Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 12:06 PM   #11
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
[QB]Regarding the evil or good - it's something personal. I am not a total "do-gooder" type, but I definately am no evil. Although, when I do evil, no one will see me do it, though they will feel the consequences But other then that, I play mostly good or neutral chars at least.

I don't know if evils do get more cash, though. The ways what uss decribed can get you more cash indeed, but the question always is - will it somehow backfire in future? I mean you took the cash of the dude who wanted to buy a new shirt, what if after some time he gets some 20 rag-tag's like he is and tries to gank you? Although, that could be fun, to beat them all up and to show, who's the boss heheh..
QB]
ha! it seems way too easy to be evil in NWN. i dont even have a bad reputation and ive been doing all the evil options ive been able to.

the ONLY time ive been retaliated against is for killing the dude in chapter one who says he wants all dwarves to die of the plague. naturally, being a dwarf, i took offense and killed the bastard. 2 guards attacked me, but they died in one swing of my axe...well, 2, if you count the cleave hit that killed the second one [img]smile.gif[/img]

other people in the area suddenly remembered that they had pressing business elsewhere in the city...no one can stop me! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

seriously, though, i wish it would be a little harder to be evil.
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:19 PM   #12
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

As far as cash goes, I noticed that if I (my goody-goody character) told one of the quest characters to keep his money, he thanked me and I got a cloak worth about ten times that amount and some extra XP's. Maybe it would have happened anyway, I don't know. If not, just another reason not to be a freakin' maniac.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:40 PM   #13
MagiK

Good info Zateel. You dont have to be a lunatic evil person to make out in NWN [img]smile.gif[/img] Us neutral and goodies can make a buck as well!

[ 07-02-2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 07-02-2002, 02:51 PM   #14
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

To uss (OT): Jah, ma olin kaua ära, elu kiireks läinud viimasel ajal. Kust sa oma NWN'i said? See ei ole müügil siin ning minu ettetellimus on ikka veel teel. Või oli see kuskil "erilisel" saidil väljas?
sorri, aga mul pole päris asi ise. tead sellist kohta nagu toru? sealt saab alla tõmmata igasuguseid asju. ma ostan originaali kui mul on käšš olemas. see on julmalt kallis! kas seda saab kusagil mujal osta kui Zebras(seal see maksab 1050 krooni!)?
ja kus sa üldse elad? Ma elan Viimsis ehk Tallinna lähedal.
Kas sa võtsid oma nime Planescape: Tormenti Vhailori järgi?
muideks, mu username(uss) on just see mida see tähendab. nagu vihmauss

I sometimes play as good too. it all depends on my mood. sometimes i wanna be the big hero guy but there are also times when im the evil guy. too bad ill wind up good anyway..
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #15
Nerull
Lord Ao

What I like is being able to steal with absolutely no ill effect (not from people, but from chests, desks, etc.). They just kind of watch you walk into their house and steal everything they own. Very unlike BG2, where you had to be careful. But it is kind of funny that they added extortion and fraud to your interactions.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 09:33 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Bah! you don't have to be evil to have much money, I'm a goody fighter and 3/4 of chapter 2 I already got nearly 300k worth of money. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 01:24 AM   #17
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

my first time around i playd a neutral good rogue whom stole all he could get away with but didnt threaten anyone; and of course persuaded everyone to reward him more for his deeds
ended up having around 700k in cash and items at the end

my second time around (and not done with it yet) im playin a chaotic ebil fighter orc that does everything evil possible (extortion, random murder etc etc.) and so far hes only gotten around 300k by chapter 3; i think the reason for this is that for some reason the chests that i smash open havent got as top notch quality a good as when my rogue picked the lock; now either im thinking its because of some statistic im not aware of that affects the possible treasures, or its because of alignment; i very much doubt it could be "luck" since i reloaded a chest, that i always got excelent loot on with my rogue, about 50 times just to see if i would EVER get anything good with my orc; he ended up not geting anything good btw.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 09:35 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

EDIT: Forgot to add - I used to be under the other nickname, that's why I said "years". I remember when Memnoch had his post count in early 2-digit numbers, when Melusine just came, and many others. But my old account data is lost a long time ago, and so I was reborn as 'Whailor' [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just curious...who were you before, Whailor? You must date back to the pre-BB2 blue board - I'm getting very inquisitive here!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 11:45 AM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:

EDIT: Forgot to add - I used to be under the other nickname, that's why I said "years". I remember when Memnoch had his post count in early 2-digit numbers, when Melusine just came, and many others. But my old account data is lost a long time ago, and so I was reborn as 'Whailor' [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just curious...who were you before, Whailor? You must date back to the pre-BB2 blue board - I'm getting very inquisitive here! [/QUOTE]Hes really Big Bagger! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 06:42 PM   #20
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:

Just curious...who were you before, Whailor? You must date back to the pre-BB2 blue board - I'm getting very inquisitive here! [/QUOTE]Hes really Big Bagger! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Thats very possible. i mean, he IS Estonian like me
uss is offline   Reply With Quote