Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2002, 05:44 PM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Similar Topic,

I need something that I can place into my PS2, that will allow me "free-range" on DVDS, I.E - zone free...

Cos I want to play American DVDS on my EURO PS2....

Is there such a thing...I've heard that there is!!!
If there IS, you're looking at buying a chip, and solder it on the PS2 motherboard--something that, unless you know what you are doing, can short out yout board.

A good soldering 'how-to' site is:
http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm
[/QUOTE]I wouldn't even attempt that, but I heard Action Replay CD's do the trick!!!

Anyone know?
[/QUOTE]Lav, please remove the ad banner from your sig, you know that isn't allowed. A simple text link is fine.

Old 05-20-2002, 05:45 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

I heard it from a friend that you can send away your PSX and have a "profesional" do it for you. Since its illegal and risky ill not elaborate further.

It might be easier to copy the DVD and change the region code, but how to do that im not sure. DVD-Rs are to expensive anyway.

PC DVD-ROMS can usualy be bios flashed to remove the protection, although the newer models prevent it.
Old 05-20-2002, 05:47 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

It isn't a link or anythin, just a signiture....does the same as text link,,,but I like the picture...

Do I have to get rid?

And btw, I didn't actually no it wasn't allowed.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:00 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I have a GF4 4600 and I know it has built in decoding. DVD plays great on my pc. I'm sure your GF4 has a much better decoder than your older card.

Why does your P4 run so hot? The Northwood P4 is much much cooler than the willamette cores and way cooler than the Athlon XP cores. My OC'd Athlon XP 2100 is running @ about 40-46C. I can't imaging you'd be more than that.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-21-2002, 05:12 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Only got one advice Ziroc..
Get a real DVD player to your TV instead, conect steroe, blast on!

I tried the DVD setting on my old puter, it worked, but alot of DVD´s couldn´t be played due to the bad DVD player.. So I got pretty close to make the puter one crummy looking freesbee, but then got a real DVD player instead, connect to TV and you have TV and stereo in one..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 05-21-2002, 07:10 AM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My X-box can code DVDs better than my Laptop's reel magic thingy, belive-you-me, and it's only got a GeForce 3 and a half....
Old 05-21-2002, 12:24 PM   #17
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i took my realmagic out when i got my geforce 2. from a technical standpoint, the dvd decoder card is a "legacy" device. there is no need for it at this point.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:54 PM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
My X-box can code DVDs better than my Laptop's reel magic thingy, belive-you-me, and it's only got a GeForce 3 and a half....
Actually The X-box has a Geforce 3minus, it's specs don't equal the full GeForce3 [img]smile.gif[/img] They are nice boxes but they ain't all that.

Old 05-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
i took my realmagic out when i got my geforce 2. from a technical standpoint, the dvd decoder card is a "legacy" device. there is no need for it at this point.
hehehe yeah I think I said that about 10 posts toward the top