Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 10:36 AM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That's generally what I do as well, Cathy...leave the portal on the Brimloch Roon side and slide down the mountain face from the cliff. If you do it VERY carefully (inch at a time), you can get by without any damage, as there's enough of a grade that it will keep your characters from falling.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:55 AM   #12
carg
The Magister

What a confusing thread, with Alira, Elara, Sazera...
But about the teleport:
You can have one portal per area, and if you cast a new one you void the previous one. One area means one complete dungeon, and the overland map. (As stated before I think you can only have one portal on the outside. Will someone contradict this?) So when you're in a dungeon and cast teleport, you'll go to the most recently created portal in that dungeon. (Without a portal the teleport fizzles.)
Note that in some places the teleport and/or the create portal spells fizzle, like in the Boogre Caves, Cet's Pyramid, and you can't teleport from outside Brimloch Roon to a lot of places around the Lost Sea. But it's very useful in e.g. the Stout Mines, where you can create a portal where the trolleys start.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:47 AM   #13
Elara
The Magister

thanks for the clarification, carg.

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:57 AM   #14
Max
Dungeon Master

On my last play through I did notice that you can have two portals set above ground. I had a portal in the lost sea that I used from the west side of Brimloch Roon, I also had a portal on the east gate of Brimloch Roon that I used from Ishad N'ha. Both these protals worked on there respective sides of Brimloch Roon.

So I presume that you can have three above ground portals one being in each section of the game. You may even be able to get 4 if you set one up in the graveyard at the beginning but I have a feeling that will all be one level as the two sides of Valeia are joined.

------------------
......shake it baby.

[This message has been edited by Max (edited 03-07-2001).]
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:23 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Nope, all you can do is three overland portals, one for each area (Valeia, the Shire/Dragonspire, and the Enchanted Sea/Lost Sea). Each dungeon can also have one portal each.

If you don't want to go bumping down over Dragonspire on your character's respective kabooberators each time, you can set a portal just inside Dragonspire on the lower level (say, near where Hephaestus' letterbox is.) Then, set the overland portal just east of Brimloch Roon. Enter Dragonspire where Erathsmedor is, teleport down to the letterbox, and exit out the lower level.

-Sazerac

P.S. Carg: Confusing???
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 04:13 PM   #16
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried the portal in 2 different overland area(brimlock and the dragonspire area) and it worked I wish I had known about also being able to set portals within each dungeon. That would have been so useful espescially in the Stout mines. Whenver I set a portal, I always test it to make sure I can return there.

Dropping of the ramp is no big deal as it is only a few points of damage. I will try Elara's suggestion of how to climb.

This has turned into a very enlightening thread. Thanks to all of you for so much valuable info.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:21 PM   #17
Elara
The Magister

Alira, I think the 'easy' setting is the definitive factor for climbing. Good luck!

Sazerac, LOL!! I am laughing my kabooberator clean off and I didn't even know I had one!
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote