Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2002, 04:51 PM   #11
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Sometimes, with these voicemail systems, if you don't press any buttons, they roll over to an operator. That's for people who still have rotary phones.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 10-17-2002, 04:54 PM   #12
The Trickster
Manshoon

It's going to cost me a fortune if I keep ringing this number from Australia. If there's someone in California that would like to help me by calling the number during work hours, I'd be forever greatful.

Here's the order details straight off their website. I received Dark City and Evil Dead within a week of shipment. They sent the other two a few days later, but they never came.

All I want to know, is what I should do about it. I still want the dvds as I can't get them in Australia. You can see how much these cost as they are special editions, hence my concern.

Order #: 03140326 Date of Order: 07/19/2002 Order Status: Shipped

Product Description Qty. Price Status Ship Date

17485 Terminator 2: Judgment Day The Ultimate Edition (T2) 1 $22.93 Closed 07/30/2002

24773 Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead: Limited Edition 1 $37.49 Closed 07/26/2002

4095 Dark City: New Line Platinum Series 1 $16.98 Closed 07/22/2002

7226 Brazil: Criterion Collection 1 $47.96 Closed 07/30/2002

Once again, any help would be fantastic, and might save some of my hair from being pulled out of my head.

Ben.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:29 PM   #13
The Trickster
Manshoon

Still no response! Can someone please help me. I'm desperate.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:53 PM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

call your credit card. dispute the charges or do something. if they're not sending to you and you're not getting them contact someone you trust int he sates once you get your money back and work an exchange for the movies, they get them you pay for them and shiopping once your friend has them. but please don;t let it sit on your card too long, it may already be too late.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:08 AM   #15
Chewbacca
Zartan

Ah the thrill of the hunt!

By going here, The LA Better Business Bureau:

http://www.lachamber.org/aboutla/associate_links.html

and then entering the phone number here:

http://search.bbb.org/search.html

I ended up with this It doesn't look good!:

DVD Express

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Report was developed from various sources, including the business, governmental agencies, and the experience of the company's customers.

For further information contact the Better Business Bureau of the Southland
315 N. La Cadena, Colton, CA, 92324
(909) 825-7280

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVD Express
5890 West Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90016

Business Started: 01/01/97
File Open Date: 11/07/96
Last Report Date: 10/17/02
Principal Contact: Brian Carlson

Phone: (310) 202-7646
Fax: (310) 202-6734
EMail: Not Available
Web Address: http://www.dvdexpress.com

Bureau ID: 13063927

Nature of Business
This company's business is selling DVD videos on the internet.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record based on unanswered complaints. Complainants allege delivery related problems. Some customers report receiving only partial orders, or experience delays in delivery. Others receive no delivery at all. These problems prompted refund requests via e-mail or phone which were allegedly ignored by the company. The company responds to some complaints by issuing credits, sending orders, or offering explanations and apologizing for the shipping delays. A few complaints are closed as unresolved, meaning the complaints are not satisfied with the company's response. Most complaints remain unanswered. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any product, service or company.

Additional Phone Numbers

There are no additional phone numbers for this company on file.

Additional Trade names

D V D Express Inc.
DVD.com
Express Media Group, Inc.

Additional Addresses

There are no additional addresses for this company on file.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:20 AM   #16
Moni

Definitely contact your credit card company to report the theft that DVD Express has (apparently) committed through your trust and relate the BBB's information on their reliability...let your credit card break out the can of whupa$$, as they can and will and look for the DVD's elsewhere...the collection you are attempting to compile is not as important as your hard earned money in the long run and new aooprtunities to obtain them will arise.
Sorry you are having this kind of trouble! I just hate it when a dishonest company gets me in their grip! Right now I am dealing with a claims office notice for a (high) hospital bill that the hospital never sent me to begin with. I could just spit nails.

Old 10-19-2002, 07:15 AM   #17
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good to knove where you NOT shall buy any dvd`s Ben i hope you get your dvd`s soon or you money back report them ASAP to your creditcard company!!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 08:59 AM   #18
The Trickster
Manshoon

Thanks Chewbacca for the information. At least I know now that the company is just purposely ripping me off. I put a complaint in with the BBB thing, but I'm not confident of anything happening.

I guess it is time for me to just accept it, and tell my credit card company. Unfortunately, I don't have any more confidence in the bank's abilities to give me my money back.

I might just call them one more time! [img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Too bad! But
Quote:
Originally posted by The Trickster:
I guess it is time for me to just accept it, and tell my credit card company. Unfortunately, I don't have any more confidence in the bank's abilities to give me my money back
I think you can actually have some faith in your credit card company. I had similar problems once when I ordered books from the UK. They never arrived adn I couldn´t contact them. I contacted VISA and they got my money back in 4 days! I think those credit card companies have more lawyers than the whole lobby in Washington [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 10-19-2002, 10:08 AM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That is a good example of why none of us should ever buy anything off the Net without first checking sources like BBB and also verifying the truthfulness of the company by checking the address, phone number, and making sure that all points of concern are covered before promising your money away.
I had a bad experience when I received a faulty video card in the mail from a website that was selling them in NYC. I could not get anyone that spoke english well enough to communicate with! Finally, I was able to locate the president of the company and told him I would file a complaint with the BBBa dn contact local authorities of his negligence to cooperate with me in a business transaction if he did ont return my money. I received it by UPS Next Day Air the following day.