Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ah, good Cerek, then it is confirmed then [img]smile.gif[/img] For a second there I was wondering with DK's post, thought Ranchoweb was completely going out of business or something with his "no longer hosting any sigs for anywhere on earth" post.

One thing I want to just say, is I know for those who can't afford to pay any money to have their sigs hosted on Ranchoweb it must be very disappointing. But it has to be realized that Ranchoweb has hosted tons of images for quite a long time for free. I can't even imagine how many images they have hosted for free in total in the past, as people from all over the world use them for hosting sigs on message boards, and also for hosting pictures of items to sell on Ebay. So those that are advertising using a free Ranchoweb account on Ebay are actually making money on Ebay by using a free site to host said image(s). In other words, I think a LOT of people were using Ranchoweb for free, and they just couldn't afford it anymore. Must have been taxing on their servers, and costing them a lot of out-of-pocket money as well. We just can't expect people to do but so much for us for free. I just don't like to hear when people start ragging on Ranchoweb because they are charging money now. They HAD to, they can't be expected to go poor paying out of their pockets for us. Heck, even THIS forum gets donations, because they are needed, because we can't expect Ziroc to work so hard and pay out of his hard earned money for us all the time (he's already done that for years with NO donations, as Ranchoweb did). So I donate here, and now, I pay for Ranchoweb. Tis only honest and fair. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-01-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

A point perfectly put.

Ziroc, my brother, and I guess a million others work their nuts off to provide a free service for us to use. These are the frontline people that we "see". Ranchoweb etc are (for me) a background thing.....almost forgotten. But millions of people are passing possibly millions of bucks on the back of a free service.....yet someone somewhere must be upkeeping it all....for us to use for free. There has to be a straw to break the camels back, particularly if your FREE service is being used for commercial activity. Ranchowebs straw turned up is all...
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 03-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

yes well while you pay for your image hosting i'll be pushing my 200th meg on the net soon without a din dime [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though I dont really do these sig hosting sites for myself [img]tongue.gif[/img] they're really for the people, if you want to just host your own images that's great... I pay for my own sites at Freewebs, Some Shared Space on Cholera-club, and Toranoana ^_^ Those are actually quite innexpensive because they're either a new service or rather cheap on the account of the fact that they're shared... *shrug*
Old 03-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No problem with that Deathkiller, to each his own. Those other free sites are great for those who can't afford to pay. I just have no problem whatsoever paying myself, I make decent money , and love Ranchoweb, they are reliable and really fast to upload things. Just don't want others ragging on them is all, that was my main point. Again, any other sites that offer free hosting is great, yet another set of kind people graciously giving their hosting services for free, as Ranchoweb did for so long. Hopefully too many won't flock to them and they end up having to charge eventually as well.

Reality Show Recaps