Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 11:37 AM   #161
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

bump
Old 11-20-2001, 01:53 PM   #162
Amaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all I read through this thread and didnt really see something relevant to my problem. Basically I seem to have the game running pretty smoothly and rarely have seen any crashes while Im wandering about. Was having several problems but I worked through them I can't crack this one though and it's pretty annoying.

Basically the deal is that when I go into town sometimes and click on a shop it just drops to the desktop. This can be really annoying as I can't find a way to save in town? Does it auto save in town maybe? Anyways there seems to be no ryhme or reason to when it will crash just that it only happens when I enter a shop. The shops work fine and the animations play fine but sometimes when I go to enter one it just crashes to desktop. If anyone knows why this might be lemme know.

I've win98 a geforce 2 runing in 1024 w/ 256 megs of ram on a p3 600 mhz. I've defraged and scandisked and closed all background programs. Any help is appreciated.

Amaron
Amaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 10:05 AM   #163
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

bump
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 11:26 PM   #164
Stressed_out

Don't know if this is a tech problem, or just a general issue with the game; I just started playing the other day, and I find it REALLY difficult to target enemies - the selection zone is just too small. I just click all around until I manage to hit something - makes the game really annoying.

Any ideas? I've got :
K6-2 400MHz processor
128 megs RAM
ATI xPert 128 video card W/ 16megs VRAM

PS - I'm also getting the sound issues (no NPC voices) that I've heard others talking about - did anyone ever resolve that?
Old 11-30-2001, 11:09 AM   #165
E-Time
Welcomed New User

Hi There,

I am trying to run W&W and keep running into a DEEP 6 MEMALLOC error. It appears to be installed correctly and I have the most recent drivers for all of my hardware. I am running...

Windows 98SE
Voodoo2 3dfx
DirectX 9 (I had the same problem with 7 also)
I have installed it on drive D instead of C. Not enough room on c which is basically a boot disk.
Sound Blaster PCI 128
128MB Ram

Any Ideas? Thanks.
E-Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:29 PM   #166
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, I give.

I get really choppy sound when I'm playing. It happens when I switch from character to character in town, or when entering/exiting an area (town, dungeon, etc.).

I read through the other postings, and have defragged my hard drive, fixed virtual memory, updated sound and video drivers, and while it's better, it's still there.

System specs:

Athlon 800, 512 MB memory (768MB fixed virtual). 20GB HD, virtual memory moved to second HD (30GB). Over 10GB free space, full install of W&W.

This system does have onboard audio, which I've been using. I may have a sound card sitting around that I can throw in, but I'd prefer to avoid that if I could for the moment.

Any thoughts, and if there's anything else I should have added, please let me know.

Vielen Dank.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:25 PM   #167
Dark Savant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ello,

Still having D3D problems. I am using a P3 667 with 512MB Ram, Voodoo5 AGP, and can't install any DirectX other than 8 (currently using 8.1). When I run W&W with D3D(all modes), the main screen comes up and is ok till it checks the CD and the options pop up. Then the screen has Horizontal issues. I can see enough to click on Start the Game it takes me to the Town screen but I see images from the main screen and from Alien vs Predetor2, which I just recently installed and have been playing. The Intro to AVP2 is messed up as well but the game play is perfect.
When I run W&W in Software mode, all is fine. Also, since I read some issues about it, I am using a copied version of the Game from my originals,which I can't find. I'm more than half way through the game and would like to continue, any suggestions?

Thanks,

DS
Dark Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #168
Dark Savant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also forgot to mention, Im using W2KPro with SP2. I have patched the game couple months ago and fixed the issues in the AVI files and got those working fine, but ever since I installed AVP2 it doesnt work.

Gonna try removing AVP2, wish me luck. Damn computers, if it ain't one thing, it's that other thing that keeps em from running right! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

DS
Old 12-12-2001, 07:41 PM   #169
Dark Savant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got it to work! WOOOT! I don't know which it was but I first uninstalled AVP2 then I tweaked some D3D settings on my Voodoo5 through the display settings. Now it works great! Wheeeewww!
Gonna try re-installing AVP2 now see if I can get em both working. So I am running W&W on W2KPro with DirectX 8.1.

DS
Old 12-12-2001, 11:07 PM   #170
Amber
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help, I haven't had any problems with this game until now. I can't get out of skull castle. My computer freezes. Nothing has changed with my computer that I know of. I have scan disked, defraged, and changed the virtual memory. Trying to fix the easy stuff. But it hasn't worked. I have not downloaded any fixes yet, as I haven't had any problems. Would downloading the fix help this problem. Oh, I thought of something. I have been downloading mp3 files recently in anticipation of getting a cdwriter for xmas. Could the storage of these be causing a problem? Not enough something to reload stuff outside of castle? I didn't have any problem going into the castle with the same mp3 files. Sorry I don't know much about computers. Thank Amber
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote