Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2002, 11:50 AM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think it's allowed to post my dreams in here ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2002, 04:39 PM   #12
Sir Goulum
John Locke

My wierdest dream?

Well apparantly in my dream there is this fad of these things that attach to you and wrap around you. They can make you levitate but they are in complete control of your body (like a parasite). So I got one and it wrapped around me and then for some reason they became illegal, so here I was, this thing wrapped onto me, in control of my body, and they were illegal. A S.W.A.T. team surronded my house and shot me. Then I woke up to find my blanket wrapped around me like in the dream. Wieeeerd!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:02 AM   #13
Legolas
Jack Burton

I've cartainly had my share of weird dreams. Here's one I had on november 20th last year. I first wrote it down right after dreaming, which I normaly don't do but this one was both weird and vivid. Posted it on the CC thread too. In fact, you may miss some of the context of when I originally posted it, like the Lioness reference or the Tiamat-Xbox stuff.

So there I was, walking through a path in the forest, along with my father, brother, sister and some little girl (who, by the way, was not Lioness). I was walking happily up front with my sister when we got called back to look at a chivelike plant. The little girl knew all about the world we were in, and the chive had sap in it which could put fire to something by it's touch.
Now I didn't believe it so we went deeper into the forest to see a demonstration and whadda ya know, it worked. The girl said the plant only grew in the poorer area of the world, and the rich people didn't have that luxury.

Meanwhile, my father and my brother hid behind some trees to try and scare me on my way back to the path. I passed by and they did surprise me.
They ran ahead, and tried the same thing near a cluster of trees. I knew what to expect and spotted them in time.
Now there was a third figure behind them as they came out of the shadows, who had a brown blanket with white stripes on it, and who I recognised as Neb.
The three ran ahead again, and tried to scare me for a third time. This time I could see a corner of the blanket peeking around a tree, so I knew where they were.

Suddenly we ended up inside a house, which was big and white. There was a cutscene where Neb was standing in front of a screen with an X-box projection (Neb became somewhat of a Neb-Tiamat mix here, very spooky)
There was a list of ten or fifteen names of IW members scrolling by, two of which were bold, they had been defeated or something.

Anyway, I was hidig in the house, above the sitting room where my father was reading the newspaper and my brother was watching television. I could see Neb walking around again, this time with a brightly coloured blanket over himself, searching for me.
Then he was out of sight again, and a girl who was in my class some three years ago came down from the stairs, stood for a while, then disappeared behind a wall.

I jumped down and peered over my father's chair, and saw Neb moving around again, a bit of blanket around a corner almost all the time.

Then he finally spotted me and moved toward me, streaching his arm out to touch my head. I threw four dice toward him, but to no avail. He put your hand on my face and the dream ended.

The next day I had another IW related dream in which I was going on a holiday, biking to Norway with Steve Irwin (the crocodile hunter) Ziroc, Link and two or three others I don't remember anymore. This one was a lot more vague than the previous one. After some biking we ended up in a cabin in Swiss with lots of snow outside and a goat inside. Can't recall how it ended, so nothing big would have happened since.

An odd thing was that I hadn't seen any pictures except for Ziroc's (and I'd seen Steve before as well), but I knew exactly what name belonged to what person. When I did see the photos on Stealthies, though... (I just know you're thinking they looked exactly like in my dream... sorry to disappoint you, they looked entirely different)

Never had an IW dream after those. I could tell you about how the Kilt first came to me if you're interested though...

[ 06-30-2002, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:59 AM   #14
Dramnek_Ulk

My freakiest ever dream,
Was where I dreamt that I woke up, got out of bed and it was a Saturday,
I then *Really* woke up, and found it was a Monday

Old 07-01-2002, 11:11 AM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
My freakiest ever dream,
Was where I dreamt that I woke up, got out of bed and it was a Saturday,
I then *Really* woke up, and found it was a Monday
Lol, I've had a dream like that. I dreamt that I woke up, put on my clothes and got ready for school.... And then I woke up [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 08:32 PM   #16
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

The weirdest dream I have ever had, I had when i was about 8 years old. I wasnt feeling well that night so i went to be early, but i woke up about 9 PM and it was as bright as daylight outside, so I was totally confused. I went out into the living room and my parents were not there, they were out on the porch so I went out on the porch and not only my parents, but all the neighbors were out there looking up at the sky that was abnormally bright. I had no idea what was going on so i asked my parents and they just told me to go back to bed. So i hung out for a few minutes and pondered this strange situation adn then i went to bed. When i woke up i asked my parents about it, but they had no idea what i was talking about, and still dont to this day. IT was soooo real i have a hard time beleiving it was a dream, but it had to have been, because there is no other explanation for it.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:52 PM   #17
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I once had a dream that I was shutting down my computer but it didn't want to shut down, so I preesed the power button but still nothing happened, I panicked so I unplugged the damn computer but it was still on and it started playing all sorts of strange noises... thats when I totally freaked out and woke up...
That's odd, I've had a dream that was almost completely like that, too.[/QUOTE]And I did too O_o

My iMacs Noise didn't frighten me though, infact i stayed into theto try and memorize the noise, it was a repeating patter, i then became lucid and ordered the sound to play repeatedly until i memorized, i then took a synthesizor and made an mp3 of the sound... if you're interested in hearing it I can upload it to my website...
Old 07-01-2002, 10:56 PM   #18
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
My wierdest dream?

Well apparantly in my dream there is this fad of these things that attach to you and wrap around you. They can make you levitate but they are in complete control of your body (like a parasite). So I got one and it wrapped around me and then for some reason they became illegal, so here I was, this thing wrapped onto me, in control of my body, and they were illegal. A S.W.A.T. team surronded my house and shot me. Then I woke up to find my blanket wrapped around me like in the dream. Wieeeerd!
No you're thinking of pashminas. Except they don't make you levitate or control your body... they do cost a huge amount and then sit in your cupboard like a big silly rug you should never have bought [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I dreamt quite a few times that I cut off my legs because I didn't want them anymore. I didn't dream about actually cutting them off, but I didn't have them anymore and I knew I'd had it done to get rid of them... was scary.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

This is the Sound that shows up in the Dream

I try the power button, shutdown doesnt work, i can't unplug it, and the power stip being cutt off wont even shut the sucker up, then it begins to talk to me, through the speakers, even with the headphones jacked in. thatss normly the part where you wake up, but ive seen the dream continue to the end, where the computer even screams using the basic "fred" voice, and it says "I WANT TO LIVE!" it's kind of odd imaginign the fred voice sc but i know what i heard it had emmotion to it, and then the monitor just goes into a little dotades out, that's when i decded to wake up... was the soun in your dreams similar? Or can you remember?