Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2001, 07:50 PM   #11
rodimus
The Magister

I will hope, that the Character somebody imports will be weakened, cause if not, he will be much to powerfull for any AD&D game. My Half-Orc at the end of ToB is Level 36, and he kickz ass. I liked playing BG1, because you were happy about every level 2 spell you got, level 9 is to tough, even level 7 with a cleric, but we will see, cant wait till its coming out, especially I am anxious to the multiplayer feature and playing online...
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 08:57 AM   #12
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
I'm going with the assumption that NWN's universe will handle magic differently from BG's, because of the stark difference in how the two aspects of Faerun are portrayed. We'll see, but I doubt it.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-25-2001).]
I haven't heard anything about magic being handled diffrently, or keeping special abilities. I kinda hope we lose em, we don't need 80 diffrent slayers running around. As for magic mages, and clerics will have a slightly more difficult time on MP. You can't pause if you're playing over the net!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 08:28 PM   #13
Jake
Banned User

You only lose your exp and attributes if you are vaulted, otherwise, you can have a level 36, and keep all your attributes and be a child of Bhaal.

------------------
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 11:55 AM   #14
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
You only lose your exp and attributes if you are vaulted, otherwise, you can have a level 36, and keep all your attributes and be a child of Bhaal.

----------------------------------------------------
The five? Make that the five hundred if you can keep your bhaalpowers!

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 02:07 PM   #15
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i think that if i lost all of my stats, that i wouldnt play neverwinter nights.i have had the same character since bg1, and he is nowhere NEER overpowered. here are his stats, you guys tell me, keep in mind that these are the EXACT same stats as a character that i rolled up and played on pen and paper as well. STR-15
DEX-19
CON-15
INT-18
WIS-14
CHR-14
my character is a fighter/mage, and i try to make him as close to being a BladeSinger as possible. that is what he is on pen and paper. im also working on a novel involving this character, and quite a few others that ive rolled up too. anywho, my point it, i could have all 25's, and 100% resistances to EVERYTHING, but i dont. i think that it would be a waste of time to have to lose EVERYTHING in neverwinter nights except for your name and class. couldnt i just make another fighter/mage named Morgan Corbesant instead of importing him? and wouldnt it be up to the dm in charge of the game to kick people out who are too high in stats?

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:06 PM   #16
Grey Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

NWN is 3ed, which means that those exact same stats are much more powerful than in 2ed (BG).
For instance here's my BG character's stats:
STR 18/85
DEX 15
CON 15
INT 14
WIS 14
CHR 11
It's bonuses are equivalent to this 3ed character:
STR 16
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 11
WIS 11
CHR 10
Not to mention the fact you get +1 to any ability every 4 levels, and also all those skills...
Edit: There are also many servers that will only allow vault characters so you character couldn't play on those servers.

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf (edited 09-12-2001).]
Grey Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote