Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #11
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
But he rode his luck with his second as he mis-hit the ball and it drifted into the net in the 56th minute.
I dnt think that was a mis-hit at all, he just screwed it a bit. It went where he aimed it, just not as quickly as he would have liked.

But as a Liverpool fan, although I think we are doing well, I am skeptical about winning the Premiership.

I know Utd ain't in that good a form, and neither are Arsenal, but I cant help thinking that Arsenal are gonna turn it on pretty soon. Hope not though, and Owen is playing awesome after his slump at the start of the season.

His first goal was sheer class!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:56 AM   #12
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
quote:
But he rode his luck with his second as he mis-hit the ball and it drifted into the net in the 56th minute.
I dnt think that was a mis-hit at all, he just screwed it a bit. It went where he aimed it, just not as quickly as he would have liked.[/QUOTE]Sooo... in other words... a miss hit [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I am aslo a litle worried, remember this time last season, Liverpool were 6 or 7 points clear up the top but had a bad spell over christmas, which cost them the premiership. Although, with this new Liverpool side, I believe they cartainly have what it takes

Old 11-03-2002, 06:50 AM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
I am aslo a litle worried, remember this time last season, Liverpool were 6 or 7 points clear up the top but had a bad spell over christmas, which cost them the premiership. Although, with this new Liverpool side, I believe they cartainly have what it takes
I think our side has improved, but Arsenal's starting 11 is just amazing. I know LANESRA and certain people I wnt mention will get high over this, it just is. I wouldn't bet on them winning the league this year, where as I beleive the odds you would get on Arsenal are worth taking!

Anyway, DB, how have you been? Not spoke in a long time!
Old 11-03-2002, 07:21 AM   #14
Deathbringer

Quote:
quote:
I think our side has improved, but Arsenal's starting 11 is just amazing. I know LANESRA and certain people I wnt mention will get high over this, it just is. I wouldn't bet on them winning the league this year, where as I beleive the odds you would get on Arsenal are worth taking!

Anyway, DB, how have you been? Not spoke in a long time!
[/QUOTE]Well, Arsenal play today so I guess its going to be their main priority not to make it 5 losses in a row. Arsenal's starting 11 is pretty good, but it has proven to be hard for them without patrick Vierra.

Liverpool are going great, even without the likes of Gerrard in midfield and their strongest defence. Liverpool's defence is the best in the premiership and their midfield is ranked in the top 3, plus we have Owen up front (who is on fire) and the likes of Heskey, Baros, Doif and Cheyrou to line up beside him.

Hehe I am cool. I got my own forums now aswell Plus Liverpool's recent premier league form has made me one happy chappy. How 'bout you? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2002, 09:01 AM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Yes,the Arsenal result today is very important, and as you mentioned, they are on a losing streak. I hope they get beat, but one of the key factors, is Freddy and Pires are back. And they are awesome.

The Liverpool defence is awesome, best in league. The midfield, is not. It isn't creative enough, we lack a Giggs, a Pires or a Ljungberg. Our passing isn't the best, as Murphy can be sloppy, and only Dietmar and Gerrard can pass a ball well.

Our strike force is unpredictable, Owen is on fire atm, but earlier was not. Heskey, I do not rate. Diouf, I rate, but he needs his chance. Baros has taken his chance with full gusto, and bagged a few. He will be a star, givin more time. And Cheyrou, also looks good. I believe we need to drop Heskey and utilise either Baros or Diouf regularly.

And I'm not to bad mate, plodding along with college and what not. Last year now, so I'll be getting a job (and £££) when I leave! How's the family?
Old 11-03-2002, 11:05 AM   #16
Deathbringer

Quote:
Yes,the Arsenal result today is very important, and as you mentioned, they are on a losing streak. I hope they get beat, but one of the key factors, is Freddy and Pires are back. And they are awesome.
well Arsenal won, 0-1 against Fulham, but it was a Fulham own goal.

Quote:
]The Liverpool defence is awesome, best in league. The midfield, is not. It isn't creative enough, we lack a Giggs, a Pires or a Ljungberg. Our passing isn't the best, as Murphy can be sloppy, and only Dietmar and Gerrard can pass a ball well.
I would have to disagree, Murphy has been in top form and is one of Liverpool's more persistant good-formers recently. And we do have a creative midfielder, Diao! he has proven to be a valuable assett, he has already scored twice and has set up many good goals. Plus he has fitted right in and is already acting like a typical Liverpool player (running his legs off and creating chances).

Quote:
Our strike force is unpredictable, Owen is on fire atm, but earlier was not. Heskey, I do not rate. Diouf, I rate, but he needs his chance. Baros has taken his chance with full gusto, and bagged a few. He will be a star, givin more time. And Cheyrou, also looks good. I believe we need to drop Heskey and utilise either Baros or Diouf regularly.
Well Hesky isn't as good as he was, but he has scored a few goals this season, he scored the winner to save an embarrasing draw with bolton..

Quote:
And I'm not to bad mate, plodding along with college and what not. Last year now, so I'll be getting a job (and £££) when I leave! How's the family?
The family?... fine.. yours? And I've nearlly finished Uni

[ 11-03-2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 11-03-2002, 04:52 PM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looks in - sees it's mostly "scouser talk", and quietly slips away to celebrate the start of Arsenal's next record breaking winning streak
Old 11-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #18
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Own goal, 1.0 were back 'nuff said.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:32 AM   #19
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
well Arsenal won, 0-1 against Fulham, but it was a Fulham own goal.
Yeah, Marlet was unlucky. And the annoying thing is, Cambell conceded two penalties against Boa Morte that weren't given! Jeff Winter had an awful game, one of the worst refereeing games I can remember seeing!

Quote:
Originally posted Deathbringer:
I would have to disagree, Murphy has been in top form and is one of Liverpool's more persistant good-formers recently. And we do have a creative midfielder, Diao! he has proven to be a valuable assett, he has already scored twice and has set up many good goals. Plus he has fitted right in and is already acting like a typical Liverpool player (running his legs off and creating chances).
I understand what you mean about Murphy, he is doing some good things. But i bet his average passing rating (completed passes) is quite low compared to other midfielders in the country. I beleive Diou is going to be a great asset to this club, as he has started very very well. He also though, can be sloppy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:Well Hesky isn't as good as he was, but he has scored a few goals this season, he scored the winner to save an embarrasing draw with bolton..
For 11million, he was a waste. He has scored two/three this year, and we are 15 games into the season.
Quote:
The family?... fine.. yours? And I've nearlly finished Uni
Good good, I've got about 5/6 months of college left. My family is going alright, just working, earning, and saving!

And LANESRA, It ain't gonna happen!

[ 11-04-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 11-04-2002, 04:28 PM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Liverpool - pah, November Champions - the real trick is to be there in May. I believe Aston Villa led the league this time last year - Aston Who