Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 03:18 PM   #11
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
rokenn,there is nothing new in this story of the iraqi national who was involved with the okc bombing.it's just that the prior administration sat on the information.
Can you show me any proof of this? Or do I just have to take your word for it?
Old 09-13-2002, 03:19 PM   #12
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
rokenn,there is nothing new in this story of the iraqi national who was involved with the okc bombing.it's just that the prior administration sat on the information.
Can you show me any proof of this? Or do I just have to take your word for it?[/QUOTE] well you could just do a google search and save Khazadman and myself a bit of work and you might even learn a couple of things.....just a thought.

Old 09-13-2002, 03:20 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
I've never thought of you as a killer, Ron. More like a verbose genius with visions of exposition.
Hmmmm..............

verbose genius with visions of exposition?

I like it.

I wonder if I can have that put on a personalized license tag? If not, I'm definately getting a t-shirt...lol
Old 09-13-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
well you could just do a google search and save Khazadman and myself a bit of work and you might even learn a couple of things.....just a thought.
Good idea! And I will remember that next time you or Khaz asks me to backup a statement with some facts [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just find it strange that the subject of OKC has come up here in the past in this context, and this is the first time the 'fact' that McVeigh may have been backed by middle-eastern terrorist has come up.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:33 PM   #15
MagiK

Quote:
Good idea! And I will remember that next time you or Khaz asks me to backup a statement with some facts [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just find it strange that the subject of OKC has come up here in the past in this context, and this is the first time the 'fact' that McVeigh may have been backed by middle-eastern terrorist has come up.
[/QUOTE]

Ya know that would sound totally reasonable but for some reason it doesnt. In this case I dont really care enough about the subject to go scanning for one little tidbit about the OKC bombing. In this case, you have two independant people telling you that it was reported, can't that be good enough? Why would I lie to you. Now if I were telling you the sky was purple...then I could see it.......sorry...Im just tired right now Rokenn. Maybe later I will look it up for you.

Old 09-13-2002, 03:46 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Here is a link I found on the first page of a Google search.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:02 PM   #17
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Here is a link I found on the first page of a Google search.
That is an interesting site, reminds me of sites I've seen claiming the moon landings were a hoax.

So, why exactly would the FBI want to cover up the full truth about OKC?
Old 09-13-2002, 04:16 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
That is an interesting site, reminds me of sites I've seen claiming the moon landings were a hoax.

So, why exactly would the FBI want to cover up the full truth about OKC?
I don't claim the site to be truthful or accurate, but it was the first that came up in the search. If you want something more substanitive, try Google.com , there are lots of links. Maybe you can find something you'd trust more.

I don't remember hearing about the Middle Eastern connection very much, other than the link to some money. I do remember the BOLO for two men of Middle Eastern origin in the hours after the bombing though, and not from reading about it in the media. I work in a 911 dispatch center, and we received it here.

Is it really hard to believe that someone who wanted to bomb a US government building would have a hard time finding someone willing to fund their efforts?
Old 09-13-2002, 04:51 PM   #19
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

This might sound silly, but what kind of searches are we talking about? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #20
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

If you go to www.google.com , you can search for just about anything. The link I found above was one of thousands found after searching for "oklahoma city bombing muslim". It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to include the key words.

I would have given anything to have a tool like that when I was in school [img]smile.gif[/img]