Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

4-3-1-2 for me. But i wont do the 2 at all if he wont pay it and just do the 1

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-21-2003, 08:17 AM   #12
Stratos
Vampire

Make him cough up the dough for a new game. If you break anything you've borrowed, you gotta pay for it.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:22 AM   #13
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

He obviously needs to be taught a lesson in respect. Wait until he falls asleep, then go about doing some 'disciplinary surgery' with a switchblade, if you get my meaning. Trust me, it'll work great. After you've made an example of this boy, everyone will know you are not to be trifled with. Give it a shot [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 08:56 AM   #14
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
He obviously needs to be taught a lesson in respect. Wait until he falls asleep, then go about doing some 'disciplinary surgery' with a switchblade, if you get my meaning. Trust me, it'll work great. After you've made an example of this boy, everyone will know you are not to be trifled with. Give it a shot [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
What is it you are suggesting? This sounds highly illegal.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:09 AM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by mysticelt:
What is it you are suggesting? This sounds highly illegal.
*gasp* ILLEGAL you say? Oh no!
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 09:23 AM   #16
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If it really bothered me that the game was spoilt (ie, one of my favourite), I would raise it with him the next time I saw him. But I would start off mildly, like "So, what are you going to do about my game that you wrecked?". If he appears willing to compensate, then the problem would be solved. But if he tries to laugh it off, then I would see whether his friendship was worth my giving him another chance. The second time that he does it, I'd let him know in no uncertain terms that I didn't find it funny and I wouldn't make a special effort to seek him out as a friend after that.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
I'm assuming you're kidding here, Hierophant, after all it's only a game.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #18
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

I think i have a problem now I kinda really bitched him out and well now i feel bad about it because he was quite a good friend but see he broke the disc oh damn what should I do?
Old 08-21-2003, 12:40 PM   #19
Reeka

Cloud, he SHOULD have offered to pay for, but since he didn't I would ask him to pay for it. If that doesn't work, I would tell my parents what happened and get THEM to ask his parents to pay for a replacement.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 08-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #20
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
I think i have a problem now I kinda really bitched him out and well now i feel bad about it because he was quite a good friend but see he broke the disc oh damn what should I do?
Are you still on speaking terms with him, cloud?

You need to decide whether or not you can accept the way he is (it's not really reasonable to expect others to change for you, just as it's not fair to expect you to change for them).