Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 10:13 PM   #11
Gaelic
Elminster

If you are feeling up to it, perhaps you could save and activate the demon during a battle to see what happens. I have not yet tried it myself. I want the surprise in the final battle of HoW.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 06:18 AM   #12
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
If you are feeling up to it, perhaps you could save and activate the demon during a battle to see what happens. I have not yet tried it myself. I want the surprise in the final battle of HoW.
I thought the same thing, but I think I'm going to wait for the surprise too.

Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 06:21 AM   #13
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Axterix:
Nope, not true. Two ways to wear the armor. If you come back and talk to it a few times, never taking the option that turns it into a suit of armor, it'll tell you that it'll serve you if you kill an innocent.

The second way is to find out the demon's true name. Do that and you can force it to serve you. But you may need to ask a thing closer to the demon's home to get that name.
I stand corrected. Actually I think I read about getting the true name, but had completely forgotten it, so thanks for reminding me

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger
Old 05-16-2001, 04:51 PM   #14
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Father Bronze; forget Joril's axe! it gives a negative to Dex as well a a plus to Con. Much better is Lonsome Road, which can be bought in Kuldahur. it gives the con bonus with no dex negatives!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #15
Gaelic
Elminster

My party stands outside the gate of the evil wyrm's stronghold, ready to kill. However, I don't think they will be able to venture inside until next week. I can't wait to see what happens then.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-17-2001, 04:28 AM   #16
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
My party stands outside the gate of the evil wyrm's stronghold, ready to kill. However, I don't think they will be able to venture inside until next week. I can't wait to see what happens then.
The final battle isn't as tough as IWD or BG2, we found it a bit disappointing only took about four tries

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger
Old 05-17-2001, 08:06 AM   #17
Gaelic
Elminster

Actually, I am more anxious to try the whole thing again with a slightly modified party. Probably use a fighter/mage instead of a normal mage.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-17-2001, 10:13 PM   #18
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
Father Bronze; forget Joril's axe! it gives a negative to Dex as well a a plus to Con. Much better is Lonsome Road, which can be bought in Kuldahur. it gives the con bonus with no dex negatives!
Yeah. I saw that. However, Joril's axe was cheaper.

I really only use Joril's axe when I need to rest a bit. Then I drop the shield, add Joril's axe, and regenerate a while. It's slow, but it works.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote