Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 07:40 AM   #11
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Is this tennis, rugby, 'football'? LOL, I've no clue!
LOL Poor Cloudy. [/QUOTE]Makes you think of poetry it does [img]smile.gif[/img]

She Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

She wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er posts and threads,
When all at once she saw a crowd,
A footy team, the Palace Reds,
"I have no clue, oh help me please",
"Just who and what are these 'right Charlies' "

Apologies to Bill the wordsmith guy
[/QUOTE]I'm all for artistic licence mate, but palace reds ?

[ 02-17-2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 02-17-2003, 07:44 AM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Cor blimey has'nt ironworks gone all poetical just recantly ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

where is LOA he is just the man we need to bring us back down to sewer level [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
I have no idea what your f'ing talking about [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 08:02 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Aww gawd - I just realised - been a while since I seen Palace in the top flight - I thought they was red and blue vertical stripes? I remember clicking on Charlie's link last week and seeing a lot of blue and RED!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:18 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Don't worry Davros, nobody really cares about palace anyway.. they are just a poor mans leyton orient

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Next round:

FA Cup quarter-final fixtures:
Watford v Fulham or Burnley
Southampton v Wolves
Arsenal v Chelsea
Sheffield United v Leeds

It's opening up for us!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-17-2003, 08:49 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Farnborough, Mancs U, and now Chelsea - bit unfair on the rest of the competition really, what with Arsenal getting such an armchair ride through the early rounds
Old 02-17-2003, 12:03 PM   #17
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Aww gawd - I just realised - been a while since I seen Palace in the top flight - I thought they was red and blue vertical stripes? I remember clicking on Charlie's link last week and seeing a lot of blue and RED!!!
I always picture Palace in the claret and yellow stripes aof the 70's ala Bobby Tambling. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 01:55 PM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Oh well.

The ref' got his fifty quid or whatever.
We been robbed of millions of pounds. Imagine if we won the FA cup? We've been close before. Ferguson hadn't won F**k all before sacrificing his goalkeeper Leighton (who picked himself back up later and moved on...good luck to the man) to win the FA cup replay.

Yeah laugh if you want to Lanesra/Donut (not saying you are) but what the f**k is football all about?

A t'uppeny ha'ppeny part time pastry maker from Bodmin Moor (poetic license) just cost a football club millions, YES MILLIONS of pounds. Maybe kept us down for another few years. Let's look at the knock on effect.....How will our low ebbed players now feel when they take to the pitch for their next league game?

Football on a professional and fair level in England is no longer worth a wank.
You may as well save everyone the arseache of getting up and prepared on a saturday morning. Save some clubs thousands of pounds as well.

Get the ref to toss a coin while he's in bed on a Saturday and ring the result in to the FA. Save us all a shedload of money and heartache.

Best thing about this kind of result....If the ref don't like it......he don't see it.......... Nothing new there then.

Save some smaller clubs from going out of business.
Also, the FA cup now, unless a fan of the opposing finalists....it's a sham, a complete shameless sham. How can anyone that has one ounce of passion for football accept that kind of shit?

If Leeds Utd win the FA Cup this year......and if Palace go broke.....

Mind you, the ref's got his fifty quid, the TV people have got their money, we've got a winner??.....WHOOPEE DOO....Everyone's happy....AHEM....

[ 02-17-2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-17-2003, 02:12 PM   #19
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Can you actually believe I wasted 20 seconds reading this thread... [img]smile.gif[/img]
No I can't. Nor can I believe you wasted 60 seconds typing a response...you muppet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-17-2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />