Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 10:30 PM   #11
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

sure why not? I'll give it a try...

Adam: *whistles* here dragon, dragon, dragon.... come 'ere boy! *whistles again*
TAOQ: *whispers to Erin* tell me again, whose idea was this?
Erin: don't look at me!
Adam: *shouts* we want to talk to you!
Morik: I'll wait back in the inn....
Erin: oh no you don't Morik! you'll fight with the rest of us!
TAOQ: *sighs* at least I'll be taking pictures instead of fighting...

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 10:32 PM   #12
Lexus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Why must you knight-errants out to make a name for yourselves always pick on us dragons?" asked once a dragon, Draco was his name.

Don't kill Erathsmedor and save! He is said to be the last of his kind...and I love dragons !

------------------
May dragons always be in thy dreams...
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 10:37 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you, Lexus, for reminding us of the important things in life (like Dragons)! :

Since I am way past the Amazoni point in my current game now, I would have to "bow out" of this competition. Being that three of my characters are experienced in Kung Fu, it would be a moot point, anyway. I will say that the four of them encountered three Jungle Lilies RIGHT at the entrance to the Isle of Sands, (where the pathway meets the Lost Sea) and just ran over them without a "by-your-leave" like a Ronco salad shooter. After a while in the game, it does get a bit easy. Well, they did have to walk around to get over their nausea afterward, but that was easy enough, too. Oh well!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 11:15 PM   #14
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hail,

Well, it is true that hunting down Mantraps would be too easy, but its turned into a great story!

Here is a preview from Chapter 5 of the Tales of Scronan:

The Tales of Scronan will continue soon with the heroic story of Vesper out to fight Mantraps bare handed. And for the record, he has nothing with him, save a bag of gold to give to those in need. Although well versed in all schools of magic, it is only used outside of battle or to help the injured and sick.

Last night he journered far for the Mantraps, but alas could not find any. His fellow party members became quite enraged at him, most notably his wife, Xiquan.

At eye witness in Brimloch Roon reported the following:

"After the demise of Cet, the party of 6 adventurers, 5 of which were Zenmasters were found passed out in the inn after many days of druken debauchery. Upon hearing of the decree to fight Mantraps single handed, many of the patrons of the inn thought it a joke."

Daron, a local Ooomphaz Barbarian read the post and laughed long and loud at the decree. Weighing in at close to 400 pounds, he saw the challenge and far too easy.

"Bah! I eat Mantraps for breakfast, with a touch of lemon and basil. I'd like to see one of those puny Pixies try this. Why, I leave things in the outhouse that weight more than one of those little winged insects!"

Upon hearing this act of racial prejudice, Vesper Jillanarick was quoted with the following:

"We'll see about that, you fat bloated excuse for a Barbarian. I'll journey alone, without armor, spell, potion or sword, and take out every monster left in the Gael Serran."

The Ooomphaz laughed, and after taking a clumsy swing at the miniscule Zenmaster, he suddenly was hit with a barrage of lightning fast kicks and punches, and felt to the floor unconscious.

"That there little green man whupped his elephatine ass, and whupped it good." said a local patron of the inn. "I'd hate to see what happens if someone had insulted his mother."

After the 3 second battle with the Barbarian, it seemed that nothing could stop the determination of the young Pixie. After numerous protests by his friends, he stripped down to his loin cloth, and left all of his wordly possessions to his friends.

His wife, Xiquan said the following:

"Ah, my foolish husband, doesnt he realize that we have already won the battle with Lord Cet? I know the prejudice that the Pixies have faced, so I couldnt say no to him on his journey. I pray that Kerah watches over him."

The young Gnome was in tears and left to the comfort of her companions, one of which spoke out on his friends behalf.

"He's a brave little man, that Vesper is." said Scronan, leader of their Group of Six. "I wanted to travel with him and kick some Mantraps into cole slaw, but alas he wished to travel alone. I wonder how he fares now?"

Only time will tell if the young Pixie will survive his encounter.

Already, eyewitness reports are piling into the Gael Serran news rooms, and rare captivating posters of the brave little green man will be posted shortly.

It is said after leaving Brimloch Roon, Vesper made his way to Ishad Na, defeating nearly 20 Ratling Sneeks, 10 Mountain Spiders and quite a few Worgurs that foolishly attacked him.

Torin, a local Samurai had met with the Pixie, who said he hurried off to go hunting for mantraps.

"Hai, that little green man must have been poisoned by the Orochi himself, I have never seen such determination in a winged one. I care not for such things, for I have finally found my fortune in life. Some strange man approached me, seeking purgatory and gave me all of his life savings, which totalled 10,000,000 Gael Serran Gold Crowns. Now, I will open a chain of martial arts dojos, and finally be able to marry Master Wu's daugher, Yuki."

The brave Samurai was busy writing up plans for his dojos and spouting words of love poetry, and was little help in providing the whereabouts of Vesper.

Another witness saw him enter the Boogre Caves, mounted on none other than the Uber Horse of legend!

Said Jathril, a wandering sage:

"What a site it was! A young Pixie, bounding through the hills on the Uber Horse, galloping at full speed. Every now and then a Ratling Sneek or a Highland Raider would rush him, only to be met with a swift kick which rendered them unconscious. A regal flag stating "Mantraps make good Cole Slaw" was hanging from the saddle, flapping away in the wind. That is something you don't see every day!"

Other reports have mentioned that Vesper entered the Boogre Caves, and singly handedly entered the fighting arena, defeated several Boogres, including the leader of one of the warring factions, without even so much of a stratch. He questioned them all on the whereabouts of the Jungle Lillies, but his search still turned up empty.

It is unknown at this time where the young Pixie is now, but stay tuned for a full report, including local interviews, pictures and a stunning display of affection by helping out a Boogre who had been trapped in the teleporter maze.

Stay tuned from Chapter 5 from the Tales of Scronan!

Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 11:16 PM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

Ok, let's put it in perspective here. Shiva is only a 12th level Paladin from a 14th level Wizard. I guess you could say that equals 26th level whatever. This is not a high level character at the end of the game. I'm not even sure if bites work with the To Hit number either. She isn't really a super character, and really this is just for fun.
No slams were seriously meant against any players, it was just the probable attitude of a character, acting like a real world sport type professional. They usually bash all other contenders! I hope I haven't caused any ill will here.

As far as "offing" the dragon, as I said earlier, I played by the rules the first time through. I'd like to try going the other way and play it the evil way and end the game accordingly. I'm not doing it for exp points, but just for a different experience. If the game would punish you for such behavior, my character would just have to deal with it. I guess it goes against my personal beliefs, but I won't let the evil acts change me!

I'm still a nice guy...really I am!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 12:33 AM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm, Mark...respectfully, I would beg to differ with you. Since levels are logarithmic (increasing amount of experience needed to level -- uchh...math!) up to a certain level when they turn linear (same level of experience needed to level up), your combination would probably be equivalent to a 16th or 17th level "whatever". It's still very impressive, all the way around.

I don't think any slams were made against any characters; at least, I never read anything like that. I think our forum members are having fun "challenging" the Mantraps in a sporting-like event.

Have fun!
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 04:09 AM   #17
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Rah Rah Ree!

Kick em in the knee!

Rah Rah Rass!

Kick em in the other knee!

Now you're talking SPORTS. Sparked an interest there, didn't ya fella! Now you really have a sport to write about. You guys play nice now. Too cool!!!

mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 06:09 PM   #18
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Mamma,

Well, I dont know about sports, but we'll see some comedy and humor find its way into the tale. There's a lot at stake here, racial equality, and mostly the honor of the Pixie Clan.

And of course, the secret of Dragon Okabu Brew.

Stay tuned! Vesper was last sighted leaving the Boogre Caves aboard the Uber Horse, but his destination is unclear.

Scronan however, is going back to the Toad Village....

Take care!

Remeber Scronan's Rally:

"Mantraps make good Cole Slaw."

Old 03-27-2001, 06:13 PM   #19
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

thats UKABU brew!

Kerah save me, I cant spell today......

Old 03-27-2001, 06:15 PM   #20
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Forgive me Wyv and Saz, but ONE MORE LITTLE POST will put be at 50!

I think that changes my title.....

Woo hoo!