Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 03:00 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Marjan, Boogreism gives you 100 extra HP. I don't know if that affects future level increases, though.

"The gauntlet" refers to "running the gauntlet"...that is, running the Boogre's obstacle course. There's an intersting Idol at the end (Idol of Bongu) that gives some rather nice effects. Don't forget your Boogre brew! 1 per customer.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 10:57 PM   #12
Moni

Saz,
I took my characters back to town (boogred lol) to sell off stuff and train up after level gains...had to leave the horse at the edge of the lake, we simply were not allowed to ride it as boogres!

Moni
Old 05-15-2001, 11:28 PM   #13
Tananda
Elminster

When I saw all my party turned into Boogres, I was just sitting there with my hands on my head and being very upset. Of course, the Boogres are strong and have their own advantages, but they are UGLY! Don't you think so? Awful picture - the former pretty elf is Big Bad Boogre...
My party says that this Cave is the most unpleasant place in whole world...

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:45 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I guess it depends on how you look at it, Tanda. I thought it was a hoot, myself! Yeah, I was a bit upset at first, but I figured, "okay, there's gotta be a way out of this!" Then when you start talking with those boogres and LISTENING to what they're emitting...well, I nearly fell off the chair laughing several times.

My main problem is that I'm very magic-heavy, and the faulty magic use really told against me. So my main goal was to get them back to normal ASAP so I could use spells again with impunity.

It did make me rethink some strategies, though...especially with those lilies!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 04:18 PM   #15
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Boogre cave was a real HOOT! So imaginative, so funny, so cool and yes SO UGLY!!! They are ugly - no doubt about it! And to see my Wizard in the purple robe and pointed hat as a Boogre was just too much. LOL

Mammawlin *unboogred and smiling*
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote