Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 06:13 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

SAZZIE *SMOOCH*! wonderful post.. and I swear gmta! I'd had that title in mind for my next post! You did a great job. I've been here 10 mos now and I do love IW.. I was there before GD was born and saw it come into being.. saw it grow and take on a life of it's own. I think this place is a fabulous place to be. Wish I could have that welcome wav file hosted someplace! Says how I felt a long time back and how I hope everyone feels along the way.

Hey IW.. thanks for being my home on the net.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-24-2001, 06:30 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
A message to all, don't let the events in the War forum dissuade you of IW. It's a great and fun place.
Absolutely, Ryanamur and I disagree constantly on issues, but we are never obnoxious, and I'm willing to admit, he's helped me lower my defenses on certain issues! Nothing major though...

I'm still one mean SOB Just kidding folks, don't get tense

I love all the Bioware related forums(I haven't gotten any of the other games yet...), General Discussion, and ASB. Regarding a previous Ziroc post, I look forward to him adding more non-game forums.

Not every forum is for every person, but I encourage people to enjoy the forums they like best.

To paraphrase Will Rogers:

" I never met an Ironworks-er, I didn't like."

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 06:57 PM   #13
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Recently, as everyone knows, there has been a lot of concern and trepidation about IW, with stress levels being so high with the current world situation. People are worried how IW is proceeding, where the current trend is going, and what has happened to IW in the past two months.

As of this posting, we now have 4,079 members and over a quarter of a million unarchived posts (255,246 to be exact). The bulk of those posts are in the gaming forums, where hundreds, possibly thousands of members go each day to get help with their games, assist others, and form a sense of community.

The gaming forums are led in activity by the Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn forum, with over 85,000 posts. Coming in second place is Wizards & Warriors, still a very active forum after 1 year, with over 27,000 posts and closing in on the 30,000 mark. Once Neverwinter Nights and Wizardy 8 are released, they will undoubtedly result in a huge influx of new members and more posts; more ideas to be shared, more new topics to discuss, more clans, more stories.

In the center of all this is Gen Con, or General Discussions, which has become the flagship forum of Ironworks, now over 100,000 posts alone and nearing 110,000. It is the center of the Ironworks community; the common meeting ground for all sorts of gamers and even some non-gamers as well.

I look around Gen Con, and although I may see a problem post or two from time to time, what I mainly see are posts with people hailing each other in a friendly fashion, posts filled with creative writing such as Larry, et al's "One-Eyed Wolf" saga, the hilarious threads by Avatar and company of the ALSB vs. the now-defunct KFA group, people sharing advice and concern for others...in short, as Reeka put it so well the other day, a "community."

Like any community, we have our problems. I'm not being an ostrich about this. Some have been rather severe lately, and there have been some rather sad losses. We do what we can to deal with these problems. But we must never lose sight of the fact that the bulk of IW is all very positive. Ironworks is THRIVING...you can almost feel the dynamo occurring here. Visit any of the burgeoning gaming forums and see. Check out Larry's thread, or the clan threads. Visit Lord Shield's Bar (formerly the BG2 Bar), or Cloudy's Cafe. See, feel, and EXPERIENCE the camaraderie that is Ironworks.

The fact is, compared to other similar forum sites, IW is standing strong, rather than dissolving in flamewars. It will continue to stand strong as long as we love and care enough about it to continue to support it.

I for one stand up for Ironworks. It's still my favorite place on the Internet.

Cheers, and peace,
Thanks Saz, I really needed to hear that.. It's been a hard few days It's so good such support. it helps a lot!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-24-2001, 06:59 PM   #14
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Ziroc, I'm glad this has brought your spirit back up (it's brough mine up too ). Hope you feel well rested and ready to tackle another 30 hrs.

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 10-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 07:14 PM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

Hi everyone!

I feel I've been up one side of the mountain and come down the other. I was supposed to stay away, but I just can't!

Ziroc: I'm very sorry for not accepting your apology in the first place. I humbly stand before you and hope to be absolved of my transgressions. Sometimes we become so blind we do not see the good that is here.

Saz: Thank you! You are a stabilizing force at IW and I greatly appreciate you!

Looks like things are getting better now and all is safe. I will try to help keep it that way by following the rules.

Back to stay (I hope)!

Mark
Old 10-24-2001, 07:17 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Back to stay
Glad to see you back!

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-24-2001, 07:46 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Great post Sazarac! I agree wholeheartedly. Ironworks means much to me, for many reasons, and I could go on and on about why. These troubled times lately on our board has been extremely discouraging to me. Normally, I get a "feeling" when I enter the Ironworks, a nice warm, happy, friendly feeling that nothing compares to, nowhere in my life have I ever experienced talking to SO many people from ALL over the world. So much to learn, so many friends to gain, so many ways I am able to feel not just a part of America any longer, but a part of the WORLD. I know that sounds sappy LOL, but tis the only way atm that I can explain it. As I have mentioned before on another thread, I too am looking forward to NWNs, not just because I can't wait to play the game, but also because I feel there is a chance that things may be restored to a friendly atmosphere, as many of us will be posting questions, and answering them, regardless who is the questioner. That is how I started out here on Ironworks last November. Registered on my birthday, and posted a question, and was rewarded with many helpful answers that really made my day, as I had been banging my head against the wall with ol' Firkraag LOL. When people help eachother out, petty differences are thrown aside. When all confronted with the same "enemy" so to speak together ("enemy" meaning gaming troubles LOL), common ground is established, we tend to come together as a whole, as a "family." This is what I really hope to see soon with NWNs.

And please, everyone, let's not forget that Ziroc created this forum for us. We have all benefitted from it in one way or another thanks to him. He works hard. We have had many crashes, and upgrades, and then ReadyJoking problems, Ziroc has been taking a lot of his personal time to deal with it all. And we pay NOTHING. Ironworks is FREE. I consider it a privilege that should not be abused. I think we should all appreciate what Ziroc has done for us, and what he will continue to do for us, as he never stops that crazy webmaster! He continues to look for ways to add and improve our forum for us. And on top of it all, he is a newlywed, so busy , and has chronic back pain he has to deal with, and now his mom is sick, so I think we should ALL be very grateful that Ironworks still even exists at all, as many other webmasters would not have the heart or endurance to keep an internet forum going when having so many troubles in other areas. But Ziroc cares, no matter what, he continues to keep Ironworks alive. This is HIS forum, and we are all just humble guests. Long Live Ironworks!

Steps down off podium..

------------------
Old 10-24-2001, 07:49 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hear Hear. Long live the Z man. Long live Ironworks.

------------------
Old 10-24-2001, 08:01 PM   #19
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Hi everyone!

I feel I've been up one side of the mountain and come down the other. I was supposed to stay away, but I just can't!

Ziroc: I'm very sorry for not accepting your apology in the first place. I humbly stand before you and hope to be absolved of my transgressions. Sometimes we become so blind we do not see the good that is here.

Saz: Thank you! You are a stabilizing force at IW and I greatly appreciate you!

Looks like things are getting better now and all is safe. I will try to help keep it that way by following the rules.

Back to stay (I hope)!

Mark
I Mark, welcome back and congradulation on your 1011 post. Probably the hardest post you ever had to make

I also hope you're here to stay.

Phil

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-24-2001, 08:11 PM   #20
Conan

Saz, its time for me to play some music...Texas style . I just got this CD the other day and thought of IWs Texas residents. I have been there and love it myself! Please explain this marfa light thing?
Well anyway here is a photo from the CD interior page. My favorite of of this CD is "You got me under pressure".

Now IW is what is good in our lives. Feel the balance of it before you post is a good rule of thumb.. Really thow, if you havent played any kind of game on the board please do. Interactions with clan members and people in general really great! You all have my respect and concern. Growing together can be hard sometimes. I am heading out of town for awhile tomorrow. My wife and I are heading for Atlantic City, NJ. I have the super eight ready to show you all some pics. See you all on Sunday!

------------------
*\Conan/* PKF and LH