Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #11
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
*points at ʆë®Ñï†Ý* that is what I call style and class! love u darling [img]graemlins/lovestory2.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] darling...!

I'm sure many would disagree [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 09:14 AM   #12
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Cause you got no class [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k
Ouch!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Ah well, I am still young, and I'm willing to learn
Old 05-23-2002, 02:00 PM   #13
Charean
Hathor

First of all, pay no attention to Caleb... he is .... well..... Caleb.

From my mother's generation: Class is not money or something you are born with. It is the ability to make others feel at ease no matter the situation in a well-mannered way. It is grace under pressure (nods to Rush).
Style is how you carry yourself and your confidence. Clothing can impart some style, but how you wear it (whether you slump or look the world in the eye) is what is important. Style can also imply your individuality in what you do. Something done with panache and grace imparts style.

The epitome of class and style to me has always been Grace Kelly. Some of you may not know who she is, but she is amazing. No one has ever come close to her effortless class.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:14 PM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

To me, class is the ability to withstand life's rough places with dignity and never descending to pettyness. Galadria and I were just talking about a scene in a game that some of you may be familiar with, Planescape: Torment. When Fall-from-Grace is confronted by the Alu-Fiend, Vrishika, and accused of being everything from a Baatzu camp-follower to a spy, she doesn't lose her temper, she merely points out the misconceptions that Vrishika has about her, andwhen you ask about it later, she says that she doesn't blame Vrishika for not liking her, because she is an Alu-fiend, a half-breed, and therefore beyond the pale in Taanari'i society. As Gal then said, "that's one classy lady."
Old 05-23-2002, 07:28 PM   #15
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
First of all, pay no attention to Caleb... he is .... well..... Caleb.

From my mother's generation: Class is not money or something you are born with. It is the ability to make others feel at ease no matter the situation in a well-mannered way. It is grace under pressure (nods to Rush).
Style is how you carry yourself and your confidence. Clothing can impart some style, but how you wear it (whether you slump or look the world in the eye) is what is important. Style can also imply your individuality in what you do. Something done with panache and grace imparts style.

The epitome of class and style to me has always been Grace Kelly. Some of you may not know who she is, but she is amazing. No one has ever come close to her effortless class.
I also agree with what you've said, Charean [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

For me, Audrey Hepburn is the epitomy of class and style. Again, another actress whom some may not be aware of [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 07:29 PM   #16
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
To me, class is the ability to withstand life's rough places with dignity and never descending to pettyness."
Yup, and that's usually easier said than done
Old 05-23-2002, 08:05 PM   #17
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
absolutely.and beautiful on top of that.
my idea of class in a man is the late jimmy stewart.
my idea of style though is me in my faded levi's,an aloha shirt,sandals,and my way farers.now that's STYLE.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #18
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
my idea of class in a man is the late jimmy stewart.
Agreed Gregory Peck and Cary Grant, anyone?