Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 03:23 PM   #181
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

Ok, My Info system stuff

CPU: pentium 3 Processor
RAM: 37.2 GB total 20.3 Remaining
1.11 GHz
Disk device: Quantum fireballp AS SCSI Disk Device
DVD Drive: Sony DVD-ROM DVD-113R
CD Drive: Sony CD-RW CRX0811
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
Side notes: Patch is installed, Virtual Dub has been used, game has been unistalled and reinstalled several times, Activision doesn't know the problem, DirectX V8.0 (Problem?), Not a laptop
Old 02-02-2002, 12:14 AM   #182
colby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OFF TOPIC

(this is to cheer-up tho's who need help)

Howard had felt guilty all day long. No matter how much he tried to forget about it, he couldn't. The guilt and sense of shame was overwhelming.

But every once in a while he'd hear that soothing voice trying to reassure him...

"Howard, don't worry about it. You're not the first doctor to sleep with one of your patients and you won't be the last. And, you're single. So just let it go."

But invariably the other voice would bring him back to reality...

"Howard, you're a Veterinarian...."
Old 02-08-2002, 12:58 AM   #183
chatter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dont know if this will help or not but I tried a fresh install of wizards and warriors and was having the same trouble with the deep 6 error and cannot read memory errors. The only thing I can figure is it is the poor programming at Microsoft. I had it installed on Win 98SE and had no trouble until i upgraded to Windows XP. I tried updating the drivers and did not help. It would play for about 2 minutes then crash every time. I am running

Nvidia 32 Mb video card
900 Mhz Processor
256 MB RAM
SIS sound card.

I tried doing a fresh install of everything(completely cleaned off my drive) and does the same thing too.

If I am wrong please let me know.
chatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 11:37 PM   #184
lakotalegends
Welcomed New User

I have just installed W&W and it looks like just the kind of game I'm looking for. Unfortunately, something isn't right. I have no icon to click on and on going through the installed files I've only found 'deep6' or something along those lines that will get me to the game. Once there, I can make a character and then go into only two of the buildings in the first small town. I can't go up the hill or go out of the town. Any ideas on how I can get this program working? It looks interesting.
lakotalegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:49 AM   #185
chatter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcome lakotalegends

When you install the game it should put an icon on the desktop. But sinse it did not the deep6.exe file is where it leads too. If you have XP and if you have no icons on your desktop then right click the desktop and then go to the sub menu "arrange icons by" then click show desktop icons.

If you are running XP right click on the deep6.exe file, or shortcut to it, and click on properties and on the compatibility tab. Make sure the copmpatibility for mode is for win 95.

I installed it on Xp and it kept crashing because of that.In the future make sure that you put any info about you PC in with your message.

Hope I helped.

You will need to install the patch for W&W for the problem of net getting into all the buildings.
chatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 02:36 PM   #186
lakotalegends
Welcomed New User

Thanks for trying to help. I'm running Win ME and I made a shortcut to deep6.exe. I'm running in Win 95 compatibility mode and I've installed the patch. It seems that my problem comes with any kind of forward motion. I can get into anything that I don't have to move for but nothing else.

Any more ideas?
lakotalegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:25 PM   #187
darkpsychofrog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HELP! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Every time I initiate dialog with someone, the game crashes, be it the middle of dialog or the end, I have experimented with everyone... it only happens outside of town, but it does not matter with which individual... all NPCs... and the Operating System is:

Windows 2000 (Most likely my problem)

I have the patch, I have updated the software on the computer of course, I had to use the VDub fix for town... but other than that I have no idea why it is happening...
Old 02-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #188
darkpsychofrog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Application Error: C:\Program FIles\Activision\WizardsWarriors\Deep6.exe
The Instruction at 0042548d referenced memory at 06294000
THe memory could not be read from

Click OK to terminate the application

To clarify this is the error I am getting, close to if not the same as other individuals I have seen on the forum, downgrading to DX7 does not work, I tried that, I am just going to downgrade my O/S Back to Win98 SE and be done with it... [img]smile.gif[/img] heh... If the Operating System doesn't work, screw it.. *L*
Old 02-27-2002, 07:02 PM   #189
macoati
Manshoon

Seems XP may be causing a few problems with the memory read errors. I just got my copy of WW and have installed it. Installs fine but running the program gets me to 'black screen' with an hourglass icon for the mouse... then error message re: memory read @... cannot...0000 etc.

I have installed full and min..I have tried ALL compatibility options.
System info:
P3 866
nVidia TnT (correct XP driver)
128 mB ram
DirectX ? not sure but may try to drop to v7 if I find the post which has the directions.

I have not had this system online yet so have not done any XP updates via Microsoft (will have my network up this weekend and will do it then)

Any ideas on how I can actually get into at least the start?
Old 03-02-2002, 05:59 PM   #190
Valyssa
Welcomed New User

hello, please help me,
i have win 98, and just bought a game, but cant even start it, cause i have allways cd failure message and the game dont start.
with other games i dont have this problem.
also my cd rom driver seems to try to read the cd the whole time, and stops only if i stop it manually.
did anyone also had this problem?
in explorer the cd-rom dont shows the game name, but Wwkey0c, without any game icon.
thank you

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Valyssa ]

Valyssa is offline   Reply With Quote