Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 01:32 PM   #151
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

whenever i alt-tab out of the game it always messes up the game as when i press alt-tab again the music is running but the screen is partially gone and the mouse freezes sometimes. can anyone alt tab out of the game and return w/o messing the game up? and is there an e-zier way to do so if it does..
KAR_MOD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 10:37 PM   #152
FuzzyMoogle

I just picked up my copy of W&W. I'm running Win2k, which I know is the problem, but perusing this thread I haven't seen the answer yet (I think). When I attempt to install it, it looks like it installs properly. However, the piece it sticks in the Start menu is blank (Start, Programs, Activision, Wizards and Warriors, *BLANK*) and I can't find an EXE named properly in the directory.

Wha'd I do wrong?
Old 10-23-2001, 07:33 AM   #153
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Fuzzy,

The executable is called "deep6.exe" in the main folder. W&W has installed OK for me on both 2K and XP. I made sure that I had lots of disk space, was running as few services as possible, and chose the default installation locations.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 11:37 AM   #154
MitchR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyMoogle:
I just picked up my copy of W&W. I'm running Win2k, which I know is the problem, but perusing this thread I haven't seen the answer yet (I think). When I attempt to install it, it looks like it installs properly. However, the piece it sticks in the Start menu is blank (Start, Programs, Activision, Wizards and Warriors, *BLANK*) and I can't find an EXE named properly in the directory.

Wha'd I do wrong?
Mine dod the exact same thing - I just created a desktop shortcut to the Deep6.exe file and it worked after I did a couple other things. Do a search on Win 2000 or Win2k because you will need to run the program in a Win95 compatibility mode which is not turned on by default - here is the command you need to run: regsvr32 c:\winnt\apppatch\slayerui.dll

This allows Win95/98 compatibility and will allow you to modify your shortcut properties to use the compatibility. To install the game properly I had to run apcompat.exe from the Win 2000 CDROM - its in the admin tools. Also one other important thing, mine only works good when logged into my PC as Administrator.

Good Luck !
MitchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 05:55 AM   #155
Elorian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone!

I have problems with a computer crash down almost at the end of the game. In Cets Pyramid, after Kerah appears and becomes Demonposessed, my Computer starts to do nothing. I can't do any actions any more, just moving the Cursor, but don't push any buttons or do other actions. The only possibility I have is to restart my Computer.
I have an Acer EXTENSA 710T Notebook, Pentium II. Sometimes I think, my Computer doesn't like the Twisted master spell, cause I had a couple of crash downs, when my own characters used them on some enemies.

Maybe anyone, that can help me?
Elorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 12:57 PM   #156
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 07:40 PM   #157
Mandrake42
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Q: My cursor in the adventure window doesnt work as described in the manual. I cant attack or get access to any other cursors but move and look. Im using an nvidia card with detonator drivers and running in D3D.

A: Install the lastest detonator drivers (21.81 at time of writing) or run the game in software mode to kill this problem.

(Since I just had this problem recently I figured I should add it here for the benefit of others)
Mandrake42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 12:22 PM   #158
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bump for Dark Savant!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 06:34 PM   #159
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

Ok when I'm running around the Gael Serran the cursor starts going up and around in circles for no reason. and when i mean going up and down the view goes up and down and around in circles. i switched mice but still same prob. and it isnt the game b-cuz it works on my windows 98' its very annoying but only happens when i run i tryed toned down graphics and other game sets but no prevail. Also it only happens when im running but not when im walking which then takes me forever to get around. but ive never encountered this prob. on my other comp. Heres My System Specs:
HardDrive: 80 Gbz
Video Card: 64 Mb Nvidia
Speed: 1.7 Ghz
If my quote affends anyone plz tell me and ill stop using it.

quote:
Im going to make Lord Cet my Bitch!

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]

Old 11-15-2001, 01:18 AM   #160
flying sorcery
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For the most part I haven't had many problems with crashing and so forth until now. I saved last night after I left Brimloch Roon on my way back to the Ruins to get the Samurai Baton. Tonight I haven't been able to play at all. I take a few steps and the game freezes up. I went back into Brimloch Roon and tried getting on the ship and it locked up again. I've tried it several times, trying to leave town from different gates and it continues to lock up.

Now, I'm no techie so I'm not sure what info about my system you need (or necessarily how to get the info), but here's what I do know.

Windows 98
1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB RAM
64 Meg video card
30 Gig HD
Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA8233 Audio Controller

Virtual memory is set at a min of 300 and video compression is set. Please help....I'm going into withdrawal...and it could be ugly.

BTW...if you need more info, please tell me where I should go to find it.

Thanks!
flying sorcery is offline   Reply With Quote