Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #11
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

YOU FOO! lol, Viconia is a better character! She gets more spells, and spells are better than negligable amounts of combat ability (What does the test do exactly? I never have used him long enough to find out... He just made me too angry).
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:15 PM   #12
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Here I go, again. Agree, Toriuxx, Viconia is better because of her high DEX, also much more fun to have around, also, hint, hint, she can change. ;D
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #13
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

lol I think I see that wink...

If you played SOA through and brought along your character, you are at a SERIOUS advantage for Viconia. Use that belt of constitution and gauntlets of ogre might (or crom fayr if it strikes your fancy, but better with a more fighting character) and give her rune hammer... She pounded the crap out of most of the demons hangin' with Demogorgon. HUGE AC and great HP and damage if done right. Anomen however, you must boost his wisdom, dexterity, strength if you like a good score here and heck, crack him to change his personality.

Somebody needs to make a mod in which Anomen is kidnapped by ogress and tortured in foul ways... lol, hes annoying enough to deserve it. Of course, nobody would ever rescue him... Bah!
Old 01-18-2002, 09:37 PM   #14
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Hey, I'd buy it. See my sig. I have always taken Vickey, after the first time, where I learned my anti-Anomen ways and she also always has Crom Fayer. My front guys carry swords (Carsomyr and Gram Sword of Grief. Spoiler:
=
=
=
=
=
=
In the Ascension mod finale, she killed Irenicus.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 01-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Anomen gains +4 to his WIS when he passes his test, not as good as Viconia's 18, but this is compensated greatly by his melee skills.

Anomen gets more attacks per round.

Anomen's DEX can be rectified with the Gauntlets of Dextrity. This may be an issue if you also want Keldorn, if so, then just treat Anomen like a pure Kensai and use him as a flank attacker.

Anomen's Hp beats Viconia flat, even if she uses the Girdle of Fortitude.

Turn Undead is a matter of taste, do you prefer instantly killing Undead or converting them? I prefer to instant kill them.

Anomen can Dual-Wield Crom Faeyr and Runehammer, and grandmaster in them.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 05:10 AM   #16
Mercutilis Karr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL!!! man oh man have we got some Anomen bashing going on. On the point of Anomen's personality a lich is more entertaining as for his combat abilities they are unreal "after" his knighthood so make sure he gets it. As for the Teifling(think that's how you spell it) he just scars me with his "sparrow" chatter, you just can't beat that offensice spin he has but overall he is a weak character 'until' he gets some abilities from HLA. As for Viconia well...... let's just say that she has a great personality, pretty decent stats and on damn fine lady to look at. Oh ya she'a a major player, man what a tease LOL!
Mercutilis Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 07:23 AM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Pretty much what Dundee said! But also to add that Anomen goes from Lawful Neutral to Lawful Good when he passes the test. This makes him a much better person and he actually started apologising to the various people in my group who he had insulted. In one case (Jan's) this led to a really bizarre conversation in which they almost killed each other again. Good for the laughs IMO. He rocks, and he doesn't have to be resurrected every three seconds because of a laughable constitution like Aerie and Viconia.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 07:44 AM   #18
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Barry, if you say so, but I almost never have Viconia killed. Her CON is very low, but because her DEX is so high, her AC can be as high as -12, so she rarely got killed. Anomen, on the other hand, has a low DEX, so he was always getting killed, and I kept having to go to the Pocket Plane to have Vicky or Jahiera to reincarnate him. Also, he never apologised tpo anyone but Keldorn when I had him. Especially not to me.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:12 PM   #19
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Viconia only died once for me in ToB... and never in SOA... She died when Aerie for some strange reason decided to be CONFUSED while she was shapeshifted to a mindflayer... She also killed Sarevok... *SHUDDER!* needless to say, that made our little drow bhaalspawn a WEE bit harder to kill. lol Edwin had to do most of the killing in the end, and thats just WRONG!

BTW, how does someone join the anomen hating group?

Regardles, This question is in ToB board, and in ToB, bards are SUPERMEAN, and Haer Dallis would win hands down. Oh look! I'm the full of crap moron named anomen, and I'm gonna hit you with my hammer! Oh, wait, I've just been dexterity drained a few times, and now I'm dead. Oh well.

Grandmastery is useless unless you download stuff to make it like it was supposed to be (extra attack and all)... Otherwise, their isn't really any major bonuses from it. Kinda pointless, I find it better to ussually spread the bounuses. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I use kensai's as supertanks.... Of course, Half Orcs have enough hps to loose... Toss in Gax ring and any other regenerating equipment to be more effective. Anomen wouldn't make the cut their, THATS for sure.

Anomen doesn't get many attacks per round anyway. He dualed at what, level 5? Thats 3/2 attacks per round with **, correct? Not very spectacular. 1/2 an attack isn't all that IMO, and having a MUCH better AC is quite a bit better. This is why Viconia is the better choice for another reason. If you keep getting hit, what good are a few extra HP gonna do you? Of course, in Aeries case... lol

To sumerize, anomen is not satisfactory for many reasons: Weak strength, HORRIBLE dexterity and less than stellar wisdom. Of course, his personality is just the death knell.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #20
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

HEY! How do I join the Anti-anomen society?

Also, Viconia has 50% base magic resistance. I rest my case.