Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 05:16 PM   #141
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ouch, Aelia is playing the "aged" card again...no respect from the youth of today (sigh) . ooh, so we picked Persian Prince did we - I drew Celestial Show in the sweep - should have called him No Show instead.

Hmm, Parsons, now I carpool with a Graeme Parsons - wrong one , but his teenage daughter won the NZ Amateur two years ago. Jarrod is back in town as well at present, Craig Parry is due shortly - it's that one week a year they all return.

First test starts shortly - almost time to boo a black cap. Unfortunately, you and I will be watching TV while your brother will actually be there .

Hit those books and ace those exams (all 2 of them).
Old 11-07-2001, 04:28 PM   #142
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
All three of them, thank you very much [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not to mention my take-home exam, but I've already handed that in. Eek, only a week and a bit and it will all be over for a few months.

Yes well it rained yesterday, Gabba might be a bit squishy. Don't think it'll rain today though. Here's to the Bat's century! And Langer's duck And a fine drinks carrying performance from Bichel

I'm getting excited about the soccer, Harry's coming today, Viduka's already here... I think it's going to be world cup all the way [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2001, 05:07 PM   #143
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
All three of them, thank you very much [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not to mention my take-home exam, but I've already handed that in. Eek, only a week and a bit and it will all be over for a few months.

Yes well it rained yesterday, Gabba might be a bit squishy. Don't think it'll rain today though. Here's to the Bat's century! And Langer's duck And a fine drinks carrying performance from Bichel

I'm getting excited about the soccer, Harry's coming today, Viduka's already here... I think it's going to be world cup all the way [img]smile.gif[/img]

Arghhhhhh, still remember that fateful day we drew with Iran, and still want to strangle that idiot who loves to disrupt sporting events. He cost us all the momentum dammit - a public flogging should have been administered grrrrrr!!!.

OK, I am better now - yes, Harry and Mark are coming, although I went and saw them in action together in May, so I can probably afford to sit back and watch this time on TV . And Arsenal look to be sending most or all of the stars on the french team - hope it's at full strength.

Did you know that Langer and the Bat are the best of buds? The WA press are certainly making out that that is the case - gee, I guess sometimes it is a slow press day huh - they can't have had to much of interest to take a full page to say that.

Great, the first test.... and I will find out today if Wiz 8 is coming to Perth next week - WOOHOO!!!. Good luck on those tests.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #144
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes that was a dark dark moment in Australian soccer history. We all learnt some valuable lessons. Now we must never speak of it again.

Onto some happier topics - the Bat is a legend. No more to say. And before you say anything about Langer, any halfway competent bowler would have got him out the first few overs. In fact, he probably should have been out. Then Punter would have come in and not failed. Stupid Punter. Why does he always fail me? Yes I have heard Bat and Alf are buds. I think Bat's just pleased to have a partner who doesn't try running him out every ball

Have fun at work today [img]smile.gif[/img] Almost the weekend... for some of us

Btw, it's raining here. Might not be much cricket today

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]

Old 11-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #145
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Your quite correct - we must never speak of that topic again. Brazil's latest loss to Bolivia brings them back in contention to play OZ in the eliminator. They must beat Venezuela in the next game, or they are likely to become our opponents. Good to see Harry and Mark are back on deck for the green and gold.

Yes, the Bat wins again - Langer should have been given out for 0 looking at that LBW apeal in the first over. Didn't things crumble in the afternoon though (sigh).

Ha ha (choke), yes, the weekend has already started for you, and I have one day to go . Things are getting a little stressed at work - the plant is not performing as well as we would like, and the managers are insisting we will make a certain production target by the end of the year. I think it will be touch and go. We certainly seem to be having our share of unnecessary stuff ups at the moment.

Hey, what happened to your side-kick - I just get a box rather than the usual aerobatic porcine. WE WANT TO SEE PINK .
Old 11-08-2001, 07:52 PM   #146
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Really? I can see Pink just fine. And I know Jerome could see him... perhaps your old-man-eyes playing up ? It may be time to think about getting a monocle

Ugh, your job sounds too much like real life. I think I'll savour my patch of uni-unreality for as long as I can. Well I need to do masters to get acreditation as a psychologist, so thats a few years extra... What is it that you produce? Isn't that just like managers though, insisting on something that might be impossible. Or so Dilbert says...

Yeah, my heart sank last night when I was watching the news and heard about Brazil's loss. Cause you know however hopelessly they're playing now, if we play them they'll be unbeatable. Sigh.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:31 AM   #147
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Really? I can see Pink just fine. And I know Jerome could see him... perhaps your old-man-eyes playing up ? It may be time to think about getting a monocle

Ugh, your job sounds too much like real life. I think I'll savour my patch of uni-unreality for as long as I can. Well I need to do masters to get acreditation as a psychologist, so thats a few years extra... What is it that you produce? Isn't that just like managers though, insisting on something that might be impossible. Or so Dilbert says...

Yeah, my heart sank last night when I was watching the news and heard about Brazil's loss. Cause you know however hopelessly they're playing now, if we play them they'll be unbeatable. Sigh.

Brazil unbeatable - piffle and rubbish -just ask the French . Good to see PINK again, and I will forgive you (just this once) for that maniacal monocle remark. I see you are having a drop of unappreciated precipitation at the moment - certainly washed out the cricket. We are having our usually endless summer fine days .

What do I do - I make Alumina - tons and tons of it. I are a Process Supervisor, whatever that is, and I are a Chemical Engineer too. I work for (puts on his best Texas drawl) the Aluminum Company of America maam! (even took out the mandatory i in Aluminium that our friends in the US tend to not pronounce too well).

Time I went off andf joined the OLD COOTS then - I hear they have some mighty fine lookin eye candy over at their chapter-house .
Old 11-09-2001, 04:34 PM   #148
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Might fine looking... you know it

Yep, and it rained all night as well. I think it may be too tough even for the super soakers today. Shame about that, we were just breaking their spirit again. Well it'll probably still be broken if play resumes

Woo hoo, election today! Got your polling pencils sharpened? Bet you wish you still lived in Queensland, we have the unsurpassed pleasure of voting for Pauline Hanson for the senate
Old 11-09-2001, 04:47 PM   #149
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL, must be your first general election is it? Do you do the easy thing in the senate and write one number, or do you do like me, and insist on numbering every box in relative random madness after putting those you like and dislike in first .

Rain huh - damn, we had em on toast too - good to see QLDmake a good start against WA, but why did they let that 9th wicket partnership get away from them yesterday (sigh).

Ooh, looks like that game I am waiting for will be here in 10 days - tick tock tick tock .....

Mighty fine huh..... , and modest, don't forget modest ..... (the older generation would now that is a quote from the King and I ). So tell me, if you have been watching survivor, and whether you identify best with the oldies or the youngies of the badly split Samburu tribe (or perhaps you don't watch it because you think it's trash, or your too absorbed in study (.

What the heck am I doing up this early ona weekend.... oh, golf this morning, that's right .
Old 11-10-2001, 04:05 PM   #150
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LOL, I don't identify with any of them! They're all horrible horrible people. I long for the good old days with Rich manipulating everyone and Sean voting alphabetically

Hee hee, I numbered all the boxes. My brother was most put out that he had to stand and wait for me. I was a bit worried I might have missed a number so when I finished with 40 it was a relief I almost had Pauline as one, then I noticed Nigel Freemarijuana was running

Rained all day yesterday as well. But it might not today, and I don't think it rained much last night, so our run of drawless matches may continue.

Did you win your golf? Parry remember, or maybe you've got a Peter Senior putter