Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 02:26 PM   #141
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord High Eater of Legs:
no, no, no, you've got to mix up a haggis with it
It'd be best for all concerned if we left Haggis out of it.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #142
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Well...a long time and far away...I forget how long ago and how far exactly this occurred...there was a man...or was it a woman....no, it was a man....or a boy? No, a man....and his name....I forget, but the point is, this woman was an expert banjo player...and she played his banjo from here to wherever, which was just as far away from here as the faraway place previously mentioned, so you can guess how far away this far away place was...so, anyway, this man played his flute for hours upon end, in every court and every palace from here to wherever...

Your story sucks uncle robby. Sorry could'nt resist it. Boy it seems ever since Kaltia returned Cloudy's has been spam central.[/QUOTE]And as of THIS Cafe, that will stop being the norm, SomeGuy.

I've had no less than four people refuse to come here because the last three Cafes have been filled up with pure spam. I've been nice about it, but it just can't keep going on and if I have to, I'll just shut down the cafe for a while. I've also had complaints about it on the main GD and this has got to stop. I understand there's excitement at the return of a friend so it's ok for now, but after today, please let it slow up.

I like a good silly chat as well as anyone, but some of these postings back and forth are more suitable to an IM like MSN messenger or AIM, not the board. Ordinarily it's not a problem, because they don't happen too often but when we fill up 7 or more pages in a few hours, it is obviously a problem. I can't keep making new Cafe's that fast and if it's going to continue, closing down is preferable to losing a member who only just got back for something this small.

Kaltia, hon, you know you're on your last chance here. PLEASE don't do yourself in by minor stuff like over spamming the board, ok? And all of you who are her friends, you can HELP by not encouraging it with similar spam replies. She's not doing it alone! If you have other boards that allow pure spam, maybe when you just can't help yourself, you could go let the spam urge fly there?

In the meantime, it's good to see...uh..haggis...in the Cafe? EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!

[ 02-02-2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #143
Sigmar
Unicorn

Then can't there be a thread for more nonsencical conversation?

Or better yet info about the Chatroom and when its gonna be back online

I'd prefer the second option personally. Cloudbringer next time you talk to Ziroc can you please ask him if the chatroom feature will return anytime soon. And also I'm sorry about my spamworthy comments earlier on, won't happen again.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:46 PM   #144
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sigmar, like I said, a little is OK, but it's been PAGES AND PAGES of it for three Cafe threads now. That's the problem.

I really want to be CLEAR on this- it's OK to chit chat/spam a LITTLE, but please don't do one line conversations and such for several pages at a time. That's all I'm asking.

I'll definitely mention the chat room option again! I know after Z pulled it down he was planning to upgrade it if he re-instated it, but I don't know what the status is on it. I will ask about it.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:51 PM   #145
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I really want to be CLEAR on this- it's OK to chit chat/spam a LITTLE, but please don't do one line conversations and such for several pages at a time. That's all I'm asking.
Please add the endless quotes to this. I don´t think I am the only one getting annoyed by those. And a long as the chat room is down there are several IMs available.

OK Cloudy, tell us something more joyish about your day.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:54 PM   #146
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Sorry, Cloudy, you are right [img]smile.gif[/img]
On a more nonsensical note...did you know haggis wasn't actually a Scottish invention? Not sure WHO did it first (and when I find out there will be SERIOUS repercussions )
Yuckies, I have school tomorrow Chemistry, IT, maths...oh JOY.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #147
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you Kaltia. I know you mean well, but you do have to control yourself, a little, at least. [img]smile.gif[/img] Do more of the silly chat stuff on msn or other places, as Willow suggested and come and talk to us about yourself, your hopes, dreams, problems, current thoughts on the state of haggis.... LOL Like I said earlier, a little won't hurt, but rampant abuse will be a big problem.

LOLOLOL Something from my day? Well, I woke up at 5 am to go to the bathroom and stepped in a pile of kitty barf, barely was awake enough to clean my foot and pick most of it up and went back to bed. Now I can clearly see my footprint on the carpet in the hallway and I think mr Carpet Shampoo Machine is coming out to play! OH JOY!! LOLOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #148
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Sorry, Cloudy, you are right [img]smile.gif[/img]
On a more nonsensical note...did you know haggis wasn't actually a Scottish invention? Not sure WHO did it first (and when I find out there will be SERIOUS repercussions )
I remember telling a couple of people about it in the chatroom . Despite popular belief Golf, tarmac roads, kilts and haggis are not of Scottish origin.

The haggis was first made in Egypt, the recipe was then carried to Turkey where it was then somehow taken to Belgium, after around half a century the haggis we all know and love came to be in bonnie old Scotland... also Golf originated in Rome and the kilt also began in Egypt, it then travelled to England where Scottish people then adopted it.

As for the haggis dish itself, I think it tastes pretty good, kind of like mince with brown sauce, the texture is differant though. Vegeterian haggis is a differant matter altogether.

I'm a regular font of knowledge [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(All the information written above taken from the book "I can't believe it")
Old 02-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #149
Kaltia
Jack Burton

*blinks a bit*
Cloudy, kitty-barf=lovely My cat came and got in bed with me at 5am this morning, paws covered in gods knows-what. There were maggots and everything! (I think my cat tale beats yours )
Sigmar, font of knowledge? Not QUITE how I'd describe you, m'dear

Old 02-02-2003, 03:10 PM   #150
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What's wrong with haggis?
I've had haggis several times.. it's nice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deceptively nice for a food composed of a sheep's lungs, liver and other organs wrapped in it's stomach.
At least the Scots know how to get the most out of one animal.