Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2003, 01:18 PM   #11
philip
Galvatron

I'm glad I have WinME. It's not very hard to fix. I was talking to a friend yesterday evening and he had it as well. So after he told what he had I said he might want to use a firewall to block it and it took away the reboot after a minute thing. And tomorrow I found the first few messages on sites about it.

I'm very curious to see what happens on the 16th when the DDoS attack will be.
Of course the worm is very annoying but after I told my friend he should turn on a firewall he didn't give it any attention till I gave him a link about it. So MS might get a real big problem with this
Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by mysticelt:
Nacht, Cristian is right - he just got the name wrong. It is the Blaster virus. Go to the either Symatec or McAffee for free patches. Seems everyone running MS Windows is target except for ME - go figure
According to Symantec and Microsoft only Windows 2000 and XP users should be worried. I just posted the link in another thread but what the heck, Microsoft bulletin, Symantec removal tool and info.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #13
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Ahhh...the joys of macintosh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I don't think I'll hook my PC up anytime soon...just a good reason not download unecessary things for Sim City 4 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 02:50 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ahhh...the joys of macintosh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'd pull out my eyes before you got me near a macintosh again. I hate those things so much I'd buy one just to take out my anger..
Old 08-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #15
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
i dont have the web adress but this is huge and a really dangerous virus but it is on Microsofts homepage somewhere i swear and also i heard it from Counterstrike Players it has happened many of us cs players and it can happen 2 others so try to find it
ACK!! Sorry Cristian...I didn't mean to imply that you were lying. I am just leary of 'virus warnings' in general, until I find out from one of the major anti-virus sites that they are real. I've seen too many people get spanked by one of these 'warnings'(anyone remember the 'teddy bear virus' email? the one that urged you to delege the jdbmgr.exe file(that was actually a Java Database Manager file, and was installed as part of Windows!!)). So I tend to be skeptical until the info is confirmed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway...sorry if I came across like I didn't believe you, I was just being cautious. As 'Blaster' has now been confirmed/reconfirmed/and re-reconfirmed, I'm taking it very seriously too. [img]smile.gif[/img] Fortunately, I keep my Windows updated very regularly, and have the update that renders this little bug impotent. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 08-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #16
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

its no problem [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
new Virus called Buster is out and this one is really dangerous folks i got the patch to protect myself with it from my friend but everyone visit microsoft official site i think ya can download it there
How Sweet

You'd better look out
You'd better take care
You'd better watch out if you've got long blond hair

Block Buster!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #18
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I'm glad I have WinME.
That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that, and probably the last. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #19
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by mysticelt:
Nacht, Cristian is right - he just got the name wrong. It is the Blaster virus. Go to the either Symatec or McAffee for free patches. Seems everyone running MS Windows is target except for ME - go figure
They probably figured that ME users have been punished enough....
Old 08-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #20
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I caught MSBlaster, Norton couldnt fix it so I had to decode it myself from the system. I heard they have a patch for it now tho. It's available at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS03-026.asp

once again:

So everybody knows: The patch for this virus is found at This Link