Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2002, 06:54 AM   #151
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Ferji

As you spoke, the pair of orbs, radiating two small brawn light, stared at you intently. On the side, Grumm struggled to say something, but his voice stuck in his throat and the orc looked to the figure nervously.
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:22 AM   #152
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ferji

"Ehr..."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:58 AM   #153
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Ferji

The gaze went through you from head to toe then backwards. After a long moment, the eyes shifted to Grumm.

Everyone

Grumm cleared his throat, and squeezed his words out. His effort came stuttered, "B... B... Boss, Crunch dead..." The words faded away. If you could see him, you bet the poor orc's face was probally drained of blood. Still, the orc leader made no move, not even a scold. In the dim light, you heard Grumm scuffed uncomfortablely. And finally, he found enough guts to speak.

"But Grumm fought hard, b-boss! Grumm did! These dogs!" he bursted into consecutive barkings, and an accusing finger flailed at you, "killed Crunch in sleep! They did! Cowards lil elf girlies!" As soon as he finished, murmurs broke out on the wall, mixed with a few shouted threats. You heard steels ringing quite clearly.

[ 10-17-2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-17-2002, 04:42 PM   #154
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- now now, lets not be disrespectful of the "elf girlies" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Skye

Skye gave Grumm a piercing stare and commented wryly with a scowl "Oy there, that wasn't necessary. Although I cannot speak for what happened, I very much doubt that with a paladin in our group, we would attack anyone asleep.. where's the honour in that? It's as bad as backstabbing, which, at the moment, you are doing very well." She turned towards the tall figure with respect, and did the flashy bow typical to bladebards. "I'm sorry if we are an inconvenience. I do hope that you don't let his cowardly lies give you misconceptions. My name is Skye, I'm a bladebard. We are somewhat.. unfamiliar with the local terrain, and we ran into some invisible monster creatures." She shuddered slightly. "Rather unpleasant meeting, that was. One of Grumm's companions was eaten by the creature, and Grumm said he'd take us to his Boss, whom I assume is you," she gestured politely towards the tall figure. "If we did do what Grumm said we did, then we shouldn't have been able to get in here, right? We would've been stopped at the entrance. But Grumm says that we're his friends... but right now he just told you that we're cowardly tyrants. Personally, if I had someone like him under my control, I would be afraid of being betrayed." she said it a little off handedly, her ears hearing the whispers, arguing suspiciously over Grumm, who hung his head slightlyy in fear. "I am sorry if I'm speaking out of line, here, but I was wondering... perhaps you might be able to tell us about those invisible creatures? What exactly happened in this land? Er, if I'm rambling, stop me at any time... we'll leave if you wish." Skye winced slightly as she inwardly berated herself for her talkative nature. Using her elvish gifts, she used her better eyesight to keep an eye on the surrounding creatures, who seemed to be arguing over Grumm's demise, and to keep an eye out for their lost companion. 'He couldn't have gotten out, because the entrance closed behind us, so I hope he's not caught or in trouble,' she thought to herself. She waited to see the Boss's reaction and response to her outburst, as polite as it was. 'Baka,' she thought. 'Gonna get us all killed, unless he admires stupid bards rattling on...'
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 03:27 AM   #155
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Enough!" the deep voice was commanding, and the echoes traveled down the valley. The torches wavered in the back and further darkened his visage.

"What," the voice was calm this time. You were taken back by its vibrations. It was articulated and deep, at others almost hoarse and rough. It consisted a single strange penetrating sweetness that sounded disturbingly alluring. It was not enticing, but more resembled fascinating. One made of countless whispers and imprecations uttered in the darkness.

He continued "makes you think I would want to tell you anything? You are nothing but a pathetic bunch. Grumm," he addressed the small orc, who straightened slightly at the mentioning, "You performed well." The orc immediately breathed easier.

"You will be transferred to the caravan tomorrow, report to Bruce at once. Get going!"

"Me boss!!!" a tinge of excitement was in his raspy voice as he ran on, and Grumm left you with a mocking laughter.

OOC:
Quote:
Originally posted by Skydracgrrl:
now now, lets not be disrespectful of the "elf girlies" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2002, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-18-2002, 06:24 AM   #156
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OOC: Robin is going to grow up to be a bitter cynical fogey if he survives this encounter. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Robin Clym

Robin was disappointed, but there was little time to waste. Whatever happens now was going to be crucial to what happens next. Holding his quarterstaff in front of him with both hands, he spoke as firmly as he could to the Orc leader.

"I sense hostility in your voice, but there is no need for further violence. If you do not wish to help us, we shall take our leave and find our own way."

That said and done, Robin sidestepped in one swift movement to place himself inbetween the Orc leader and Skye. As he did so, Robin's mind blazed for ways on how to retreat out of here. Sennid, himself and Skye should have no problem, but Ferji was a problem. He hoped Ferji could run really fast, because he would be the only visible target... if worse comes to worst.

Fighting the Orc leader would not be impossible, but they were in an Orc base, which means that they would have to fight more than just the leader.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:49 AM   #157
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The leader made no moves against you. You heard the men (or orcs) on the top of the walls shifted. The silence was almost un-nerving.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he spoke in a matter of fact tone

"You all will be sold into slavery." he pointed to Skye, "Except her."

[ 10-18-2002, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-18-2002, 07:12 AM   #158
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ferji

"Hey!" Ferji said. "That's not right!"

He thought for a second, deciding this was a serious threat and that something should be done. Almost instantly, his halfling nature was pushed away and the little guy was committed. His eyes shifted from a friendly, watery blue to cold as ice.
Ferji walked around the Boss in a wide circle, keeping eye contact, eventually positioning himself between this leader and the gate. Then he drew his weapon.

He addressed the leader in a voice that was just a little too calm.
"If you don't change your mind, you'll be dead long before your minions get here. If you fall to my blade, leadership of this rabble will fall to me.
Talk, or open the way out if you choose not to. Those are your only chances at life.
I suggest you take them."

Ferji was completely serious, he'd do his best to live up to his words if the boss chose to have his troops attack.

[ 10-18-2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:07 PM   #159
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
"You all will be sold into slavery." he pointed to Skye, "Except her."[/b]
OOC- yer just trying to make up for that "elf girly" crack, arentcha? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Skye

IC: Skye looked at the Boss and blinked in surprise. If she had been holding a harp at the time, a string probably would have snapped. "Erm, I know it's rather, uh, rude of me to ask, but... why aren't you selling me too? Just my sense of curiousity you know, eheh." she gave a faint smile nervously, then glanced sharply at the halfling. "Don't do that, even if it is for your paladin honour, or whatever that makes you tick. You won't be helping the situation any, and I doubt that you can defeat everyone here and expect to leave alive. Don't get yourself killed foolishly! If you did somehow succeed in killing the Boss, whom I'm guessing can hold his own rather well, that will just make the others more dangerous, because they will become disorganized. And if you're still determined to fight, at least think of the danger you are placing on the others. You must think this out carefully. Sometimes patience is the best solution, even if we don't like the current outcome."
'And hopefully patience will come in the form of Elith,' she thought to herself grimly. She was still using her infrovision, and she was searching desperately for any sign of the former captive. 'Although it would make more sense for him to show up when the others are out of here... that way they would be more likely to overcome the orcs. Then they can come back for me... er, I hope.'
She stepped out from behind Robin, squeezing his arm reassurringly in passing (ooc-no one else notices except Robin) and faced the Boss confidently with a calm halfsmile, despite her inward emotions.

OOC- i type too much.. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 10-20-2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:53 AM   #160
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Erm, I know it's rather, uh, rude of me to ask, but... why aren't you selling me too? Just my sense of curiousity you know, eheh."

Several nasty laughters came from the wall.

"You know," as the bard finished her talk, the orc leader chuckled softly, "For the time being, you amused me. If you fell for that pee-brain of an orc, you'd certainly deserved everything you got yourselves into."

"FETCH THEM!" He turned abruptly, his voice loud and commanding, full of power. The cloak swung and rippled behind him, and it made a swooping noise. A dozen armed orcs rushed out of the gate, snarling viciously as they ran past their leader. Their weapons ominously reflected the torches in the air. Instantly, you were surrounded from all directions.

At the same time, swishing sounds foretold the coming of arrows. You saw not your attackers on the dark walls. You managed to lift your weapons, but all four arrows struck right between your feet.

The orc leader stood behind a ring of orcs with his back turned, and suggested calmly, "If you are desirous of maintaining your friends' health, paladin, you will do well to remain a good standing with me."

After that he started walking away, but stopped as he was about to pass the gate. As if an after-thought, he added, “Bring me the halfling!"

[ 10-19-2002, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]