Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 04:48 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Real subclasses and ecl creatures that are playable.

Let us play a real tiefling, aasimar or drow if we like.
They don't have to give us all, but at least some puuuulease.

- Deathknights. Something that really is Greyhawkian in theme but well.. they make for good enemies.

- Some more custom things for character generation. More heads, more avatars etc.

- Some more prestige classes for all classes to take, like archwizard, Hierophant, ninja of the cresent moon or some other more monk influenced prestige class, Planar warrior (or whatever its name is). How about some for rangers, and not so many race exclusive, unless of course they open up for bladesinger....

- A plane hopping adventure for Epic levels are always nice. Well, anything that actually can take one away from Faerun would be nice cause I am actually getting a bit boored with Faerun right now.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:04 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

SpiritWarrior...I finally found what you were talking about. I could not figure out why you were using numbers beside the creature titles...but I did find that I could create custom creatures under the wizard tool at the top of the screen. I had never used that before, only the category to the right of the screen.

Still...sadly, the create creature wizard only allows you limited things. I am only allowed to change her head, neck, add wings and a tail...besides clothing...but I am not allowed to change her arms, body, nor legs, even though the spots are open to make changes.

I just want all creatures as customizable as your own PC.

By the way...thanks for getting me this far!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #13
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The wizard tends to be awkward and time consuming if you are creating multiple NPC's since you have to start from scratch each time. Let me show you in this image (sorry about the format quality as I saved in JPEG so not to clog up on loading times).

Create an NPC from the monster painting tool > NPC's > Elf Male 1. Paint it down and click the appearance tab. You will see that you can't change anything there as It's a default NPC Bioware used in the OC and left there for us to use as we will but not to edit. TO make your own quick, customized elven NPC choose 'Elf' like you see in the picture above and paint it down. Now check the apperance tab and you'll see everything is cutomizable including clothing/armor. tattoo color, skin etc.
You do the same for Humans or Dwarves or any NPC race. Once it does not have a number at the end of it (Elf Male 2) you can customize it as these are the generic skins made for builders.

With me now [img]smile.gif[/img] ?

[ 12-12-2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-12-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:

-Underwater tileset(s) and creatures
If you want to check out a really great Underwater Tileset: check out the second Dreamcatcher module. My jaw really hit the floor when I saw that...
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 05:31 AM   #15
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
If you want to check out a really great Underwater Tileset: check out the second Dreamcatcher module. My jaw really hit the floor when I saw that...
All the tileset really adds are jelly/star/normal fish placeables, shell placeables and sunken ships. The rest is a matter of using the proper lighting.
What I think is lacking are moving sea creatures (you have to use green slaadi and elves with blue skin currently [img]smile.gif[/img] ), floaty/swimming animations and, just as importantly, sounds. You could claim the ocean floor should really be soundless, but that gets rather boring after a while. Plus you'd have to remember to place a lasting 'silence' effect on the PCs too, or it would look utterly ridiculous

That's not to say I don't like the module, just that the tileset doesn't contain the additions I need. Additionally, adding the tileset in the hypothetical expansion would do away with the need for underwater hakpacks.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wait...I am not getting what you say I should be by these directions...

monster painting tool > NPC's > Elf Male 1.

When I go to the monster painting, then to NPCs, I have a list of races adn other. When I scroll down to elves...and open the hidden subcategory...I get drow assassin, drow mage...etc...nothing about Elf 1. The only place I have ever seen elf 1 is in the wizard tool.

Why can I not find the area you are talking about?

[ 12-13-2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No the Elf Male 1 and such are apperances (I used a dual example in my text which served only to confuse, apologies).

Look up at the screenshot and you will see they can be found on the apperance tab. So lemme retry this.

Creature painting tool > NPC's > Um..lets go with 'Drow mage'

Paint this down and then right click on the NPC and select properties. Checking the 'Apperance' tab you will find you can't edit the drows' armor, tattos etc. since It's all greyed out. Go back to the 'Basic' tab and select the appearance toolbar like you see I have done in the picture. Now change the Drow appearance to 'Elf' and you'll be able to edit that NPC's apperance from head to skin color as It's a generic NPC. Of course, in this case you started out with a drow so you'd have to delete the drow description, special abilities etc.

Ok once you have that down and your NPC created, right click and slect 'Add to Palette'. Now your custom NPC should be part of the custom creatures category under the name you gave it. The next time you need to create lets say, 3 commoners you can simply paint down your NPC 3 times and edit 2 of them to look different and have different names. This saves you the trouble of using the wizard to create a new NPC from scratch each time you need to fill up space.

[ 12-13-2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #18
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

Z-AXIS would be nice and then we could get things like FLY,JUMP and SWIM.
I am a Trekker I like Simcity 2000, Star Trek,<br /> Star Wars, Science Fiction books, movies and TV shows.<br />My web address is [url]\"http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10</a> <br />My email address is m.nelson10 at comcast.net
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Done. I have finally got it...thanks for your patience.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:34 AM   #20
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

An expansion where you have control over a PARTY, not just one character and a henchman.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote