Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 09:42 PM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
you could ask the six of spades character for some advice and he could say "just play the dammed game already . . ."
Nah. I'd be the bouncer, and I'd kick out any Kensai->Mages, Wizard Slayer->Thieves, and Unbalanced Shapeshifters that came in. [/QUOTE]i reckon you wont be able to kick me out if i drop in with my shapeshifter.. shapshifted into a mouse of course (using cloak of sewers.. how i love that cloak). Ill sneak my way in .

[ 02-17-2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
We'd have to equip the Six-bouncer with every bit of cheesiness we could find. The 40th level sorceror Bouncer, with cloak of cheese, 2 rings of Gaxx, etc.
Interesting idea for a mod, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:41 AM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

It would seem wiser to devise a new (wilderness?) area (or you just use a house that's not being used in the game at the moment) in which we find Lord Shield's Bar*. A place for some new quests, well-known Ironworks members who have their say (in character, of course), and maybe some nice banters.

It would be fun to implement the discussion between Six and Hank Parsons about Improved Bodhi in the game

*= Lord Shield's Bar is a classic in the Baldur's Gate 2 forum. If you're interested why, just do a search in the Baldur's Gate 2 archives.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #14
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Also, SoS would be obligated to *dis* ANYONE who 'FOR ANY REASON' likes the LotR movies!! LOL!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The LotR films had a lot of worthy stuff in it (great imagery), and even some changes/additions that I liked, such as the 'pint' business in Bree. But, unfortunately, Jackson felt the need to bury all that work under an avalanche of crap. I'm told that in the extended version, Legolas and Gimli have a drinking contest (which never happened in the book, nor *would* it have happened, as both are serious characters who never got a day of rest between Lothlorien and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields), and Gimli loses. Apparently, he slumps unconscious to the floor, and Legolas merely feels a slight numbness in one of his fingers. Is it me, or does this go completely against the grain of the specific characters, AND their races in general? But, hell, Peter Jackson's decided that short people aren't good for anything more than comic relief, so to hell with dignity.

No, people can say the LotR movies were good--they were. They're not worth a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys compared to the book, though.

To have this post be somewhat on-topic: I think I'd rather be a Half-Elven Bard (Hmmm....Danny Elfman as Half-Elven Bard?), sitting at a table with Alson & Dundee, engaging in intense debates of ethics. I'll have someone else be the bouncer: An unkillable PEASANT_MAN who never turns Hostile to you, but each of his attacks has an unavoidable Knockback effect, so he can literally boot people out the door if he has to.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #16
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I'll be the halfling lech who makes the other guys uncomfortable when I hit on them

Really it's just a cover to pick pockets [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
you could ask the six of spades character for some advice and he could say "just play the dammed game already . . ."
Nah. I'd be the bouncer, and I'd kick out any Kensai->Mages, Wizard Slayer->Thieves, and Unbalanced Shapeshifters that came in. [/QUOTE]I noticed you left the Ranger > Cleric dual alone. Tut tut, play fair Six

Maybe we could have a Xen Noober-esque character spamming pearls of wisdom?
(only twisting your nipple mate )
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #18
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Six, I want to ask this,, I think that using the beacons to summon the aid of Rohan,,, is superior to the book using the "red arrow" summon. What do you think?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:28 PM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The war-beacons are used in both book and film, and a darn good system it is, too, calling for aid at nearly the speed of light. (One of my favorite gaffes from the movie: In order to make the cinematography more dramatic, Jackson put one of the beacons on a mountaintop, above the clouds. Looks pretty, but when you realize that it can't see any of the other beacon-stations, and the other beacon-stations can't see it, you have to throw up your hands and laugh at how Jackson has just severed the line of communication.)

The Red Arrow is a more diplomatic way of asking for the same thing. Slower, but nicer. Instead of "Come help me now," it's "I would like to remind you that our two countries have sworn a pact of mutual alliance. We foresee an hour of need, and would like to hear your renewed pledge to aid us."
Old 02-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #20
Imrahil
Elminster

I could be a mage of sorts, sitting near the doorway reviewing each new character to come in...

"Hmmm... a Fighter/Mage with Celestial Fury & Sanchuudoku... Power: A-"

"Aha! A Wizard Slayer->Thief! Implementation: D!! Psst... hey, buddy... better pretend you're a Swashbuckler or something in here..."

"A... Beastmaster? Ease of Recruiting: F. I'm pretty sure the computer rejects your choice & laughs at you if you try to select that..."

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote