Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2003, 08:36 AM   #11
LowTech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Another strong team. Imagine the strength of Vieri and his finishing skills and the pace of Henry up front .That would be some partnership!

About Raul Bravo doesn't he play for the Spanish National team even though he isn't a first choice at Real Madrid? A bit wierd I would have thought they'd give the position to someone who starts regularly perhaps Romero of Deportivo?

The one nitpick I'd have with this team is that Van Der Vaart is in right midfield. A fantastic young player yes but isn't he left footed?
About Bravo, he's a good left back (and he could be great). He isn't a first choice in Real Madrid for an obvious reason: Roberto Carlos.

And about Van Der Vaart, the thing is I wanted to put that 4 players in the midfield, so I adapted his position.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #12
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

[quote]Originally posted by LowTech:
Quote:
[qb]

And about Van Der Vaart, the thing is I wanted to put that 4 players in the midfield, so I adapted his position.
Hmmm makes sense. Come to think about it it's actually quite diffucult to think of a player for rm if you take away the obvious candidates like Figo, Beckham etc. I wrecked my brain trying to think of good rm players and couldn't think of many in the end if I was choosing a dream team of players from outside Spain I would probably choose Bernd Scheider of Bayer Leverkusan(sp). He played very well for them against Man United in the semi - final of the Champions League last season...
Old 02-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Vd Vaart is indeed a very talented young player, he shoots just as easy with his left as with his right foot. But he is also very often injured. He has the potential to become a great one, i'm a little worried about his physical condition though.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:10 AM   #14
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Vd Vaart is indeed a very talented young player, he shoots just as easy with his left as with his right foot. But he is also very often injured. He has the potential to become a great one, i'm a little worried about his physical condition though.
Yes from what I've seen of him he looks an excellent player. I heard rumours on a website linking him with Barcelona but now Van Gaal's gone maybe he won't go there. I think I read somewere that he wants to play in Spain soon... You have to wonder how long Ajax will be able to hold on to him although that's the case with most good players in the Netherlands these days...
Old 02-01-2003, 09:55 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
His contract ties him to Ajax until 2006, so if there's anyone interrested, they better bring a cargoship full of money. Barcelona and Real Madrid are no factor i'm afraid, they're as good as broke. And some Italian teams are also having some serious financial problems. I guess all these years of buying, buying, and buying some more, are finally taking their toll.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #16
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
...So please tell me what your favorite sport is eg Basketball, baseball etc and what your dream team would be for that sport.
I'll take the Swedish Bikini Team ( www.jmallard.com/sbt.htm ), and I don't care what sport we're talking about...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #17
Deathbringer

Personally I wouldn't have a 4-4-2 formation, I'd have a diamond midfield

I think the formation is 4,1,2,1,2
and my team would consist of:

Gk: Me
rb: Me
lb: Me
rcb: Me
lcb: Me
rm: Me
cdm: Me
cam: Me
lm: Me
rf: Me
lf: Me

well, you did say 'DREAM' team [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 02-01-2003, 08:02 PM   #18
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well you said any sport...

Offensive Lines-
Elias,Arnott,Sykora
Gurien,Modano,Hull
LeClair,Sundin,Forsberg
Lethinen,Fedorov,Tkchauk

Defensive Lines-
Stevens,Hatcher
Pronger,Lidstrom
Neidimyer,MacInnis

Goalie-Broduer

Backup Goalie- Turco
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 02-01-2003, 08:54 PM   #19
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok:

I believe in wingbacks!!! Can't you tell?

GK - Barthez (He's a character, as well as a fab goalie.)
DL - Carlos (I believe he's overrated. He cant defend THAT well. Great attacker)
DR - Cafu (another attacker)
CB - Nesta (quality player)
CB - Ferdinand (best defender at world cup)
ML - Pires (just sheer class)
MR - Beckham (overated? He's pure class. Through and through.)
CM - Zidane (Perfection)
CM - Roy Keane (best tackler in the game. Awesome)
FW - Henry (deadly)
FW - Van Nistelroy (imagine feeding off Henry, Beckham and Zidane)

Ok, I like my team. Not that biased, although a lot of Utd players. Not one player from my team - Liverpool (owen wasn't even considered).

Only one's I considered were Buffon in net, Ronaldo up front and Viera instead of Keane.

And I dnt know how anyone can say Beckham is overated? Do you understand football? Not only is he the best passer,crosser and free kick taker in the world, he works more than any other player on a pitch.

Take the game England vs Greece before WC2002. He won the game on his own. His work rate was awesome!
Old 02-02-2003, 05:46 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Completely objective [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seaman
Lauren
Campbell
Keown
Cole
Ljungberg
Gilberto
Vieira
Pires
Bergkamp
Henry
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show