Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 11:16 PM   #11
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cerek was the name of my most successful PnP character.

Like most people, I joined IronwWorks in one of the Gaming Forums (BGII), so it seemed an appropriate moniker.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:41 PM   #12
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well, mine is prety Self explanatory. My sig, my old sig (That I seem to have lost the address of) was a picture of my character (well the cloest I could find anyway) and some stuff I added in.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:08 AM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I typed mine in hast when i needed name now it hase come to mean more to me as i grow older, a Blade can cut through illutions and lies and show the truth, but like all Blades it can defend or kill. Although i wouldn't hesitate to use my real name. As for my sig. it matches my name and i like swords and lightning, so i asked and Moni delivered
Old 02-13-2002, 04:38 AM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Yes I know, I've heard the story [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Just pointing it out. And also there was an Assyrian... or maybe Sumerian or Babylonian, one of those middle eastern empires anyway , king called Nebuchanezzar. That's probably where those authors got it originally [img]smile.gif[/img]

Babylonian king, built the hanging gardens of Babylon, he's also in the Bible.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:07 AM   #15
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

As i havent delved into this topic very often i will go ahead and share, but first we'll have to take a little trip down memory lane.
here is the history of my sig:

in the beginning i was learning to pull images out of BGII as that was the 'cool' thing to do at the time and this frightening little bugger was my sig-

then i started to get a little bolder in my design scheme
and the earth pounding brothers were born-

but it was determined that this sig was just to big, it was slowing the forum down if i posted a few times in a thread, so i was asked by Z to make it smaller so the boy's had to stand still for a while as i tried to find a way to shrink them
Then finaly, to the joy of the other members they boys were back in town-

but as time went by, and the links began to fail. i drifted off into obscurity for a while and had all but dissappeared from the iron works. Then one day i came back and started to lurk again. I needed to make a comeback, but it was time for a change and i began work to forge a new sig. After much hard work, i finaly had it a flashy new sig to announce my presence-

We now come to the most recent sig i have worn. I was finaly able to get an image of the thing that gave me my name in the first place, bringing us to the story of my name.

The first time i ever got on the internet was in the library at the colledge i attended after highschool. i had found my way to a chat room and i needed a name. i couldnt think of anything cool so i started looking to the stuff i had with me at the time for inspiration. i just happend to be wearing a pair of pants by JNCO called "Slackers" Slackerboy! that was it!
So from that moment on i have been slackerboy.
and what does that have to do with this guy-

well that was the logo that was ebroidered on the back of those pants

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: slackerboy ]

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: slackerboy ]

Old 02-13-2002, 07:19 AM   #16
Lioness
Jack Burton

My nick is Lioness is after the heroine of Tamora Pierce's Song of the LIoness Quartet.

Moni created the Lioness for me, I guess it's obvious why, and I later thoguht of the pic I use for my character in BG2, that I got off IW, and I asked her to include it. The kitty was a lil gift. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And the Lil' Angel...need I say? [img]graemlins/angelwings.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 07:24 AM   #17
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Nah, didn't get it from there, from the series of books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman called the Death Gate Cycle.

I'm only using the short form of the name because everyone else on another forum screwed it up horribly whenever they tried to spell it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Some people just don't concentrate do they Nib [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 07:26 AM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:

Some people just don't concentrate do they Nib [img]smile.gif[/img]

At least you didn't call me Ned.....
Old 02-13-2002, 09:21 AM   #19
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Jabidas is a joke between some friends and me, its a lonnnng story. The Sig, well I was looking for something that was a little like me on Lady Nightshades (now shutdown) and found him and he has my eyes so he stays. AdamWarlock is hosting and Im so happy to have him back, he was gone for a while.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:23 AM   #20
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

::sigh:: We just went through this question a couple weeks ago.......

As for the sig...Sazerac came up with a lovely falcon clutching a gem for me, but it just wasn't quite what I had in mind. I'd found a wallpaper a couple years ago I adored and Septfox (#2 son) clipped it down to eliminate the scenary, leaving only the desert lady and her falcon, Saz resized it further and toned down her hot pink panties a little , added the name text, and then graciously hosted it for me...

She is a (fantasized) mirror-side of me, I suppose....