Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
In case you didn't catch the show, consider yourself lucky. The highlights featured a heafty anna nicole, looking for houses, she went in peoples homes, and ate food out of their refrigerator, messed up the covers on their beds, humped the beds too, and then she laid down in their bathtub, which she was too fat to get out of without help. Television at its best folks!
Gaaaaak!!! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] That sounds absolutely disgusting. What is the point of it?

-Saz
[/QUOTE]That's called real life TV or real life soap if you will Saz. A lot of people seem to have an interrest in it these days, can't figure out why though. In Holland we get bombarded with stuff like that on a daily basis, makes you wanna smack your TV. We have a word here for it too: bagger TV, bagger can best be described as poo, cause that's what it is !!!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:56 PM   #12
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Gaaaaak!!! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] That sounds absolutely disgusting. What is the point of it?

-Saz
The point, my good man, is that she exposed an impressive "display of talent" in Playboy magazine a number of years ago....which led to few "live-action jiggle" movies on Showtime and Cinemax.

And that alone is enough for our TV moguls to think she is "worthwhile" TV.

Of course, now that her waistline is approaching her bustline, you would have to hope that even the most depraved TV-producers would realize when a commodity is no longer "marketable" - but that would require a modicum of intelligence and common sense (qualities that are very rare in TV programming any more).

What is really funny is that there was a time when I simply couldn't live without my TV. Now, I rarely watch it. History, Discovery, A&E, and Animal Planet are about the only channels I ever pay any attention to anymore....and even those are rare occurrances.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:10 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I forgot about Animal Planet. I do watch Animal Planet from time to time, and PBS as well for some of the BBC stuff on the weekends.

Oh that reality crap. Now I see. My mother, my own mother, is hooked on "Big Brother 3". I can't see what she sees in it, but at least she's not one of these old ladies who listens to "Prarie Home Companion", so I can't complain too much, I guess.

Johnny, I feel for you, mate! Blaugh, that would have me going up a wall in no time if that's all I had to watch!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-06-2002, 02:34 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
The only thing I watch on my television anymore is movies, which I feel are the works of literature of our generation, no one reads that much anymore, why read when you can watch a glowing box, and get everything you would have out of a book, in a 90 minute special effects spectacular.
Speak for yourself.
Most people I know would pick a book over the telly anytime and would never even suggest that you "get everything you would have out of a book" from watching TV. I guess it just depends how you look at it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I agree. I might watch a film now and then but I don't get as immersed as I do in a book (on the rare occasions I read them LOL!!) These days I read more instructional books (Graphology, martial arts techniques, etc...) bt once in a blue moon I'll grab a fictionial book (usually sci-fi)

Old 08-07-2002, 09:35 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I thought Anna Nicole Smith was that hot model.. whats this about her being fat? Am I missing something? And what in God's name do you get on television anyway???
Old 08-07-2002, 09:47 AM   #16
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well sometimes I´m lucky over my slowly increasing DVD library (er rather some DVD´s on the top of the DVD player and other places..) and that I use the TV as a stereo as well, and that I don´t have the AnnNicole show.... yet...

As for her hmm, larger apperance now.., I guess that she doesn´t really have to care with all thoose zeroes hanging around behind the first two digit number on her banc account??

Well, she doesn´t seem to bright, we can read about it still though hehehe.Her remarcable reaction to real life is something that makes the Muppets look like Einsteins hehehe!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 08-07-2002, 10:05 AM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The only things that I ever watch on TV is an occasional movie, sometimes the news and Discovery and Animal Planet whenever I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Beyond that I prefer the web or a good book [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 11:24 AM   #18
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I have 5 free to air channels only and that amounts to about 37.5 minutes of good viewing a week - (apart from news and sport)
When my video machine died, I got a DVD player only instead - who needs the 'record a tv show you missed' function?

Aussie TV works like this:
1)Wait till a show from overseas bombs
2)Buy it cheaply
3)Show it in primetime and hype the crap out of it

Also, advertisers are being increasingly more blatant in treating the public like absolute mindless morons - and the volume is now literally 1.5 times the TV shows volume! Watching anything on commercial stations would be near impossible with out a remote control! I love how they put cutesy little station ego trips promos on before every ad break starts - gives you time to hit 'mute'!

One of my favorite comments on TV is from The Lemmonheads' tongue in cheek "The Outdoor Type"
"I can't go away with you on a rock climbing weekend, what if something's on TV and it's never shown again?"
Old 08-07-2002, 01:46 PM   #19
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
I can't see what she sees in it, but at least she's not one of these old ladies who listens to "Prarie Home Companion", so I can't complain too much, I guess.
*poke*
I listen to "Prairie Home Companion"... it's quite humorous... I assume you mean the one on NPR? Or is it PRI? Bah... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hmm... I don't actually watch much TV anymore, mainly just the news occasionally, and an occasional movie. Drop cows on people? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #20
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm, i acctually watch quite a bit of tv. I seem to always find something good to watch on the good old comedy central. Can't get better then stand up comedy!!!