Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #11
Black Robed One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The portraits are pretty good indeed... Thanks to pritchke for providing them, and to Dundee Slaytern for converting them into usable format (although truth to tell, I've just downloaded the converted portraits and have yet to have a look at them)!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
NobleNick
Quintesson

Hmmm... Babes in bras, boots and bikinis bash baddies. Ever notice how guys need to armor plate every squre inch, while the gals take on the same opponents wearing, er, basically nothing? I am a solid power gamer, and like an even Male-Female balance; but, from a roleplay perspective, I could never bring myself to take along a party member that looked like she was prepped for the Miss America swimsuit competion.

Nevertheless, I downloaded the files to my jump drive, Dundee; and am looking forward to opening them up sometime this weekend. There was a Ranger-like lass that might have barely (no pun intended) enough clothing to be considered for duty.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM   #13
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

What is really scary is Dundees photos are almost identical to mine with the exception of a few of the smaller head shots. I downloaded them to see if I liked any of his better than mine but there was hardly any difference.

It is because great minds do think alike

Actually it is more likely due to the fact that there is not alot you can do in terms of cropping to get the best pictiure since they are quit tall compared to there width.

The Ranger shot was my favorite as well, but I liked them all except for the Red sheets one with the spear. It looks like she is trying to seduce the monsters of the dale maybe she could be used as a bard though.

[ 02-09-2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #14
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

Nick seems to be right on that point. Maybe DND monsters are all males and automatically get slowed when these female characters (warriors???) attack. That must make up plenty for the loss of armour...
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #15
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

sorry ZFR, got carried away. where can these portraits be accessed? what about screen shots and forgotten realms' scenic beauty? I've decided to dedicate my desktop to the forgotton realms.
Either learn or leave
Old 02-10-2005, 05:39 AM   #16
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Serak Moonblade:
sorry ZFR, got carried away. where can these portraits be accessed? what about screen shots and forgotten realms' scenic beauty? I've decided to dedicate my desktop to the forgotton realms.
You mean the TotLM portraits? Sorry but I cant help you there because I dont know which portraits were added by HoW and which were added by TotLM and not even sure if the TotLM portraits werent there in IWD2. I have both games uninstalled now.

Anyway, my best advice is: DOWNLOAD TOTLM!!
If you have dial-up and cant download it all at once try Kazaa. That's where I got mine from.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #17
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

my connection has been disconnected for sometime now. i should get it up in the near future. i'll get TotLM then. right now doing IWD2. thanks a ton!!
Either learn or leave
Old 02-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #18
Black Robed One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The ranger girl is indeed one of the best, although personally, I also like an elven girl with a glowing blade (3rd portrait) – a good portrait for a warrior-mage (who don’t wear armor because it interferes with spellcasting). The rest of the portraits are pretty good too, although the lack of armor (and much of clothes) will force you to turn to non-standard defensive measures like various Bracers of AC and Rings of Protection instead of mundane armor, if you are going to equip them according to their portraits, that’s it.

Oh, and by the way, of what race is a priestess from the last (7th) portrait? A very pale Moon Elf or an Air Genasi?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

My favourite was actually the 7th one. No high heels, and some form of protection. The Cleric one with the battle hammer was nice too, but unless those are magical see-through silk armour +50, she ain't going to last long in any real battle.

There is a website out there that talks about this issue. It is stated that in all RPGs, women have certain zones of invulnerability. They require no protection on these zones as they will never, ever, get scratched, nicked, cut, burnt, etc... on these zones.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #20
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

he he ! i doubt the silken armour is going tho protect her from the cold of winter an the dale. she must be from down south.

and dundee which is this website?
Either learn or leave