Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #181
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Bush AWOL?

Look here: http://www.awolbush.com/

Bush C Average in College?

Look here: http://www.prospect.org/webfeatures/...h-r-05-24.html

Have not had time to really investigate each link (I'm at work), but I will when I get home. (Just trying to help out, Moni! Hugs!!!)

Mark
Not that Magik needs any help either, but since you stepped up for Moni, I might as well do the same.

The AWOL BUSH site appears to be nothing more than a liberal Bush-bashing website. There are many references to Bush being AWOL (mostly from political opponents). The site then goes on to call Bush's absence DESERTION, even though it provided links to the military definition of both DESERTION and AWOL....which are two ENTIRELY different offenses.

Still if you read the actual documents supplied there, you will discover that the National Guard DID know where he was. There is documentation that he had moved to Alabama due to his "civilian job". The follow-up document states that "he should have been re-assigned" to another National Guard unit. So it sounds like the National Guard "dropped the ball" on this one.

AFA as the "documentation" of Bush's Yale GPA, there is no supporting documentation given. The article just states his C-average as a given fact without providing any supporting evidence.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #182
skywalker
Banned User

Just to be clear, I did state I did not research either site because I am at work and can not spend time investigating. I did a quick search and picked those two. I lend no credibility to either page.

Mark
Old 08-21-2002, 12:40 PM   #183
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Sorry you missed the point of my post, Moni. I do think this issue is extremely important, and if you will recall I have started several threads on this same, or very similar, subjects over the past couple of years. My attempt at humor has apparently gone awry, so I will spell it out simply:
"If you want to be taken seriously in a discussion, don't act like a potty-mouthed child"
However, I thought adding a little levity to the comment might be a better idea.
I do not throw out bait, and I wasn't attempting any anonymous insults, but as a member of the IW community I thought I would editorialize on the direction the discussion was going, much as others have done in this same thread. If you want to take what I say as a personal affront or an attack on behalf of the IW community as a whole, feel free, it's your choice. I happen to agree with 99% of your political viewpoints and commentary, especially since you have sources you refer to, rather than vague accusations and unsupported poll data.
No, I didn't miss your point. I was aware that you could very well have been joking, being sarcastic, whatever. I just had to step up because it came off as being offensive to the posters here and the IW population in general.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:44 PM   #184
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Well, well, well. It's taken me two lunch periods at work to read through this thread. Lot's of interesting things to read here.
I see some don't think we are the only super power, because other countries have nukes. So what! Forget nukes. Look at what happens to the world when our economy hits the skids. So does the the whole world. No other country has that kind of effect. Maybe the EU will one day, but not right now. Japan sure doesn't. Their economy has been down for years. In my mind that makes us the only True Super Power.

Now we have the War on Terror, which was not started by us. I think that distinction belongs to Al Quada. We, and our allies, the British, Australians, and Canadians (and others) went into Afganistan and took them out along with their puppets the Taliban. We have been roundly critizied for it too. Granted, not by everyone, but we have taken a lot of heat for it.

I have to ask this question though. What if Al Gore had been President instead of Bush. Do you think we would have done anything different in regards to Afganistan and Iraq? I don't. We'd still have done it.
Because:

1. Politically he'd have had no choice. He would have looked more inffectual than Jimmy Carter (A Great Human Being, just not a very good President). The American People expected nothing less.

2. It was the right thing to do.

In regards to Iraq. Bush isn't the only one that wants him gone. Don't forget the some of the harshest critizism for Iraq comes form Democratic Senators Dashle (Senate Majority Leader), Libierman, Biden and Representative Gepherat (Minority Leader in the House). Both the Democrats and the Republicans have called for Hussein to be removed from power. If the present administration decides that the way to remove Hussein is by use of the military, then both Houses of Congress will support that decision. I have no doubt about that.

[ 08-21-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 08-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #185
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Umm I could never find anyone to buy an SAT score off of, could you point me to one? Please?

Where did you find the record of Bush having a C- average? What I have read is that he had a couple of C- grades but not that it was his "average"...and if you can buy a degree from Harvard I would assume you could also buy a more impressive grade average [img]smile.gif[/img]

And where did you find records of him being AWOL...not that that changes the fact that he mastered Advanced Aerodynamics classes, Calculus and Engineering concepts and many other technical requirements to earn the right to fly an F-16.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Just curious where you get your info since you do not believe opinion polls or the media.....did you believe them of Clintons aproval ratings?

[img]smile.gif[/img] No offense intended just enlightenment sought [img]smile.gif[/img]
I could not point you out to someone to buy SAT scores off of in public. You know as well as I do that people in positions of power can be bought though.

I'll have Rex send me the Bush info...he is the one who passed it on to me when reading the thread I answered to and offered to send it to me if anyone asked. He's asleep right now but I'll post his sources later.

I know a couple of idiots in the Air Force who fly F-16s btw. I am not impressed that Dubyah did and I believe I could probably fly one myself going on what I have seen of the individuals I know who are "qualified".

I also have friends with their Masters in Calculus and Engineering. They are your typical airhead geniuses...able to calculate complex numbers at the speed of light but can't walk and chew gum at the same time or drive a car to the store without hitting a fire hydrant or some other out of the way immobile object. Nice folks. [img]smile.gif[/img] Nice doesn't qualify them to run a country though and if they ever ran for president I would vote against them for the sake of all Americans.

What info specifically are you asking about?

No, I did not believe the poll ratings on the Clinton administration...I believed the people I talked to and the people I listened to. He was a popular and well liked man by many of my associates and friends...not all of them, but at least the ones who didn't like him were the kind of people I wished could go away LOL. Not to say that I feel that way about the Bush supporters here at IW...being associated with people through the internet is a completely different kind of human relationship in that you can like people you would never be seen with in public or feel dislike for someone you would be best friends with in real life...it all depends on how we come across to each other.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:03 PM   #186
Moni

Quote:
(Just trying to help out, Moni! Hugs!!!)

Mark
Thank you Mark, You are a sweetheart through & through. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2002, 01:06 PM   #187
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Just a random thingy...but apparently if you paid the Indians rent on an island they actually own just off NY...then the US economy would be utterly crippled.

Now this is just what i heard, I don't know if it's true (i actually got it off my dad, who thinks US people are idiots...and nothing will change his mind)

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:09 PM   #188
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
(i actually got it off my dad, who thinks US people are idiots...and nothing will change his mind)
LMAO
I can't comment any further without coming off as a complete a$$hole and I am sorry for that LOL
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #189
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Just to be clear, I did state I did not research either site because I am at work and can not spend time investigating. I did a quick search and picked those two. I lend no credibility to either page.

Mark
True enough, skywalker, and no offense was meant by my Post. I just browsed through the sites myself trying to get an idea of their validity.

As I said, the first site "appeared" to be nothing more than a bashing page. It contradicted itself by using the term "Desertion" to describe the alleged AWOL incident - even though it provided links to the military's definition of these two, separate terms. I got the feeling that Bush could invent a cure for AIDS and this site would be blasting him for his corporate ties to the pharmaceutical companies. Just my opinion. No more or less valid than yours.

Kaltia, while I'm sure it won't change your fathers' mind, you might remind him that the island WAS bought and paid for by English settlers. They just got a really good bargain.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:32 PM   #190
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I could also ask if you Brits would like to pay for rent for all of India for 200+ years.