Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 05:15 PM   #11
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I think they're talking about the first post. I tried doing something for the other one, but I forgot how, so I just put it in brackets.

$%^#$^#$%^@@!%(*&(&*^$'ing goodness! I can't remove it. I've tried like every single darn spy/adware remover, including Nortorn, Spysweeper, Ad-aware, and Spybot. Nothing works. They say they delete it. I search on google again for a d w a r e (I'm not screwing up this post =/), and it gives me the lycos results once again. I'm very, very pissed off right now.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:16 PM   #12
philip
Galvatron

here's the link to Spysweeper http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spysweeper/index.php
Old 04-28-2004, 05:18 PM   #13
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

*sigh* I tried it already. They say it's deleted. It's not. At least if it's not that that's wrong, then it's something very, very similar to that adware that I just found on my computer.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #14
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

follow these steps to remove the savenow hjacker, similar steps apply to other hijackers.

I really can't strees enough how NOT using IE and switching to Mozilla Firebird/Netscape Navigator 7.1 will help you with this problem. IE is literally used as a highway into your hard drive by trojans, virii and hijaclkers of all sorts. Most hijackers and trojans use popups, which are automatically stopped by Firbird/Netscape.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:41 PM   #15
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I've tried Spysweeper. It doesn't work. =/ At least, either it doesn't delete things or scan things properly, as I can scan two times in a row, right after another, and the second time I'll still have crap on .

-> Savenow removal step 1) If you want to uninstall, you can do so easily through the add/remove function in your control panel.

Okay. It just isn't there, darnit! I've opened up the thing. In no place does it even remotely say anything that could be constituted as an adware (ie: all of them are games or hardware that I've installed)
Old 04-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

While this isn't for the faint of heart, have you searched through your registry? It might be buried in there, waiting to come back.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #17
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

At least for the stuff that were mentioned in the websites, yes. Nothing.

ADD] I have now scanned my machine at least 5 times using each of the following programs: Spysweeper, Spybot, Ad-aware 6, and Norton. Only Spysweeper and Ad-aware 6 showed problems repeatedly, but Spybot only found problems the first time. Spybot was unable to delete the thing for some reason, and Norton found two for the first time. After I manually jacked the things out of there, then it didn't find anymore.

[ 04-28-2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
Old 04-28-2004, 06:39 PM   #18
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I HAVE DONE IT!

Thanks everyone for helping me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #19
Son of Osiris

All you can do is hope that the Government, or whoever, decides to crack down on Spyware/adware users.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:03 PM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey assasin.. give tell us the URL of the website that gave you the spyware.. so we can avoid it like a plague..

Catch me if you can..