage is a NEAT spell!)

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote