Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 01:48 PM   #131
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
[QB]
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
[qb]U.S. citizens included(I said majority QB]
Majority? Last I heard he had a 70% approval rating in America.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I take deep offensive to some forigener calling our president an Idiot. Not to say you cant, its just disrepectful.
Take offense if you want, I'll call him an idiot every chance that I get, for that's what he is. I believe that he's scored an IQ on several tests that marked him as a borderline retard. In addition to that he's only helping to make people dislike the US more with his actions, plus, you can't excuse the COMPLETELY idiotic things that he's said at times with him not being a good public speaker like I've heard some people do....
Old 08-20-2002, 01:53 PM   #132
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
[QB]
Quote:
[qb]U.S. citizens included(I said majority QB]
Majority? Last I heard he had a 70% approval rating in America.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I take deep offensive to some forigener calling our president an Idiot. Not to say you cant, its just disrepectful.
Take offense if you want, I'll call him an idiot every chance that I get, for that's what he is. I believe that he's scored an IQ on several tests that marked him as a borderline retard. In addition to that he's only helping to make people dislike the US more with his actions, plus, you can't excuse the COMPLETELY idiotic things that he's said at times with him not being a good public speaker like I've heard some people do....[/QUOTE]Where on EARTH did you hear that IQ test?! Hes making people dislike the US more? Not really, the statisics I last saw had England and Austrailas aproval rating for America the highest its been in some time. Dont know if those are true or not though.

And personaly, I have never heard him make a mistake in his speeches. But I am from texas so it might just go along with the accent.

Attlus: Indeed go dubya!

[ 08-20-2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-20-2002, 01:56 PM   #133
Neb

Let's see..... "More and more of our imports come from abroad!" and "Pollution isn't the problem, impurities in our air and water are!"

If that's part of the accent then I'm going to see that accent wiped off of the face of the Earth. And the IQ thing, I've heard that in a lot of places, including several Danish newspapers and some random websites.

The English? They've got Bush's little lapdog Blair making them like him more... And of course they've only asked the part of the population which has a 70% approval rating if that's how high an approval rating that they want to get.

And I agree with the two of you: "Go Dubya! Go play on the highway!"
Old 08-20-2002, 01:57 PM   #134
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Neb, as I have tod Moni, you are totally free to dislike hiom.. However, I suspect you are relying on the media too much. I have met the man (when he was Governor of Texas, and I assure you that he is an intelligent likable man. And I am behind him 100%, like many Americnas. Well, not Moni.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:00 PM   #135
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Let's see..... "More and more of our imports come from abroad!" and "Pollution isn't the problem, impurities in our air and water are!"

If that's part of the accent then I'm going to see that accent wiped off of the face of the Earth. And the IQ thing, I've heard that in a lot of places, including several Danish newspapers and some random websites.

The English? They've got Bush's little lapdog Blair making them like him more... And of course they've only asked the part of the population which has a 70% approval rating if that's how high an approval rating that they want to get.

And I agree with the two of you: "Go Dubya! Go play on the highway!"
But have you actually heard him say that or just read it on some website? Dannish newspaper eh? Did you forget Denmark was in Eroupe?

You can hurl insults at Blair all you want, but he has a freewill. Its not like hes programmed to do it. In the end it is his choice to support bush. I am not realy sure what his views are, I have heard him described as a "Militant Liberal". There is not that much on him usally though.

[ 08-20-2002, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-20-2002, 02:01 PM   #136
Neb

That doesn't make it any better that he's doing it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Plus, I've gotten those quotes and that IQ stuff from tons of places, some american, some european.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:02 PM   #137
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
This is a link to the ImMigration and Nationality Directorate branch of the Home Office.

It shows just one way that immigrants can become British Citizens. There are other more complicated ways which involve having a parent or grandparent who are British and also gaining citizenship through ‘Crown Service’.

Great info I love reference links! But I was not commenting on becoming British Citizens [img]smile.gif[/img] Just on becoming British...I realize it is probably just a slight semantic differentiation. Peace! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 02:06 PM   #138
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
That doesn't make it any better that he's doing it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Plus, I've gotten those quotes and that IQ stuff from tons of places, some american, some european.
And none have been confirmed.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #139
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
quote:
Anyways, I don't even live in the US, why am i commenting on Dubya? (Apart from the fact that that man's a bloody idiot)...oh dear, I just dug myself a deeper grave..*sigh* Well, BG2, here I come.
I think the world's majority agrees with that sentiment, U.S. citizens included(I said majority Attalus...not everyone )
Congrats on the win and have fun in BG2! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Calaethis did NOT bugger off... Calaethis suffered Disconnection AND a powercut... Calaethis couldnt get back onto IWs. besides it wasnt a tennis match. it was... erm, friendly sparring match. [img]tongue.gif[/img] besides, Kat distraced me on msn. [img]tongue.gif[/img] but let her have the win if it makes her happy.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #140
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Many people dislke the USA because it is the "only" major World power and it uses that fact to the fullest. We are the proverbial "Bull in the china shop".

It always looks like America can do whatever it wants because we can and noone is big enough to kick us off the "Hill" in which we are "King".

I do believe our government could use a bit of humility and tact.

I also think that Colin Powell would have been a better President than the one we have now (what's his name, again? ).

I cringe at every boast made in the name of America. Pride is fine when it is tempered...I see little of that these days.

Mark
I keep hearing that over and over again, the USA is the only worldpower. Who made that up ? And why do you think that ? Are your nukes more shiny than those from China, Russia, Ukraine, the UK, and all those others ? Imo, everyone with an arsenal full of nukes is a worldpower. Sure you could kick the Chinese of your little hill, but they could crawl back up and blow up that hill with you on it. It's arrogance that comes before the downfall dude.[/QUOTE]You think that nukes are the only criteria for what constitutes a world power? Would you consider Pakistan a world power? Don't you feel that economic issues have some bearing in who is and isn't a world power? By your definition, some terrorist somewhere who acquired a Russian warhead could be considered a world power and not even have a country to represent.

Additionally, I think this thread is bullshit. There is no reason to start spewing anti-American crap here. Sure you all may not agree with some of what America has done. Hell, many Americans don't agree with some of what we've done. That doesn't stop us from taking pride in the good aspects of our country. Threads like this never get anywhere productive and they only serve to piss people off.

[ 08-20-2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: MILAMBER ]
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition