Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Considering that breakfast is about the most important meal of the day, I always try to have some, even though I'm not usually hungry in the morning. But it's better to breakfast well and skip lunch than the other way around.
Like Cloudy said, when they skip breakfast people usually start getting hungry before lunch and snack on lots of little unhealthy things.
I usually have either yoghurt and cereal or bread, sometimes with an egg or a piece of fruit. Oh and lots of tea, I need tea to wake up.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:32 AM   #12
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I eat breakfast every day. Probably because cereal is my favorite thing in the world. Frosted Flakes, Grape Nuts, Granola, Total, oatmeal, anything with raisins, Captain Crunch...I could go on forever.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a breakfast for a "speed demon" like myself in the morning who doesn't have but about 2-3 minutes to spare? (I'm serious, btw...I could use some suggestions!) Attalus' idea with the breakfast burritos sounds good, if they could be "nuked" in 30 seconds to a minute. Anything else?

One other thing. Does anyone here have a "country breakfast" anymore? The kind where they'd fill you up with so much stuff (sausages, pancakes, waffles, ham, bacon, eggs, biscuits) because you were going off to work in the field for 12 hours? I never could stomach something like that...seeing people eat that much nauseates and disgusts me. No offense meant. But in the urbanized society, I can't imagine that one would *need* to eat that much.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-09-2002, 10:48 AM   #14
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

brekfast? I rarely break my fast, UNLESS my mums done me brekfast you see I like to sleep in as late as possible, and taking time to eat would take longer... usually IF my mum wakes me, I have a coffee, sometimes an egg n toast, not too often, otherwise I'll skip eating altogether. Sometimes, more often as not, I'll miss lunch as well, usually when Im at college, I'll have a coke, maybe a packet of polos or something, perhaps a packet of crips? lol, sometimes I'll find Ive eaten THREE packets of polos... :| disturbing that. heh, I really SHOULD eat more...
Old 10-09-2002, 10:48 AM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

I usually just hit the school cafeteria when I get there, a can of orange juice and a bagle.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I used to not have breakfast till about four years ago, when I went on a bit of a fitness craze. It's the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately it becomes the first big decision point of the day - do you get up and have breakfast, or do you sleep in for another fifteen minutes.

I find I've got a lot more get-up-and-go when I have breakfast. A hot breakfast is the best - an omelette (if you have an omelette maker) or scrambled with some toast. Even if you're in a rush, have a couple of muesli bars or something, Saz - you can munch them down quickly, or some fruit or yoghurt would be good too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-09-2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 10-09-2002, 10:54 AM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I used to not have breakfast till about four years ago, when I went on a bit of a fitness craze. It's the most important meal of the day, but unfortunately it becomes the first big decision point of the day - do you get up and have breakfast, or do you sleep in for another fifteen minutes.

I find I've got a lot more get-up-and-go when I have breakfast. Even if you're in a rush, have a couple of muesli bars or something, Saz - you can munch them down quickly, or some fruit or yoghurt would be good too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Urrgh...Mueslix? [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] No fanks. The fruit may be a good option, though, I can munch a banana or an apple en route to work. Apple's better, actually, because I don't have to peel it.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-09-2002, 12:03 PM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

Breakfast? Lunch? Is there any difference No mre than 2-3mins. Hmm, how about getting up 15mins earlier Saz? *runs for cover*
Old 10-09-2002, 12:07 PM   #19
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Few months back I was on 'fitness mealz', which is basically some vegetables which have been pressed down to make it look like a bigger portion. I had these for breakfast, lunch and dinner, since I was enduring some heavy training at the time. problem was, I didn't know that you were meant to have some other kind of meal WITH them. I was basically dead on my feet by 1:00. This did NOT help my running
I make sure I have breakfast now, especially on days I run. I really need that extra bit of energy.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:09 PM   #20
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Saz, the only time I get to indulge in a "country breakfast" is when I'm on vacation. I always feel miserable afterwards, but I look forward to it nonetheless...lol.