Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #11
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
I hear Arnold Schwarzenegger is potentially planing a congressional run in CA some time in the near future. I was wondering what people thought about that. Personally I think its lunacy, but then again look at fellow predator star Jesse Ventura. . .
Erm...I hate to disabuse anyone of their little notions. But...Jesse Ventura *wasn't* elected because he's an actor, or because he's a wrestler. He was a Navy Seal, had a very distinguished career, and had a good political platform. Yes, he *did* get name recognition because his acting/wrestling, but he *didn't* get elected because of it.

As far as Schwarzenegger...I would LOVE to see him run, and WIN in CA. It would crack me up to no end. All of the liberal twits out there would vote for him because he's 'one of them', and all of the republicans(granted, there's not that many of them, but still) would vote for him because he really *IS* one of them. Arnie was a personal friend of Reagan and GH Bush, was on a couple of Presidential special committees under Bush, and is a big-time conservative. I hope he does run, and I hope he wins! Heck, I wish he *could* run for President. I'd vote for him then too. Amendment anyone?

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #12
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

"YOUR VOTES, GIVE THEM TO ME".
Old 11-05-2002, 09:52 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

If he loses and decides to try again next time: "I'll be back."
Old 11-05-2002, 10:02 AM   #14
MagiK

As much as it is fun to pick on actors and their ignorance, a few of them are actually very bright and well educated. Arnold is one of the more intelligent of that group, far better than say...Babs Streisand.
I believe that Arnold would do well as a congressman, not to mention he might actually represent the people who elect him without being a weenie [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2002, 10:03 AM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I saw him on TV w/ Rob Lowe, good friend, and possibly preparing for a real-life run at his West Wing job. He said, regarding the children's initiative he was pushing (he has done LOTS of childrens' projects over the years) that if they addressed the problems causing "problem children" they would say "Hasta la Vista" to the problems.

I like him better than Reagan politically, and about anything cinematic he's done is better than Bedtime for Bonzo.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:07 AM   #16
MagiK

A comment about Ventura, He has actually done a decent job, or would have if the Democrats and Republicans had not colluded to stonewall nearly all of his programs. It is public knowledge that The Republicans and Democrats disliked Jesse becasue he didn't "play ball" like the rest of the politicians. He could actually answer a simple yes or no question whithout falling into a long winded rhetoric filled speach. AND he tended to be honest and direct, something nearly every politician fears. My parents live in Minnessotta, they liked him even though they werent there when he was elected. As for intelligence, once again I point out that he was a Navy SEAL. You don't get to be a SEAL by being strong but dumb.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:09 AM   #17
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
anything cinematic he's done is better than Bedtime for Bonzo.
Well I gotta agree with you there, though some of his early work, may not actually have been better than BfB.

Old 11-05-2002, 11:19 AM   #18
norompanlasolas

i dont know why, but the notion of terminator being elected cracks me up to no end. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 12:38 PM   #19
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Arnie was a personal friend of Reagan and GH Bush, was on a couple of Presidential special committees under Bush, and is a big-time conservative.
I've read that many of his stands on social issues are a bit more moderate to liberal then Reagan/Bush's, notably on gun control and abortion. He is definitly more in the moderate camp then conservative. Would I vote for him? Unknown, it all depends on who he is running against.