Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2002, 06:11 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I must say that though I support Dems on a LOT more issues that Reps, your point that they are in bed with big labor hits the mark dead-on. I hate labor unions. *remembers he lives in Chicago and ducks - then runs for his life* [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 06:53 PM   #12
Charean
Hathor

I would like to see the Democrats have a cohesive objective, but at the rate they are going - it seems like easy street is to blame Republicans for whatever goes wrong. It is sad that they are on the low road now. Perhaps a leader will emerge to take them on the high road.

Other than that, the Scary part to me is that when the Justices step down (they are projecting 2 or 3 this term) we will get conservative justices on the Supreme Court. That is a legacy that we cannot vote out, drat it all.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:57 PM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
when the Justices step down (they are projecting 2 or 3 this term) we will get conservative justices on the Supreme Court. That is a legacy that we cannot vote out, drat it all.
[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Why, whyever would you want to do that? *Looks with pride at his signed photograph of Antonin Scalia.*
Old 11-07-2002, 10:43 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I must say that though I support Dems on a LOT more issues that Reps, your point that they are in bed with big labor hits the mark dead-on. I hate labor unions. *remembers he lives in Chicago and ducks - then runs for his life* [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

I'm sending you a flack jacket UPS TL, I don't want to loose you to a hit

Old 11-07-2002, 10:45 PM   #15
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I would like to see the Democrats have a cohesive objective, but at the rate they are going - it seems like easy street is to blame Republicans for whatever goes wrong. It is sad that they are on the low road now. Perhaps a leader will emerge to take them on the high road.

Speculation is that the reason Al Gore was not around for the Dems is so that he can take the lead when things clear up. Maybe he will be that leader you are looking for.

Other than that, the Scary part to me is that when the Justices step down (they are projecting 2 or 3 this term) we will get conservative justices on the Supreme Court. That is a legacy that we cannot vote out, drat it all.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:59 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I'd have to second the notion of Absynthe... I vote for a humor-filled reality rather than an in-depth one [img]tongue.gif[/img]