Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 08:34 AM   #11
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes I'm beginning to regret getting the Magnma Bomb as a spell....

there was one encounter that I was overwhelmed with 4 rat ninjas, 3 spiders, and 3 giant dragonflies...
and there was only two in my group (I was trying to increase my levels).
Ok I back up and used this spell....

it bounces forward.... AND the enemies decided to come forward!
This spell was bouncing around because it couldn't find its target and I couldn't back up any further away from the enemies....

in a word: 'ouch!'

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:58 AM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Adam - extreme OUCH!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

would be an interesting sight though...
me running away from the creatures that are chasing me with the Magna Bomb bouncing behind them......

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 11:59 AM   #14
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hiya,

Aww, no one likes Magma Bomb? I simply love that spell, it is my absolute favorite. I had all of my characters learn it so I could unleash them one after another. I usually roll it down hills, or stand up on a ledge and let it drop. Once you figure out how it strikes, you will never miss with it! So, my three are:

1. Magma Bomb (of course!)
2. Lifesteal
3. Meteorstrom

Generally speaking, I didnt use a lot of spells near the end of the game, preferred to use weapons and such, like for fighting mantraps. I learned all of the spells, but most of the low level ones I didnt hardly use, some never at all. I guess I just like melee fighting!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 03:12 PM   #15
Scrotemus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. firestorm - this is the most destructive spell i've seen so far. it wastes everything around (just don't be too close)
2. Summon Fiend - this is perfect when you're surrounded. the fiend you summon must be random, i've summoned everything from an ice demons to a pair of hell hounds
3. Dust to dust - awesome anti undead spell. this will waste almost any undead on one shot (at least until the stout mines).

the most USEFUL spell is probably cure poison or healing realm.
Scrotemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:39 PM   #16
Balgin
Elminster

Just to be different (and yet totally honest) here's my favourite three (based on regularity of use as well as all being personal favourites).

1: Heroic Might.
2: Bloodlust.
3: Bless

Alright, so some of you might not call these attack spells but when each party member is sporting those beloved three icons (along with an almost constant Merlin's Shield in Cet's Pyramid and the surrounding area). they can deal out a fair ammount of damage.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 11:32 PM   #17
Max
Dungeon Master

Bloodbath has to be my fav offensive spell. If you use it at the end of the game when your HP are high it causes terrific amounts of damage, and yes ok it is somewhat of a drawback that you have vitualy no life left but just use Restore health and you fine again.

I have used bloodbath on three walking trees in the isle of sands and it killed all three in one foul swoop, now thats one powerfull spell.

I also like lifesteal just the thought of taking HP form your foes and healing yourself with them makes me chuckle.

For my solo play throughs Merlins Sheild has to be the out and out winner it keeps a starting wizard very safe. I also used it every time I forced a chest open right up to shurugoen castle and was not affected by any of the chest traps, and being able to keep hitting the chests also ment that I opened them all with no traps and locks skill what so ever.

So there we go.....

Bloodbath
Lifesteal
Merlins Sheild

the winning spells in my spellbook.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote