Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 01:18 AM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The black dragon armor is for sell by the merchant created by weimer, as well as some other BGII items.

[ 01-06-2003, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #12
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Has anyone run across either of the following two items in NORMAL mode?

Black Dragon scale armor
Mithral field plate

Aside from Riki, and the folks back in Kuldahar has anyone run across any other merchants in chapter six? I thought that Orrick woud sell items but I guess I was wrong.
I picked up 2 suits of mithral field plate +2 during the game, but I can't remember for the life of me where. No dragon scale though.

Is it an item from the random treasure table prehaps?

[ 01-06-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #13
Imrahil
Elminster

This is one area that illustrates how poor the Guide Book is for IWDII (& IWDI for that matter) compared to the BGII & BGII-ToB books. The BG books do an excellent job of both telling you how to get through an area &, separately, where to find something (without ruining anything if you just want to know one or the other - or ruining anything before or after, since it's all clearly labelled).

In the IWD books, you have to know what section you are in (which rules out looking for a specific item), then be very careful while skimming over several paragraphs just to find the section you want. I experienced a lot of frustration with the IWD book when I just wanted to get through Fell Wood but wound up seeing far more than I intended.

So, much as I wish they would keep IE around, I also with they would let Versus Books do the Guides rather than Prima, 'cause Prima, IMO, sucks.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:36 AM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Prima are the worse ever. I have 3 "Official complete secret and solutions" book by them in wich I know secrets, important items, optional character, and such, that are not even mentioned in the game.

They are the worse. The only decent book I got by them is the Final Fantasy tactic one.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Kakero,

The light weight of Oswald's armor IS nice, but in terms of stats, the best non-HOF armors in the game are either the mithral field field plate which is base 10 to armor plus maximum dex bonus of 2 and a weight of 25 pounds, or the Chain of Drakkas with a base 7, NO maximum dex bonus, NO penalty to spell casting or thieving skills.

BTW, I DID find the mithral plate in one of the towers of the severed hand.
Unless you intend to cheat that mithral armor in early, that "1/4 Weight Full Plate Mail" is really awesome.

Heavy Armor
Armor Bonus: +8
Max Dex Bonus: +1
Armor Check Penalty: -6
Arcane Spell Failure: 35%
Weight: 17 lb.

The point in IWD2 at which you can get this armor makes this armor exceptionally valuable! Furthermore, at this point in the game, a good AC still has some value. And lastly, its light wieght (at only 17 lbs) makes this armor exceptionally valuable for weaker characters.

I contend that this beetle armor is the "most valuable" armor in the game.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:24 PM   #16
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Magness,

Your point about timing is well taken for the 1/4 weight field plate. Being able to get that armor for minimal cost at that point in the game makes it VERY valuable. It's still not as good as the Mithral field plate +2 OR the Chain of Drakkas but definitely MUCH more useful given that you get the 1/4 armor in chapter 2. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #17
Axl of Darkness
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Folks

I am sure it wont help. But the Dragon Armor can be bought !!!
It is very expensive but I really cant remember where !!!
Probably a merchant, but cant remember if it is an uploaded merchant (I added the patch for the new merchants)

I know it can be bought !!!

just my 2 cents

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

ED
Old 01-21-2003, 01:59 PM   #18
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Based on what other posters have said, I think you're right. There is a mod that adds a merchant with some of the items from Bg2 into the game and I suspect the black dragon scale is one of the items that might be added. I still need to double check this, but its looking more and more like this is the answer.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:54 PM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Based on what other posters have said, I think you're right. There is a mod that adds a merchant with some of the items from Bg2 into the game and I suspect the black dragon scale is one of the items that might be added. I still need to double check this, but its looking more and more like this is the answer.
Yes it is, I bought it from the merchant myself.