Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 12:21 PM   #11
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
But if you really are an English major you should tell Pete that it's spelt 'Grammar' (or is that part of the joke?)
It's part of the joke. [img]smile.gif[/img] Even if "grammer" is "grammar," things still ring true.

My point of contention in the post is the spoiler thing. It didn't bother me so much when I played BG1, because I already played through the game before I knew Ironworks existed. But when I started playing BG2, I did so with as few spoilers as possible. It's irritating to me when someone wants to know about the +6 cheese in unholy den of evil and makes a subject heading like poor Poster #3. The point of a spoiler tag is a warning that you're giving information away and people who haven't masted the game (such as myself) should be cautious about reading further.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I liked it! I assume that Memnoch is the head Moderator in this story, but I hope that I am not the little squeaky one! Please tell me that I am more scary than that!
Old 03-18-2003, 02:01 PM   #13
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Be quiet Larry. Your voice is making the hair on my neck stand on end
Old 03-18-2003, 02:39 PM   #14
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, in that case, LOL! It is funny. Spamhold?
Sorry, I didn't know you were complaining about spam, or spoiler warnings, I thought something had peeved you off at Ironworks as a whole! Sorry! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 02:51 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Pirengle, I agree all the way on the spoiling stuff! Some people really ruined BG2 for me in a couple ways by posting the MAJOR story info and plot twists long before I'd gotten there, without a 'spoiler' tag, so I always try to include tags when I post a potential spoiler.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:59 PM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL! Very amusing, Pirengle....*sly grin* Now off to Spamhold with you! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HEHE it's quite funny!
*coughs politely and raises an eyebrow* Does that mean your going there too Miss Cloudy Ma'am? *innocent look* hehe, soz, but I couldn't resist that! [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] of course... I can't really speak... :evillaughter1: [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 03:17 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
*coughs politely and raises an eyebrow* Does that mean your going there too Miss Cloudy Ma'am? *innocent look* hehe, soz, but I couldn't resist that! [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] of course... I can't really speak... :evillaughter1: [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Why CD, I'm shocked! *contemplates what CD would look like in Imoen's outfit and spits out her cola quite forcefully* Well, you can go to Spamhold too, but don't change your outfit! LOL
Old 03-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #18
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OI! [img]tongue.gif[/img] be nice Cloudy If I'm going to Spamhold - Kaltia's coming with me! And Nessy! j00 all goin there [img]tongue.gif[/img] *grins innocently*

An IMEON OUTFIT! Why Cloudy, I'm shocked at you! Quite shocked! What would Att say? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Besides, I'm an elf on BG [img]tongue.gif[/img] not a human
Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 PM   #19
quietman1920

It's very funny. Oh, look...! Over there...! Someone's offering a Clean Burriza for only 6 SOJs...one time offer...paypal only.

(just in case you miss B-Net. :evil )
Old 03-18-2003, 05:04 PM   #20
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
It's very funny. Oh, look...! Over there...! Someone's offering a Clean Burriza for only 6 SOJs...one time offer...paypal only.

(just in case you miss B-Net. :evil )
AFAIK, the clean perfect Buriza is only 3-5 these days... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*sound of dimension doors*
Head Moderator: That's it, you've bust out of Spamhold and you're still spamming the streets. I've gotten the entire gang together to teach you a lesson.
*moderators cast Symbol: Ban*
Poster 1: That doesn't work on me, I have over 90 HP. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
*moderators cast Symbol: Silence*
*poster 1 casts vocalize, time stop, followed by a RRR/LR/ADHW blast*
Head Moderator: I'm getting out of here!
*Head Moderator casts PFE/Gate*
A Moderator Who May or May Not Be Named Larry: *non-squeaky voice* Hey, wait for us!
*Head Moderator DDs out*
*Moderators DD out or flee for their lives*
Poster 1: Um, what are you?
Pit Fiend: I'm a pit fiend. Wanna buy a buriza for 6 SoJs?
Poster 1: Forget it. In Spamhold, a Glabrezu offered me a perfect clean for 4.
Pit Fiend: But you must buy mine for 6!
Poster 1: Why?
Pit Fiend: Because that makes me fiendish.