Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2003, 04:01 AM   #11
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
[img]graemlins/bouncered2.gif[/img] S U C C E S S ! ! ! [img]graemlins/bouncered2.gif[/img]

Well, mostly successful anyway. I did find and access Ahead Nero and created my very first CD from downloaded MP3 files. But I had one small problem. I had
"drug" 26 files into Nero to be copied onto the CD. According to the blue bar at the bottom, there should have been plenty of room for all 26....yet only 25 were copied.

I put the CD back in and tried to Delete the files, but it won't let me do that. I was going to simply erase all files off of the CD, making it "blank" once more, then try the whole process over. However, it will NOT allow me to Delete ANY of the files.

Is it possible to erase these files? Could I try to just insert the one file that got left off? If so, could I "move it" to the desired location on the playlist?

Again, any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Thats because you normally have an 80 minute limit per cd. you might not have been anywhere near the Megebyte limit (usually 700) but the time limi is what really matters when creating an audio cd.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:38 AM   #12
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

From what I understand, if the disc isn't rewritable, then you cannot erase anything. This is because the laser "burns" the grooves into the cd and you cannot make the cd flat again. However, a rewritable disc can be erased and used again, though I don't know the technicalaties of how that works, sorry!

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2003, 07:21 AM   #13
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Thats because you normally have an 80 minute limit per cd. you might not have been anywhere near the Megebyte limit (usually 700) but the time limi is what really matters when creating an audio cd.[/QB]
According to the bar across the bottom, the 26 files would have equalled 78 minutes of actual play time.

However, it looks as if my mistake is permanent. Apparantly the CD's I bought are just Recordable, NOT Re-Writable. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 11:27 PM   #14
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Cerek, you can get writable CDs that have a 90 or 99 minute time length, theyre just a little more expensive than the 80 minute ones. You might have to look around for them as Ive only seen a couple places that actually have them in stock. TDK is one of the better manufacturers, and Pioneer is highly regarded as well.