Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 10:59 PM   #181
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Try and understand this MagiK, otherwise you're arguing with yourself.

Have you ever in your life ever admitted you were wrong about anything? Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 11:24 PM   #182
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:

Have you ever in your life ever admitted you were wrong about anything? Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Have you ever in your life admitted you were wrong MagiK? Just curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-26-2002, 02:12 PM   #183
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Have you ever in your life admitted you were wrong MagiK? Just curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] See now, there is part of your problem.

You are completely incapable of answering a simple yes or no question. But unlike you I can manage that simple feat.

Yes I have, several times on this particular board even.

After watching Hannity and Colmbs And watching you and others here closely, I am starting to believe that there are some people who just cannot use the words yes or no.

Old 10-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #184
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

After watching Hannity and Colmbs And watching you and others here closely, I am starting to believe that there are some people who just cannot use the words yes or no.
Maybe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'll get my coat [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 05:05 PM   #185
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:

Maybe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'll get my coat [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]LOL too late, I have seen you say yes or no and some times both!

Old 10-26-2002, 06:22 PM   #186
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:

After slogging through all 8 pages just now, I nearly crapped myself laughing when I read this - I think I like irony too Donut
Old 10-26-2002, 10:36 PM   #187
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Yorick and MagiK, sitting in a tree...
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-26-2002, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 10-27-2002, 12:05 AM   #188
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Yorick and MagiK, sitting in a tree...
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
A.. R.. G.. U.. I.. N.. G.

Glad to see this had the same number of letters - I just couldn't see the pair of them kissing (well could anyone - huh...).. And what would Cheetah think of her hubby if he was carrying on with that sort of behaviour [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 10:13 PM   #189
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Why were the founding fathers so much smarter than anyone alive today?

Why are the founding fathers trusted more than people today?

Were they not human? Have they now been made gods? Whose word is irrefutable and unchanging.

Were they creating laws for a society of 280 million people? Collected from around the globe? A nation that stretches from coast to coast, including a pacific Island and Arctic territory? A nation with computers, uzis nuclear warheads, cars, planes, aids, massive homelessness and obesity, with television and manufactured stars/icons, with financial priests of the stockmarket, and the chance to cryogenically freeze your head? With the psychological problems associated with living in todays world?

Just because America has the same name as then, does not make it the same county. It exists in a radically different place within the fourth dimension...time.

As such, guns are no longer slowly loading single shot arms, but sleek machines of death.

They cannot be banned in America, becasue the founding fathers decreed it.

The word of the American founding fathers is practically impossible to redesign. Even though the applicable words are an AMMENDMENT.

Almost every western democratic nation has revised their constitution. Changing it as society changed. Their leaders are no different to their leaders of the past. Arguing about what's right. Angling for their cause. Representing a portion of the community. Thinking lustful thoughts about a woman they work with.

These are not new aspects of humanity.

Yet, Americans today are prisoners. They are imprisoned by the chains of the past. By the deification of words agreed on by a group of humans. Imperfect humans trying to forge their way through a hostile planet and difficult life. No different to you and I.
Well, allow me to lay this one out in the frankest of terms. Firearms should NOT be banned! It's so simple, that your logic is clearly too short-sighted (not an insult, Einstein had short-sighted logic in politics as well) to see the ramifications of having a disarmed populace. In 1935, the US Congress passed the NFA, which set regulations on firearms. At that time, self-loaded rifles were viable for civilian use, in 1947, Kalashnikov produced a cheap, reliable, high quality weapon perfect for a soldier, the AK-47. The NFA got tightened. Now here we are. Only the elite few can own fully-automatic weapons, and even they have to jump numerous beauracratic hurdles. This 'sleek machines of death' thing doesn't apply. No, they aren't single shot, but how many self-loading carbines were around in 1781, firing cased metallic cartridges? The framers knew the ramifications of armaments would change, how they worked, how the government used them, etc. Why then should the civilian populace not retain the right to keep in that scale? The key reason why the term militias is used refers to what militias did. They were people's armies. In the event of a government becoming too tyrannical, these armies could overthrow that government and change things. If we are all carrying around flintlock rifles, we're kind of handicapped, aren't we? Government is far from perfect. It is an order of the paradigm of government that it be imperfect. Your notion that society has refined past the point of essential application is 1. Clear proof of political indoctrination 2. a notion used by three important leaders in history: Adolph Hitler, Mao Tse Tung, Josif Stalin (incidentally, Lenin was in favor of an armed populace, in case someone like Stalin took over...). No society has a government too good that it can't get better, or become so foul that it needs replacement. Charleville muskets were sleek machines of death compared to british longbows back in the 18th century. A G-36 loaded with a Beta C is barely sufficient in that capacity. Another interesting point is the attempted ban on rifles firing the .50 caliber cartridge (a good hunting round) as they're afraid of the notion of 'voting from the rooftops,' which, as I've said, is just what the framers had in mind. Also, there was another time in American history wherein Gun control was considered a good idea. Reconstruction. The notion was that Freedmen shouldn't own guns 'for their protection.' Just a few thoughts, in an over protracted post.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #190
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm sure adolph and Josif are happy to read this.