Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:02 AM   #141
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

standing shakily ruby sees no reason to hold her physical sheild in place. she calls out to wyrd with a verbal command and the lion obediantly lopes to her side. the sight of which would remind anyone of a dog coming home to his master. the large lion rubbed dhis body against ruby as any house cat would in a show of comfort and affection, far greater than most have seen in their lives. ruby places her hand in wyrd's mane and lean on him for support. she finds she has been left to her seclusion, and takes the opporunity to meditate.

what a comfort it is to close ones eyes again and not be locked in terror, as she had been for so long. sitting with wyrdbeside herself and a hand tangled in his mane, they are the picture of serenity and strength. had this been a green feild with wild flowers and a lone standing tree the image would be worthy of painting, innocence taming a beast.

during her meditation ruby concentrates most on her bond with wyrd. thankful that she has never had to 'dominate' him, that he is is loyal and loving without being forced. this is her companion, her best friend and she knows iwthout a doubt that no matter what happens they will leave together!

OOC: according to the complete book of psionics (2nd ed) this meditation allows rubyt o regain psp's as tho sleeping, and yet remain alert enough to know her surroundings and anyone who approaches her.

[ 09-08-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 09-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #142
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

As Dantes surveyed the cavern he saw very few grimlocks remaining and all but one were being engaged by his companions and a number of strange new humanoids that Dantes had never seen before. Dantes thought it was strange seeing all these new humanoids, but he guessed that last battle was enough to bring out everyone able. Without further thought Dantes approached a grimlock kind of standing by himself not really moving much. In a smooth movement as graceful and natural as the sleek movements of a hunting cat, Dantes unsheathed his katana and sent it whirling in a vicious horizontal arc at the throat of the hapless grimlock.

OOC: This is presumably the one Ruby is mind linked with, if she is still mind linked, I don't think anyone else took that one, and if she is, then just assume it is cowering in fear or something like that.

OOC edit: Great post Cyril I meant to put that in here originally.

[ 09-08-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 09-08-2003, 11:35 AM   #143
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Dantes

Tyresias

He stands very still, grasping the stick which supports his movements with both hands, his sightless eyes open and staring blankly at the stone wall before him. While the desperate battle raged about the settlement, his own attention has been elsewhere and he shudders at what his blindness has allowed him to perceive. A barrier ancient and terrible has been passed and a forgotten source of power more ancient and terrible than the One Ring has been seized. With such frightful knowledge come questions – what could that ancient place behind the seals have been? How could Terrakis, for it can only have been he, have known of such place and what power does he control that allowed him entry? Too many questions. Questions for which he has no answers and which underscore his blindness, for there is much that he cannot see even in his knowing. Still he has seen enough to be struck nearly mute at the thought of what might come from all of this and he fears that the possibilities he cannot see are worse by far than the terrors he can easily anticipate from an event such as this.

Something happens then as the battle reaches its peak. Even as the mage’s casting of shadows went terribly wrong, a bright yellow flash shone within the sightless darkness of his eyes. Whatever power has been taken from that terrible place beyond the seals has been used. His fingers hurt as he tightens his grip around his stick and he closes his blind eyes in concentration. He listens through the stick and its contact with the earth to the sounds of a battle that is reaching its conclusion. Wincing at the groans of the wounded and saddened by the blood of the dead, he listens until he perceives that one to whom he must speak of the desperate possibility that might save them. Finding the mage, the blind seer moves his lips and a mouth forms within the stone near the recently slain grimlock. “Dantes,” it says in the voice of the seer, “we must speak.”
Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 PM   #144
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>To all players, except Dantes

It is concluded that all Grimlocks have now been slain except for the two that were spared (the young one and the one outside the cavern, nearly dead).

The battle is effortless and non-essential to post the wiping out of the few remaining.

It is now time to turn our attentions inward and check to see if we need healing, and what can be done to help the surviving gnomes.

We need about 1 day to heal and 2 days to recover spells spent. This was according to a PM from Cyril when I asked him how to go about returning to full use. Post individually as you see fit. I will be ready to move us along when any conversations are completed that we may need to engage in.

Cyril has his own agenda, and may include some of us in it. More on this later.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #145
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Kethotar (80/82)

Kethotar looked around in the cavern, after the few remaining grimlocks had been slain. His eyes searched through the fading darkness, separating the creatures still alive from the shadows and the natural surroundings. It was fewer of them than he thought. He had pictured perhaps 10 or 15 warriors fighting alongside of him, but instead there were maybe 5 adventurers or so. "They must be powerful, then," he thought, "and not just some random travelling party." The ranger had already come up with alot of questions, questions which he wanted answered.
Kethotar soon walked over to the elf who had helped him take care of the last grimlocks. He seemed to have travelled with this party for some time, and would probably be able to give him the answers he wanted. But first he would have to win his trust. "Hello there," he greeted while cleaning his sword and axe with some grimlock clothing. "You look wounded, my friend. You want me to take a look at those?" He was obviously referring to the man's several wounds. "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.
My name is Kethotar, by the way, and I happened to pass by here. You must be quite some adventurers to have gotten a whole horde of grimlocks and shadow hounds against you, and even defeating them. But my questions can wait for later. Right now, you really ought to let me take a look at those wounds."

OOC: The elf is Syrathic, if that's not clear.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #146
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Shadow ~~39/51~~

The battle has ended for these two, the last of the grimlock invaders, they know of their defeat and a few comforting words in common and elvish are said to reassure them that the battle has left them no foe with the shadowed one, and their safe departure is guaranteed, before the elf slipped away after seeing them depart down one of the twisting tunnels (I don't want to be ambushed from behind). Draping the dark cloak around himself to shield him from the eyes of those without the elven (or deep dweller's) gift for seeing those hidden in darkness he cautiously crept back in. Watching from the shadows of the entrance he silently observed them. Whatever the quest of the strange pair (human gladiator from his appearance and bearing, and the elf) that had arrived in these caverns, it was none of his concern, but his loneliness fed his curiousity. I shall observe them for a time, nothing more, my banishment was the decree of the council, and as such is above contest. Honour does not allow me to decide to go against the spirit of the edict and join with lone elves, aid them when the need is great, yes, but to become a part of their society, nay such things are not for me.

As he waited he took a few strips of cloth and cleaned and wrapped his wounds, and then he silently began cleaningthe ichor from blades. (OOC: I will quietly chant the spell for phantasmal force, causing an illusion of the crevice I'm hiding in to cover me, essentially hiding behind an illusionary wall, that will hopefully protect me from infravision as well, at least as long as no one touches it.)

[ 09-08-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #147
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

As he was cleaning his blade on the clothes of his last grimlock victim, Dantes heard his name and looked around for the speaker. His eyes searched the cavern before falling upon a mouth that formed in the stone of the cavern wall near him. At first Dantes had really no idea who had created it or why, but then it dawned on him. The voice was that of one of the gnomes that given him and the now abscent Morgeraut information at the council meeting. It was good to know that at least one of the gnomish council was alive, though sadly probably not many more others.
"Of course," he replied, not knowing if the gnomish magic allowed him to be heard through the mouth as well, and wondering what the blind gnome could possibly want with him. When he finished cleaning his blade he quickly sheathed it with a well practiced movment, and shruged off the still icy burns the wraith had caused, as he set out to the council hall to meet to gnome.

OOC: I hope that runestone didn't get trashed. . .
I'm getting low on healing potions any chance of finding some more before we leave?

[ 09-08-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 09-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #148
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ruby-45hp 120psp wyrd-60hp

wyrd watched those recovering from battle. being an animal that normally has family he feels some concern for their welfare. his lone companion tho, with long years of solitude, seems to oblivious to anyones needs but their own. a bit unhappy at her lack of coutesy he nudges her and reminds her she can help the healing.

being taken from her meditation by the soft reminder of what she owes the group was not as alarming as one might think. wyrd knows her inside and out and knows how best to not startle her. she nods to him in understanding and surveys the company, looking for where her limited talents could be best used.

brendon was the only one she could see needing much help. and even he seemed to have aquired the help of the mysterious elven woman. even so...magic has it's limits, the same as her own powers, so it is not with insult to the womans talents that ruby and wyrd approach the pair with offers of help.

"br-brendon," ruby begins witha stammer, "i have the ability to aid your wounds in healing and regaining your strength. it takes much out of me, but i am glad to offer my assitance."

wyrd stands quite proud of himself, for teaching ruby the ways of a group that comes together for one purpose. so proud in fact he is almost humorous to look upon.

OOC: the power she refers to is cell adjustment. it can cure 1 hp for 5 psp's.

[ 09-08-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 09-08-2003, 02:50 PM   #149
Legolas
Jack Burton

The Possessor - 68/76

The fighting at an end, the crowd cheering at the fringes of his hearing, the Possessor gathered up his equipment; shortsword, shield and, with a single word, his bola. He cast about for a way out of the combat zone, but lacking a passage contended himself with a place near the cavern wall.
As he stood there, secretly pleased with himself for the minor amount of injuries he carried at the end of the fighting day, the gladiator felt an emptyness inside him as well. He should have given more of himself, many flows of deep delicious crimson to add to the stickyness of the cavern floor, and the excitement of the onlookers.
Yet it was not to be helped now. His opponents were dead, and he would soon return to his cell. Luxurious, perhaps, but a cell nonetheless. And his innmates were not the type of people one could afford to befriend.

Staring at the others, the few survivors of what must have been a battle far greater than the skirmish he walked in to, it began to dawn on the Possessor that here there were no slight comforts to return to, here there was nothing but stagnant pools to quench ones thirst, and minute bugs to ease ones hunger. The uneven floors did nothing to alleviate sore muscles and little enough to restore a man after a tiring day.
The gladiator judged that this was not the time to impose his own needs upon the group, however, for they seemed as weary as they were scattered. Soon, once all had formed around whoever was their leader. That would be the right time.

OOC: I'll be sure to grant them a more prominent position within my posts then, Larry [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 12:42 AM   #150
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima 60/60

After Ana had seen to Brendon with what she could, she turned and made off to see if there was anything that could be done for the others. She had the knowledge of where the potions maker hid some of his healing elixers, and she went to go find these, to distribute them accordingly.

OOC>>>

Without role-playing it, we can assume that Anarrima, Ruby, and Kethotar have healed the party to full strength by the end of the day. Or whatever you call it in this blasted forsaken hole of a cavern we're in! I need the sun in my face once again, man! I am going crazy in this place!

(Edited for removal of material.)

Brendon 70/70 HP

"Thank you, Ruby. I wish I could repay you, but have nothing but my arrows. Hey? Where did I drop my bow? Has anyone seen my bow?"

Brendon wanders off in search of his bow and the magical quiver of arrows that Myron bestowed upon him so long ago, it must have been a fairy tale.

OOC>>>

Assuming that Brendon finds his bow, he will then meet back up with the party at the designated area.

[ 09-21-2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Closed Thread