Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 06:08 PM   #11
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
This is what my uncle told me so I'm not sure if it is really true.
You couldn't sue anyway. Hey, the guy across the street from me tripped over a paving stone, perhaps I'll sue... er, no, can't do that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2002, 06:09 PM   #12
Thoran
Galvatron

20 years huh... given the sentence I could make a couple general predictions regarding the event.

-Lying on a bale of "grass" is one possibility... with or without the "nickle bags on sale here" sign.

-Lying on the grass... with someone with a name like "Mandy" who has a fake ID that says she's 18 (so she can buy cig's).

-Lying on the grass with the smoking hulk of a car wrapped around a guardrail nearby... usually with beer cans strewn about, or maybe this is where the "grass" come in. Nah... this one can't be... noone gets 20 years for dui.

I'm sorry... but you don't get 20 years for sleeping in the wrong spot, so I'd recommend you find out WHY he got 20 years before you look up Cocheran's number.

[ 07-22-2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 07-22-2002, 06:11 PM   #13
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Sounds like 20 years for possession of a not insignificant amount of controlled substances that he prefers not to talk about. Passing out in the grass? From drinking beer? Naaaahhhhhh!
Old 07-22-2002, 06:23 PM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Sounds like 20 years for possession of a not insignificant amount of controlled substances that he prefers not to talk about. Passing out in the grass? From drinking beer? Naaaahhhhhh!
Well, it *is* possible if he already had an extensive criminal record. I have heard a story once in which a criminal *knew* he had to return to jail for 10 years or something if he was ever caught doing a crime. He got caught stealing a candybar in a store and off he went. And that's a true story as far as I can remember...

btw, let me add that I'm not buying SomeGuy's story. There's either more to it, or he or his uncle are "exaggerating", to say the least.

[ 07-22-2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-22-2002, 06:28 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Public disturbance and endangering automotorists aren't THAT seriouse...

They must've though he was drunk or he wasn't JUST smoking Tabbaco.

You can't sue anyone for that, he just has to have a lawyer and a legal case about it. Sueing the state isn't the best option...

still though, this sounds kind of fishy...
Old 07-22-2002, 07:14 PM   #16
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Are You Sure It Wasn't 20 Days? Or Something To Do With Smoking Grass?? Well, 20 Years Is Harsh Even For That...
And Epona, I Think The Term Is RAIN On His Parade... I've Never Heard Your Version [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2002, 07:19 PM   #17
SomeGuy
Unicorn

My uncle waas the one who told me the story okay!?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-22-2002, 07:22 PM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
quote:
Are You Sure It Wasn't 20 Days? Or Something To Do With Smoking Grass?? Well, 20 Years Is Harsh Even For That...
And Epona, I Think The Term Is RAIN On His Parade... I've Never Heard Your Version [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Er, OK. I meant piss on his fireworks, that better? btw you never replied to my post on the music thread a week or so ago about Ska - so what bands do you like?
Old 07-22-2002, 10:40 PM   #19
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

how about, "i didnt mean to piss in your apple-jacks"?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-23-2002, 12:12 AM   #20
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
My uncle waas the one who told me the story okay!?
He's pulling your leg..... My father fell asleep at a bus stop and got carted off for vagrency. The worst that brings is a night in the clink (jail, gaol). All he had to do was show identification.

DeSoya