Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #131
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:

You're a very cruel man, Here I thunked you had seen the Light

Sorry to dash your hopes

Btw, did you see my answer to you on the last page of the now locked Capitalism/Christianity thread? No need to comment on it, but I just want to make sure you see it. I congratulated you on proving me wrong
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:14 PM   #132
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I've heard, somewhere and read it a few places too, that the jews actually BOUGHT quite a bit of the land they now occupy from the palestinians, it was useless land back then and the palestinians were quite happy to get it off their hands in exchange for cash, then when the jews had made the land fertile, irrigated it and such, the palestinians suddenly started taking an interest in getting their land back, can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure that it's true, but I've heard it from reliable sources.
Ok, for the lowdown on this written by JEWS, go to the URL below...

http://www.cactus48.com/truth.html

To my mind, it's a very clear statement of what happened since the year dot. And it goes into topic you mention in great detail.

Here's the introduction, just to whet anyone's appetite that's interested:

'The standard Zionist position is that they showed up in Palestine in the late 19th century to reclaim their ancestral homeland. Jews bought land and started building up the Jewish community there. They were met with increasingly violent opposition from the Palestinian Arabs, presumably stemming from the Arabs' inherent anti-Semitism. The Zionists were then forced to defend themselves and, in one form or another, this same situation continues up to today.

The problem with this explanation is that it is simply not true, as the documentary evidence in this booklet will show. What really happened was that the Zionist movement, from the beginning, looked forward to a practically complete dispossession of the indigenous Arab population so that Israel could be a wholly Jewish state, or as much as was possible. Land bought by the Jewish National Fund was held in the name of the Jewish people and could never be sold or even leased back to Arabs (a situation which continues to the present).

The Arab community, as it became increasingly aware of the Zionists' intentions, strenuously opposed further Jewish immigration and land buying because it posed a real and imminent danger to the very existence of Arab society in Palestine. Because of this opposition, the entire Zionist project never could have been realized without the military backing of the British. The vast majority of the population of Palestine, by the way, had been Arabic since the seventh century A.D. (Over 1200 years)

In short, Zionism was based on a faulty, colonialist world view that the rights of the indigenous inhabitants didn't matter. The Arabs' opposition to Zionism wasn't based on anti-Semitism but rather on a totally reasonable fear of the dispossession of their people.

One further point: being Jewish ourselves, the position we present here is critical of Zionism but is in no way anti-Semitic. We do not believe that the Jews acted worse than any other group might have acted in their situation. The Zionists (who were a distinct minority of the Jewish people until after WWII) had an understandable desire to establish a place where Jews could be masters of their own fate, given the bleak history of Jewish oppression. Especially as the danger to European Jewry crystalized in the late 1930's and after, the actions of the Zionists were propelled by real desperation.

But so were the actions of the Arabs. The mythic "land without people for a people without land" was already home to 700,000 Palestinians in 1919. This is the root of the problem, as we shall see.'

This is a REALLY good little booklet, in several sections, really easy to read. I really recommend it.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Silver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:30 PM   #133
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Thanks for clearing that up for me SC.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #134
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Cheetah, your Israel post above would make the start of a great separate thread. The danger in posting it in this thread is that it will be lost. If you post it in a separate thread, with an appropriate title, it will be more readily available for everyone who is interested in that topic to find
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 01:50 AM   #135
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Hmm. Might have done a bit of that vilification myself, now I think on.... Oh, all right then......

Yeah...I'm one of those vilifier types too. I'm currently trying to apply retardant to all of the bridges that I'm immolated lately.

*Offers Handshake*

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote