Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 10:50 PM   #11
SecretMaster

Dude, sorry to hear about ur misfortune Horatio. But seriously, as we advance in age, thugs like these will increase. I mean, for the NY, security is so tight and the cops are so busy with huntin for terrorrists and sh*t that they forget that muggers and people like them are still out there. Its kinda sad.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:06 PM   #12
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

That SUCKS Horatio.Its good you were able to get away without being more seriously hurt. If anyone gives you any flak about running remind them that it is better to run and live than to be a hero and die. Who knows what could have happened if you had stayed and fought more.

I have been in a similar situation twice. I have almost been mugged twice in Washington D.C. Both times in the same neighborhood. Why do all the best clubs have to be in the shittiest parts of town?? Anyway, to make a long story short, I beat my muggers untill they crawled away. In my experience muggers dont expect you to throw them a good beating. My advice would be for you to get into some kind of martial art, Horatio. Boxing, kendo ,Kung-fu anything realy. Just avoid takeing Tae kwon do, all it does is teach you how to not get hurt while your getting beat up. Personaly I have taken classes in thai boxing(4 yrs), kendo(2 yrs) , and last week started classes in closed crane kung fu. You dont have to be built like the incredible hulk to shatter an attackers bones, joints and organs. You just need to know what your doing.

Also , unless you know what your doing dont try useing a knife, collapsable baton, stick, pepper spray or any other weapon against a mugger. Chances are the mugger will get it away from you and then use it on you. The only time an attacker should know that you are armed is AFTER you have stuck your knife in them and used your baton on their head!!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:15 PM   #13
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Do you wear a blue suit with a big S on the front by any chance?
No I wear loose fitting purple pants so they dont rip when I get pissed off and triple in size

[ 07-11-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 07-11-2002, 11:19 PM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Ah Urban life, though the worst crime commited against me was in rural alabama when some bigot hippie whacked me! That was only a little bit worse than the street gang that rolled me and a few friends, calling us "Faggots" because my quite scottish friend wore a kilt!!! Black keyes and broken ribs suck, but they have nada on a stab wound!

Just today and adding to my careful Paranoia the B.D.P. dropped off a mug sheet at my store with about 29 suspected pick-pockets. Damn thugs if they arent pointing a weapon at ya ,they sneakin into your pocket! I only carry my ID and my card in a front pocket to avoid thugs getting my stash and I try to carry less than $20 cash. Its f****D up if ya read the police blotter every day in the local rags, petty crime and mugging is all to common here and to top that off I'm in retail so I got shoplifters to boot!

I hate theives!!! (unless they are in D&D) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 04:25 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Annual crime figures released in the UK today show an increase in street crime of 28%.

Generally crime has not increased.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-12-2002, 02:05 PM   #16
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanx for all the nice replies guys, and for those who posted similar experiances, I feel for ya.
To Hunter, I have taken a few martial arts courses, but I took Judo religiously for 4 yrs. Also, I'm quite tall (6 ft 3) and well built (11 stone) so I look quite intimidating, so usually I don't get a lot of trouble.
My arm has been causing me trouble today, the stitches burst this morning. I had to go to hospital again (because of the size of the wound, they told me to come back if the stitches went) and have it done again, then I went back to my flat and cleaned up my bed sheets. God, blood is hard to wash out.
I swear, if I run into the little SOB that did this, I'm gonna go down on him like a ton of bricks, THEN take him to the police station. Grrrr.....
Old 07-12-2002, 02:11 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Thanx for all the nice replies guys, and for those who posted similar experiances, I feel for ya.
To Hunter, I have taken a few martial arts courses, but I took Judo religiously for 4 yrs. Also, I'm quite tall (6 ft 3) and well built (11 stone) so I look quite intimidating, so usually I don't get a lot of trouble.
My arm has been causing me trouble today, the stitches burst this morning. I had to go to hospital again (because of the size of the wound, they told me to come back if the stitches went) and have it done again, then I went back to my flat and cleaned up my bed sheets. God, blood is hard to wash out.
I swear, if I run into the little SOB that did this, I'm gonna go down on him like a ton of bricks, THEN take him to the police station. Grrrr.....
And then he'll press charges and you get arrested. Think again Horatio ! Just hope you never meet the loser again, it's better that way.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I carry a GLOCK compact in .357 Sig with two ten round clips and Triton night sights. The BEST damn defense, PERIOD! Add that to being well over six feet tall, 270 lbs, and not getting drunk while out in public. I've never had an incident, but I like to be prepared. Here's another good tip. If an assailant is confronting you WITHOUT a gun, scatter some loose bills on the ground in front of him and retreat. Most will go for the bills and give you time to escape.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:53 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
I carry a GLOCK compact in .357 Sig with two ten round clips and Triton night sights. The BEST damn defense, PERIOD! Add that to being well over six feet tall, 270 lbs, and not getting drunk while out in public. I've never had an incident, but I like to be prepared. Here's another good tip. If an assailant is confronting you WITHOUT a gun, scatter some loose bills on the ground in front of him and retreat. Most will go for the bills and give you time to escape.
Are you nuts ? I won't give anything except a kick right where it hurts !
Old 07-12-2002, 04:55 PM   #20
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

are the streets over in America *really* that dangerous? I'm not sure I'd even WANT to leave the house if the conditions were like that...