Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 03:27 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

w00t!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

John Rogers, the script writer speaks out.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4314
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 PM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4323

NEWS: John Rogers stopped by the Don Murphy message board again to reveal some more information about the Summer 2006 transformers movie.

"I posted, what, yesterday? And already 10 PAGES of responses? I promised my self not to come back too often, but when somebody told me, I had to see for myself. You guys are amazing.

Okay, last post for a while. I'll check back in when the script is done. in the meantime, I'll address some randomly selected questions from those 10 pages.

1.) Specific design stuff like eye color, etc., will be determined by the Hasbro and concept art humans. Not my gig. But I'm meeting with the toy folk this week, and have been told they have some very strict guidelines, and interesting ideas.

2.) No, Witwicky isn't gay. Err, wow. The "kind of" meant that you'll recognize the girlfriend's character name, but she doesn't start out as his girfriend.

3.)There's no "Autobots=american cars, Decepticons=foreign models" paradigm. There is a big difference between the two, however ...

4) The TF's are being chosen because of their personalities. That's more important to the process of treating them like real characters than the alt-forms to me. Of course, I could be wrong. I probably am wrong. But to paraphrase Ash: "Good. Bad. I'm the one with the word processor."

95% of the TF's are like 95% of the originals, no worries. But like no yellow spandex and organic webshooters, some stuff just looks better on film. That's why it's film.

5.)Enough from you cassette playa-hata's out there.

6.)Modern day setting.

7.) No Triple-Changers -- that "more than one Alt-form" was a reference to something else.

8.) You'll see other countries.

9.) [fanboy joking tone] Maybe it's me, but Megatron doesn't need to become a wee little gun because he's Megatron, intergalactic kicker of @sses, and he doesn't hide from no stinking humans [/end fanboy joking tone].

10.) The guy who changed his name to Optimus Prime: Seriously. You just scared the hell out of me.

Peace out, and remember, the entire movie will be centered around Chorostop.

Psych.

John"
Source: tfw2005.com
-----------------------------------------

John Rogers=Good
Old 12-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #13
Irongrinder

.....that would be frigging great! Jeez, trying to think up more to write down, so it doesn't look spammy, but can't get out anything more then a big WOOHOO!! and that had to be said!
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

*falls out of seat*

http://donmurphy.net/board/showthrea...&pagenumber=16

"NEWS: Don Murphy, producer of the upcoming TF movie dropped an interesting little piece of info on us in the middle of a thread.

Mr Murphy said : Unicron is mentioned in film one and may show up in the third.

See the original post here.

Does this mean that the Transformers know of their Nemesis? Time will tell!"
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 PM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=3945

Interview with Don Murphy

I love how Speilberg actually knows detailed Transformer info inside out
Old 01-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Been a while...

But Sigmar Claus has some more new's for you from the mean streets of the Transformer community.

-------------------------------------------------

1-The first draft of the scrift has been completed. Yep.

2-Don Murphy's comment on the script " 1) Some of the Transformers show in prehistoric times, while others come later.
2) Optimus will be a long nosed Truck *EDIT* Don has since confirmed that he got confused when answering - he meant that Optimus will be a flat nosed truck (ala G1).
3)It's shorter than 2 hours
4)Soundwave is in it with a non-size shifting mode
5) No Dinobots"

3-"We all met with Dreamworks. Everyone of us is happy. John will have a redraft with some changes made by NEXT weekend and then Steven will read it. Things are on track.

The fans will NEVER be happy with the movie. So all we can do is make a great movie".
-Don Murphy

4-
"Enough with the begging. Here's a spoiler-free update on where the movie is.

I've turned in a draft. We had a meeting yesterday (hence the light blogging) with all the producers. All are in a good mood over where the first draft landed. I was particularly pleased that Tom DeSanto, who has always been the guy riding the "Transformers are full characters" wagon, is happy with where we wound up in these early days.

All have questions which need answering, and will be answered in what is acceptably called a "producer's pass" which is really the "free-because-my-guild-has-no-stones-and-why-didn't-we strike" pass. Then, we'll continue to tweak as we meet with directors. OR, I'll be fired, and you'll have to hump over to Dean Georgaris or Ferris & Brancato's blog. Then I can finally get rip-roaring drunk over Global Frequency not being picked up.

Security is brutally tight on this flick, and there's no way I'm violating my friendly relationship with the fine Dreamworks folks, who are actually my favorite execs in the industry. I think it does no harm to say:

-- Name your favorites. They're in there.
-- Big. Robot. Fights. Robot vs. Robot (mano a mano). Robots vs. Robots (plural, havoc) Humans vs. Robots. Robots vs. cybernetically enhanced rabbits. Cybernetically enhanced rabbits vs. butler ninjas. Butler ... oh, wait, sorry, different project. But most of that's true.
-- No cute kid sidekicks.

Now go away again.

P.S. -- Oh, and Don was yanking your chain about the Soundwave/Blender thing. He's a vaccuum cleaner. A sexy, sexy vaccuum cleaner".

-----------------------------------------------

I'm going to see this film at least five times in the cinema. Regardless of how good/bad it is. [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #17
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Shorter than 2 hours???? Damn....
Oh well, some good news there, thanks for the update [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #18
Sigmar
Unicorn

They are making a trilogy.

I love Transformers as much, if not more so, then the next...anything else, but I don't see how they would be able to make three 2+ hour films based on the source material.

IMO every film doesn't have to be as long as the Lord of the Rings (example) to be good, personally I find long movies to be very...uncomfortable, especially in a cinema scenario where there's no "pause" button and nature happens to call.

Edit-Oh and, thanks Hivetyrant!

[ 01-29-2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 01-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #19
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Man that would be cool, making everyone wait whilst you take heed to natures call
Though it would probably make a few people unhappy [img]tongue.gif[/img]
lol, or if when you get back from the toilet and your friend says you missed the best bit so you just rewind

Yeah, a Lotr length movie would go down to well I dont think, though I think alot of movies these days are aiming for lengthier films...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #20
Sigmar
Unicorn

Strangely, Don Murphy, producer of the movie has been answering questions based on the film. Don't read if you don't want spoilers.

"Q: Is Bludgeon in it?
A: NO

Q: Do ANY characters choose or just end up NOT adopting Earth alt modes, keeping their Cybertronian alt-mode instead of using an Earth alt mode, while on Earth?
A: No

Q: Will Megatron be a tank?
A: Yes

Q: Does a gestalt make an appearance?
A: NO
Lamest question ever!

Q: Will Soundwave have minions?
A: Yes

And another snippet from Don:

Quote:
More next week after the most successful director in cinema history chimes in.

And more:

Quote:
Go over and read John's Blog.

What no one is REALLY getting is that this film is NOT entirely what you are expecting.
We are NOT doing a cartoon.
We are NOT doing CGI.
We ARE doing a real live action film with CGI in it.
It IS an origin film.
You will get many injokes and you will love the characters and the action.
John does NOD to the comics and the series
BUT it is designed to make $400 million which means people will groove on it who have never heard of TF before and think that you guys are cool for liking TF.

So start thinking THAT way and you will really be pleased.

Read this thread for ALL the info http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurph...&threadid=2723

*phew*

They're trying to gun for 400 Million...I can dig it! [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]