Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 03:51 AM   #11
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
You know..I have been thinking about this a lot lately, who is responsible....take Iraq for example. One man and a limited number of loyal fanatics rule this nation. The ruling class is threatening not only the world in general but the general population of the nation itself. Why are these people not fighting against the tyranical rule which so obviously keeps them in poverty? The Kurds try to fight, but with no real outside support, have no chance of victory. How much are the "people" of Iraq to blame for allowing this despot to rule them?
During the gulf war certain peoples inside Iraq were encouraged by america to rebel against Saddam, and were promised air support from america. The rebellion came...but no air support, so they were crushed fairly easily.

As for how much they are to blame for letting Saddam rule them...they should be blamed less than the people of america who voted for whichever president made a mess of Korea and Vietnam. Of course we are not blaming them...so do not blame the people of Iraq. If you were to be tortured for simply thinking and talking against the hierachy, I do not believe that you would stand up against them.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #12
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
During the gulf war certain peoples inside Iraq were encouraged by america to rebel against Saddam, and were promised air support from america. The rebellion came...but no air support, so they were crushed fairly easily.

As for how much they are to blame for letting Saddam rule them...they should be blamed less than the people of america who voted for whichever president made a mess of Korea and Vietnam. Of course we are not blaming them...so do not blame the people of Iraq. If you were to be tortured for simply thinking and talking against the hierachy, I do not believe that you would stand up against them.
Dates, names and links please? The US has been supplying aid to the Kurds for years now, what group are you talking about? During the Gulf War, US troops and British Troops, waged a war and won, support was given where it could be. If a specific air drop did not happen, that is the nature of war, confusion, chaos and destruction.

Err what has Vietnam and Korea have to do with Iraq? I don't think anyone involved with either of those conflicts is in office right now....maybe an old senator and or congressman or two...not sure.

As for Vietnam, if you want to rag on the US you better rag on The French, they were there first, as for Korea, don't just rag on the US, the UN had troops there from many Nato nations.

As for assuming what I personally would do....You really should not make assumptions about people you do not know.

Sory for the abrupt nature of this post, while not angry, this is a matter that I don't see as being something that can be lightly discussed and which has to be taken seriously, thus my serious tone.

[ 01-03-2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]